HDTVs

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Alright, so here is my problem I hope you can help me solve.

Mom, who is virtually blind and deaf and can't admit it, wants a new 24 inch tv for her bedroom because she blew out the speakers on hers and she can't really hear it anymore. She's stubborn as fuck and doesn't want bigger "because it would take up too much space on my dresser"

Is there going to be literally anything that size that is actually decent, especially in that it has speakers that can get loud?

There are remote wireless speakers that she could have close to her bed.

Here's one

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I just bought a 55inch Samsung Qled TV on Amazon and just mounted it to my wall.

Holy shit is it an upgrade from my 720i Westinghouse I bought like 7 years ago.

I'm watching the 4k Netflix nature shows it's it's blowing my mind.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just bought a 55inch Samsung Qled TV on Amazon and just mounted it to my wall.

Holy shit is it an upgrade from my 720i Westinghouse I bought like 7 years ago.

I'm watching the 4k Netflix nature shows it's it's blowing my mind.
I can't remember what it's called now, but if you have Disney+ I think it's called Free Solo? or something like that. Pretty great 4k watch

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Randomly got a popup on my Samsung 55RU8000 "Kirsten's iphone is requesting a connection to this device PIN: XXXXXX". Denied it of course but my TV is not connected to a network at all so some random superbowl chick at a neighbors got enough of a bluetooth signal to trip that.

Apparently you have to access a hidden engineer menu (youtube has guides) "Mute+1+8+2+Power" to go to the Service menu and disable shit entirely. Normal menus won't block.

Last edited:

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Trying to decide on a TV, any input?

I've narrowed it to these two models for price and features (i want a roku enabled TV)

TCL 43S423

Hisense 43R7E

I'm not a huge audio guy, more focused on good picture quality, but I'll take any opinions under consideration.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Trying to decide on a TV, any input?

I've narrowed it to these two models for price and features (i want a roku enabled TV)

TCL 43S423

Hisense 43R7E

I'm not a huge audio guy, more focused on good picture quality, but I'll take any opinions under consideration.

I’m just guessing based on specs, but the Hisense might have better black level PQ with the fald vs direct on the TCL. If you can spend more, you’ll get a much better PQ those either of those.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
I’m just guessing based on specs, but the Hisense might have better black level PQ with the fald vs direct on the TCL. If you can spend more, you’ll get a much better PQ those either of those.

Can you give a model you would recommend? I want Roku enabled and it can't be significantly bigger than 43", maybe 50" tops. I'm also operating on a somewhat limited budget so I cant go too much higher in price.

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Can you give a model you would recommend? I want Roku enabled and it can't be significantly bigger than 43", maybe 50" tops. I'm also operating on a somewhat limited budget so I cant go too much higher in price.

If you can drop the Roku requirement, Vizio M Quantum 43. Why do you need roku so bad? You can always buy one separately.

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Unfortunately that M series is just out of range of what I can spend

Roku is convenient for all my streaming services

Wake Up Man
<Banned>
Unfortunately that M series is just out of range of what I can spend

Roku is convenient for all my streaming services

If you do Netflix I’d consider the TCL 43S517 for Dolby Vision support through the built in Roku.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Parents had an old LED start developing the solid pink lines so we looked at new TVs and for some reason the Samsung Q60T has a built in composite input. In the age of HDMI I found that a little weird but it appeals to the old farts who still want to hook in pre-HD hardware.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
QLED is a gimmick to try to cash in on OLED's name. Samsung will not have anything on the level of OLED until micr/mini led advances much further. When you see QLED, just translate it to LED

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger

Already purchased a TV?

If not, if check this one:
Only hang up is it is Android TV and not Roku.

If not, what is your budget?

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Already bought the Hisense 43R7E, I’m pretty happy with it.

I’ll prob get an upgrade sometime next year
I prob should have specified I didn’t need the TV long term.

thanks for suggestions though

• 1Like