HDTVs

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Donors Crew>
10d 21h 46m
Reactions
7,251 1,972 0 0
$2100 on ebay....hmmm. Just about my price barrier. Anyone with first hand experience? Definitely appreciated the feedback I received when I replaced my audio receiver, the Yamaha I picked up is fucking amazing.

Crone

Trakanon Raider
6d 16h 48m
Reactions
529 54 0 0
$2100 on ebay....hmmm. Just about my price barrier. Anyone with first hand experience? Definitely appreciated the feedback I received when I replaced my audio receiver, the Yamaha I picked up is fucking amazing.
I think the C is for curved, B is flat. So the C8 would be the latest curved screen. I've got the C6 I believe. Picked it up on a sweet deal last year on Open Box from Fry's Electronics and I'm not disappointed. Shit's amazing. I too want a bigger screen because my viewing distance is massive in the new house, but don't have the budget to shell out $2k for a TV. :(

Would love to get a 75" for the living room and move the LG OLED to the bedroom where I currently have no TV.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
<Donors Crew>
3d 18h 5m
Reactions
207 3 0 0
The LG C8 is a flat screen and is absolutely gorgeous. One of the nice things about the LG OLED line is that even as early as the B6, they've used basically the same internal hardware with improvements through each model year. LG C8 Review (OLED55C8, OLED65C8, OLED77C8) - RTINGS.com

DickTrickle

Analrapist
<Donors Crew>
13d 21h 19m
Reactions
3,665 540 0 0
Starting looking into getting a new TV and went to a store to view some (haven't done so in at least five years so). I saw an OLED screen in store (LG brand) and I actually came away not being impressed. Does anyone else have this reaction? Like it feels too saturated? I don't think it was the calibration because another OLED from Samsung had the same effect.

Am I super in the minority on this and am just not getting how awesome they are or is there a chance these two screens were misconfigured?

Ossoi

Vyemm Raider
6d 3h 27m
Reactions
2,332 878 0 0
Starting looking into getting a new TV and went to a store to view some (haven't done so in at least five years so). I saw an OLED screen in store (LG brand) and I actually came away not being impressed. Does anyone else have this reaction? Like it feels too saturated? I don't think it was the calibration because another OLED from Samsung had the same effect.

Am I super in the minority on this and am just not getting how awesome they are or is there a chance these two screens were misconfigured?
Samsung don't do OLED, they have QLED which isn't the same technology at all.

Judging from how the sets are calibrated in store isn't really a good idea.

Saturation isn't really something people complain about with OLED. The scenes where OLED struggle are "near black" scenes, hence why AVforum and AVSforums go mental for "slides" at differing levels of grey everytime a new set is released - they want to see if LG have improved near black performance

Springbok

I'm rich, biaaaaatch
<Donors Crew>
10d 2h 59m
Reactions
1,736 259 0 0
I’ve got a 2016 oled in living room, but needed to upgrade bedroom tv. Bought a 55” Sony x930e from Best Buy for $1100 yesterday.... what an awesome tv. Not quite as good as the B6, but definitely brighter and better hdr. Gonna hole up in here in a few weeks and blast through red dead while wife and kid watch peppa pig....

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Donors Crew>
10d 21h 46m
Reactions
7,251 1,972 0 0
I think the C is for curved, B is flat. So the C8 would be the latest curved screen. I've got the C6 I believe. Picked it up on a sweet deal last year on Open Box from Fry's Electronics and I'm not disappointed. Shit's amazing. I too want a bigger screen because my viewing distance is massive in the new house, but don't have the budget to shell out $2k for a TV. :(

Would love to get a 75" for the living room and move the LG OLED to the bedroom where I currently have no TV.
The C8 is not curved. Looks like the B8 has a slightly thicker border (10mm), and is a slightly thicker display (mm difference). The C8 also has the previous gen processor, but wasn't noticeably different, apparently. C8 is better on 99% of tests, but microscopically so. If I can find the C8 from a reliable source for $2-2100 with PayPal as an option, it'll be a go for an early Christmas.

TV Side-by-Side Comparison Tool - RTINGS.com

c8-thickness-small.jpg

mcdj22

Lord Nagafen Raider
7d 21h 23m
Reactions
718 262 0 0