Hawkeye

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
These scripts seem, um, terrible?

Why does the weight of an arrow cause the bell to collapse, when any human pulling on the bell would impart far more force?
What's with them adding Ant-Man in the musical? It would be interesting if it was meta-commentary about modern Marvel retconning minorities into everything (when you look at that new Marvel page on Disney+ with Captain Marvel, notice Black Pantherette on the left), but Ant-Man was an original member of the comic team.
Armand isn't old enough to have a great-great-grandson. (Unless they are all clones of each other, and would tie into the invincible rich people, in which case I retract this complaint.)
Why include a line by the invaders of them needing to be out in 90 seconds, when it would take her more than that just to get into the Ronin suit?
Why is the dog attacking the guy when he finds the Avengers watch. Who the hell is the guy anyway? Why the fuck does the dog know the watch is important?
Why is Kate prioritizing saving the dog vs all the people in the party / auction?
If the dog has the watch, where has he been hiding it since? He doesn't have pockets, he's a dog.
Why does Kate prioritize saving the dog in traffic from all the people in the party / auction?

So some random dude saw a house fire, thought "Hey, let me go walk through that fire in case there's anything cool in there", stole the Ronin jacket, then the larping group he attends happened to have stuck their logo on a random fire truck that also happened to report to said fire?
Then Hawkeye thought that logo was meaningful to the investigation, and dude has already posted a video of him in the Ronin costume?

(Seriously, I literally cannot process how stupid the writing in the house fire -> stolen outfit -> larp sticker -> larp meeting is. Did I miss something? Did they make emergency covid reshoots?)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Why does the weight of an arrow cause the bell to collapse, when any human pulling on the bell would impart far more force?
What's with them adding Ant-Man in the musical? It would be interesting if it was meta-commentary about modern Marvel retconning minorities into everything (when you look at that new Marvel page on Disney+ with Captain Marvel, notice Black Pantherette on the left), but Ant-Man was an original member of the comic team.
Armand isn't old enough to have a great-great-grandson. (Unless they are all clones of each other, and would tie into the invincible rich people, in which case I retract this complaint.)
Why include a line by the invaders of them needing to be out in 90 seconds, when it would take her more than that just to get into the Ronin suit?
Why is the dog attacking the guy when he finds the Avengers watch. Who the hell is the guy anyway? Why the fuck does the dog know the watch is important?
Why is Kate prioritizing saving the dog vs all the people in the party / auction?
If the dog has the watch, where has he been hiding it since? He doesn't have pockets, he's a dog.
Why does Kate prioritize saving the dog in traffic from all the people in the party / auction?

So some random dude saw a house fire, thought "Hey, let me go walk through that fire in case there's anything cool in there", stole the Ronin jacket, then the larping group he attends happened to have stuck their logo on a random fire truck that also happened to report to said fire?
Then Hawkeye thought that logo was meaningful to the investigation, and dude has already posted a video of him in the Ronin costume?

(Seriously, I literally cannot process how stupid the writing in the house fire -> stolen outfit -> larp sticker -> larp meeting is. Did I miss something? Did they make emergency covid reshoots?)
It’s suppose to be a show for entertainment? Why does everything have to be literal and realistic? Just enjoy it lol

• 1Picard

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream

The clock tower was some stupid shit. I guess they had this heavy bell resting on a popsicle stick construction building. Maybe built in China. They made it for the sole purpose of being a plot point, but it was stupid.
I think Ant-Man was there just so Hawkeye could say "He wasn't even there!"
He could have been a Great Grandson. I didn't hear him say great twice, but I wasn't paying that much attention.
And that LARP bullshit, the girl said it's fire fighters and police officers. Couldn't Hawkeye just say the Hawkeye-ette is going to press charges for the stolen outfit from her house fire, and the police on duty would actually care enough to stop the stupid LARP bullshit?

The show doesn't make tons of sense, but it's still entertaining.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
546.gif

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Alright, fine, Ninja Larper being a First Responder that saw the outfit not get damaged in the fire, thought "That's so cool, I will now steal it", did so, then immediately incriminated themself by posting a video on the internet, plus leaving further evidence in the form of the Larp sticker, is technically internally consistent, albeit criminal and kinda offensive.

The kid is definitively called Armand 7.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Maybe it was a tongue-in-cheek joke by the writers about how stupid Larpers are. Plenty of cases of firefighters swiping stuff "oh it burned up in the fire, insurance will cover it" as their justification. The far-fetched part is not recognizing the outfit, but again, stupid Larper.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So far,

5/10

I had a few questions.

1. Why did the bell tower collapse?
2. Why is the watch important? Was it important?
3. Why did the dog care about the watch?
4. Where did the watch go?
5. Why does Kate Bishop suddenly care about this dog?
6. Why does the dog care about her?

The play was funny. I could actually envision something like that happening. The LARP carried the premise too far. I get that there would be some silliness associated with the Avengers but it did not have to be shown twice.

It feels like they had a descent script for a 2 hour movie and decided to make it 5-6 hours.

The question that helps put the show in perspective. Would this show be worth watching if the Avenger association was not part of it? So far no. The show is barely worth watching with the association.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
That play reminded me if Book of Mormon turned into a super heroes play. Shit had me laughing my ass off.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
The play thing was Hawkeye hating how people romance the trauma he lived through. It's all "Oh that's so cool" "Oh you're a hero" "Oh these guys are awesome" and in his mind it was war. Combat. Dead people. But it's a Disney Musical about how handsome and strong they are and not about the millions of people who died.

The watch is probably from Tony Stark. Most likely the watch he was wearing in Civil War with Nanobots that could give him at least a partial suit on-demand. Very, very possible it all ties in to Armor Wars with Justin Hammer or whoever replaces him hiring these low rent thugs to steal tech for him to make competitive products now that Stark is dead. But the average person shouldn't know any of this yet.

Pizza Dog is Pizza Dog. Why does he know about the watch? Where is he from? Maybe it's just episode 2 of a series and you can keep watching to answer all these questions they literally put in to keep you watching?

Clock tower thing was whatever, but if you've ever rung a bell like that you know you just gently pull once, not back and forth constantly. I felt like it was implied that it was more of a clock tower at that point than a bell tower and the bell wasn't used anymore which was part of the point of the dare. Who knows. Being hung up on that in a TV show about Super Heroes is very ???? though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
the point of the clock tower was to show she's a good shot with a bow, jesus

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Juvarisx

Florida
The play thing was Hawkeye hating how people romance the trauma he lived through. It's all "Oh that's so cool" "Oh you're a hero" "Oh these guys are awesome" and in his mind it was war. Combat. Dead people. But it's a Disney Musical about how handsome and strong they are and not about the millions of people who died.

The watch is probably from Tony Stark. Most likely the watch he was wearing in Civil War with Nanobots that could give him at least a partial suit on-demand. Very, very possible it all ties in to Armor Wars with Justin Hammer or whoever replaces him hiring these low rent thugs to steal tech for him to make competitive products now that Stark is dead. But the average person shouldn't know any of this yet.

Pizza Dog is Pizza Dog. Why does he know about the watch? Where is he from? Maybe it's just episode 2 of a series and you can keep watching to answer all these questions they literally put in to keep you watching?

Clock tower thing was whatever, but if you've ever rung a bell like that you know you just gently pull once, not back and forth constantly. I felt like it was implied that it was more of a clock tower at that point than a bell tower and the bell wasn't used anymore which was part of the point of the dare. Who knows. Being hung up on that in a TV show about Super Heroes is very ???? though.
It's 100% the watch from civil war. If you think about it the Ronin Suit / Sword would have been at the Avengers compound too when it was blown up by Thanos. Since the Avengers were / are (?) under the Sokovia Accords I assume the UN was responsible for the cleanup / rebuild so these items being in the black market is likely the same as what the Vulture was doing more or less. Will be interesting to see what else was taken since the Track Suit Mafia and Echo seem to knew the watch would be there so they have leads on other Avengers / Guardians tech as well.

Fun side note, Cap never said "I could do this all day" in the OG Avengers either, so the writers in the play were just rewriting history including adding Ant Man. Its funny that he is so popular now after being pretty much unknown in Endgame at the restaurant with Hulk and the kids.

Last edited:

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
ugh... i'm not defending the show because i'm not confident that we won't all hate it in a few weeks... but here we go!

i was under the impression that the school doesn't use the bell anymore. that's pretty common, the price in upkeep can be pretty high. so she put it upon herself to ring the bell. but when she did, the mechanism holding it all up (old wood most likely) just failed.

ant-man was supposed to have been in first avenger's movie but marvel and edgar wright couldn't agree on anything and it delayed ant-man coming out until after the avengers. this is just a little easter egg/nod to that
i don't remember this scene well. or at all.
when was this? it also seems a little nitpicky but sure.
because lucky is awesome, that's why.
same answer.
dog stash?
asked and answered
erm. no. the guy who stole the ronin suit was either a fireman or a cop. he finds the sticker on the fire truck and thinks, hm... did one of those idiots steal it so they can play pretend? so he looks up the sticker name on youtube and finds the video of the dude in the suit.
there are some questionable character decisions, i'll agree with you on that. NO reason that either he or kate couldn't grab the ronin suit when the fire started.

spronk

FPS noob
some of you are pedantic fucks lol

decent first 2 episodes, i'm not sure the vibe its riffing on, I guess its Hallmark Christmas movies with a side of network spy-action shows. Its pretty damn goofy at times. I don't really like any of the characters honestly but it makes sense Kate Bishop is a fuckwit teenage girl who thinks she knows everything and fucks up constantly, that is 99% of teenagers. The show definitely feels like its missing a character, the competent and quiet person who gets shit done and is 2 steps ahead of everyone else. Hawkeye has a strong old man Logan vibe, just wanting to be done with all this shit and yet keeps getting dragged into relics from his past.

I can already tell its not really gonna be a favorite MCU show of mine but if they can pull off a decent story, have a Die Hard vibe going, and redeem Kate Bishop i'll be happy.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Could be a George Foreman situation, where fuckers couldn't settle for only having one Armand in a generation.

Good show so far, I'm liking it.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I'm not gonna lie, I have zero interest in this from a superhero/MCU angle, but I would eat the corn straight out of Hailee Steinfeld's turdcutter, so I'm gonna watch.

Damn, I saw the trailer and thought this was the tranny who plays dreamer on supergirl. Nicole maines. That's a horribly unflattering costume.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, so every Wednesday a new episode will go up. 6 episodes total, so December 22nd is the final. Neat.