HDTVs

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
The LG UK6190 is a crap panel, and everything I've seen with quick Google searches is showing bad color presentation, blacks appear grey, image response is poor for gaming, bad text clarity when used as a monitor - so just a poor TV all around.

There's a reason the C8 is $7000. However, I saw an 82" Samsung NU8000 QLED for $2600, which has solid stats all around, only draw back was washed out colors when viewed from an extreme angle, which isn't really an issue, especially at 82".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick

Louis

Trakanon Raider
This is an old reply but Linus even said himself that TCL was weirdly great

After older posts in this thread, I bought a 43 inch TCL for my bedroom. It isn't the newest model but the one before and I like it much more than my much more expensive Sony in the living room. It is probably one of my favorite electronics type purchases ever for the value that I feel I'm getting out of it.

Last edited:

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Finally pulled the trigger on a 4K. I went with the Sony X900F but man, I really, really wanted to pull the trigger on that A9F it's just too much right now.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I picked up a 49" Sony x900f yesterday for my spare bedroom to convalesce in front of after my impending 4th knee surgery. It's pretty impressive for the price, and that's with just the settings from rtings. The Xbone X fits perfectly under it, too.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The speakers were pretty terrible so I bought a Bose Solo 5. The soundbar isn't a full 5.1 system by any stretch, but it sounds pretty damn good and it's a massive improvement over the stock speakers.

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Time to find out how good LG's warranty is. My TV developed a line down the middle, just off to the left. It's hardly visible, but in the right color, a rectangular section of the screen is slightly off, and there's a very distinct vertical line that is completely off. ...almost 3 months.

Tried to submit a repair request directly through LG, but received the following prompt. Which means I'm gonna have to call them.

20190204_012446.jpg

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Okay dudes, I am moving soon and have to give up my theater room so I'm looking for a 70 to 75 inch TV to put in my new upstairs room.

I really only care about how good the picture looks, but I don't know if I want to spend $3k or more on an OLED. Is there a good tech that is close to OLED but not quite as expensive or should I really just bite the bullet? This is not going to be a dedicated movie room, but I will have the ability to make it very dark and will most likely have 5.1 surround.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Once you go to OLED, you'll wonder why you didn't go to it sooner and there really isn't anything out there that comes close. My advice and I think the advice you'll see from others chime in: Bite the bullet.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Time to find out how good LG's warranty is. My TV developed a line down the middle, just off to the left. It's hardly visible, but in the right color, a rectangular section of the screen is slightly off, and there's a very distinct vertical line that is completely off. ...almost 3 months.

Tried to submit a repair request directly through LG, but received the following prompt. Which means I'm gonna have to call them.

View attachment 192652
20190204_124533.jpg

Apparently this is a "known issue" as it was one of the few things they had a programmed response on their support page. All suggestions tied down to resetting to factory, but I did that, and it didn't fix shit. Waiting on LG support to get back in touch with me...

20190204_124810.jpg

Siliconemelons

Random, but we re did our sitting room / living room 2 or whatever it is.

Wife wanted a TV...so...

BestBuy had a 50" 4k HDR LED backlit WebOs w/ fake surround LG 200$ off for 299$. Looks great and is a pretty as my 65" LG of the same stats only a year or two past - so it most likely is the same Tv as my big one just rebranded as a entry level.

the built in sound on this thing is actually damn nice and surprised both me and my wife, so much that she said "we dont need to buy a sound bar" - and for her not to want to spend random extra $$, wow.

Its amazing what you can get now days for "nothing"

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Okay dudes, I am moving soon and have to give up my theater room so I'm looking for a 70 to 75 inch TV to put in my new upstairs room.

I really only care about how good the picture looks, but I don't know if I want to spend $3k or more on an OLED. Is there a good tech that is close to OLED but not quite as expensive or should I really just bite the bullet? This is not going to be a dedicated movie room, but I will have the ability to make it very dark and will most likely have 5.1 surround.

Coworker showed me an 82” Samsung QN82 at WalMart for like $2,500.