Health Care Thread

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Do they ask about swimming pools? That's more dangerous and more relevant.
That's my point. Saying that doctors need to know what kind of gun you have in the home in case you shoot yourself is, well, retarded considering the things they don't ask that would be way more relevant. I mean, do they need to make sure they have the right size sutures on-hand for the bullet holes?

Swimming pools, stairs, what kind of car you drive, what your typical breakfast is - all make more sense. Therefore, one can only assume that knowing what kind of gun you have has nothing whatsoever to do with health.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well, one of the interesting things I remember them doing during the stimulus was making a rule that they actually had to pick the second lowest bid, rather than the lowest when an outside contractor is picked.

Maybe they should have gone that route with the ACA website?

I dunno. You'd think that's what they would have done. Obviously the lowest cost option is almost always going to be the worst.

Maybe I'm misreading the conversation, but if you're talking to a doctor who is reporting your information for insurance coverage, and you lie, does or does that not constitute insurance fraud, or at least give them justification to deny coverage later?
It might be second lowest - I just meant it as top of the line being ruled out by the law not forced to get the worst.

Vaclav

Guns have absolute health risks to anyone that interacts with them during their use (its rather the point, no?) all those other items are benign for most people in a lifetime of use. I'm still only the second in nearly 40 years of my family to have a stair related injury for example - and we're all using stairs dozens of times a day...

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
That's my point. Saying that doctors need to know what kind of gun you have in the home in case you shoot yourself is, well, retarded considering the things they don't ask that would be way more relevant.
I suppose it might be relevant information for a doctor to take into consideration when prescribing certain drugs known to increase suicidal thoughts as a side-effect.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
To the best of my knowledge, no one in my family has ever been shot, all the way back to the beginning of time (1776). Stairs sound pretty damned dangerous.

Vaclav

To the best of my knowledge, no one in my family has ever been shot, all the way back to the beginning of time (1776). Stairs sound pretty damned dangstats.
How many times were those guns used though? And I doubt with 1700s family they didn't get powder burns or other secondary forms of injury.

One incurs an injury at a much higher ratio than the 1 in a million or whatever for stairs injuries - even just self injury from a gun is around 1 in 10000 by some estimates. (From military stats my drill sergeant friend quotes (active when he quoted it a couple months ago))

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Let me be exactly clear about what health care reform means to you," Obama said at one rally in July 2009. "First of all, if you've got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you." ... President Obama

Millions of people are losing their health insurance, doctors and plans, in spite of Obama's promises. Costs are skyrocketing much more than they did before ObamaCare was passed. And the hits just keep on coming. The pretzel logic being used to defend this craptastic disaster is reaching hilarious proportions of idiocy.

But hey, the best and brightest are getting the best and brightest to fix their monumental fuckup..... EVERYTHING will be just fine.... trust me.

Vaclav

Average rate increase per year preACA was 10% a year - this years ACA hike is a 6% increase.

I love math.

And I have yet to hear of a single person having cover ate legitimately dropped - hour cuts happened a few places (like Walmart which was reversed) I have yet to hear of someone who had their old coverage axed versus trimmed hours and other tricks.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
"Let me be exactly clear about what health care reform means to you," Obama said at one rally in July 2009. "First of all, if you've got health insurance, you like your doctors, you like your plan, you can keep your doctor, you can keep your plan. Nobody is talking about taking that away from you." ... President Obama

Millionsof people are losing their health insurance, doctors and plans, in spite of Obama's promises. Costs are skyrocketing much more than they did before ObamaCare was passed. And the hits just keep on coming. The pretzel logic being used to defend this craptastic disaster is reaching hilarious proportions of idiocy.

But hey, the best and brightest are getting the best and brightest to fix their monumental fuckup..... EVERYTHING will be just fine.... trust me.
MILLIONS!!!!!!!!!

Algiz

N00b
So my pharmacy has a guest that gets vial of insulin for their cat every few months. Several months ago, that vial was $130ish. Then $150ish. Then $160ish. Then $180ish. Today, that vial was going to cost the guest $210ish before I ran it though a discount card, bringing it back down to $180ish.

Fucking Obama(care).Oh wait, cats don't have insurance.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Average rate increase per year preACA was 10% a year - this years ACA hike is a 6% increase.

I love math.

And I have yet to hear of a single person having cover ate legitimately dropped - hour cuts happened a few places (like Walmart which was reversed) I have yet to hear of someone who had their old coverage axed versus trimmed hours and other tricks.
You love to pull stats out of your ass from websites you use to blind yourself from reality.

My healthcare and my family's stayed very close to the same rate for over 20 years, the cost increases were minimal and we never complained or felt it.

It wasn't until ObamaCare was PASSED that the insurance companies felt they had cover to kill us with increases that hurt and caused us to adjust our budget. And now my gf is being force to find another doctor and plan.

I will never hear the end of that... I actually believed Obama's lies and now she is making me pay for it.

The truth is on the wall. It took me a while but it can't be credibly denied anymore, everything Obama promised about the ACA is a lie.

Vaclav

No your healthcare costs didn't unless your employer was masking the difference to you over the years.

Since 1993 the average policy went up over 120% according to the AMA (80% since 2002 is their absolute quote I'm sure on there being at least another 40% in the other 10 years) - so if you didn't feel it that's being blind to it for some reason.

I've dealt with setting up policies for basically that entire timeframe my HR career started in 95 and had policies across 4 states I've dealt with and every year I saw increases in the 6-12% range with few exceptions.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No your healthcare costs didn't unless your employer was masking the difference to you over the years.

Since 1993 the average policy went up over 120% according to the AMA (80% since 2002 is their absolute quote I'm sure on there being at least another 40% in the other 10 years) - so if you didn't feel it that's being blind to it for some reason.

I've dealt with setting up policies for basically that entire timeframe my HR career started in 95 and had policies across 4 states I've dealt with and every year I saw increases in the 6-12% range with few exceptions.
Hahah. It is truly funny to watch the rationalizations of people denying the tidal wave of disaster that killing everything in sight. You are a text book example of that and it is pretty obvious you will be that way for the rest of your life.

You have an excuse for every pain inflicted by Obama's lies and incompetence. Real leaders make life better for the rest, they don't point blame and rely on people like you to find excuses for their failures.

The economy still stinks, the ACA is worse than what we had before, and the world's leaders laugh at Obama. The only positive is presidential term limits. In hind sight I really wish Hillary had won the nomination all those years ago.

Hopefully, Hillary can fix Obama's moronic fuckups when she is Pres.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Hahah. It is truly funny to watch the rationalizations of people denying the tidal wave of disaster that killing everything in sight. You are a text book example of that and it is pretty obvious you will be that way for the rest of your life.

You have an excuse for every pain inflicted by Obama's lies and incompetence. Real leaders make life better for the rest, they don't point blame and rely on people like you to find excuses for their failures.

The economy still stinks, the ACA is worse than what we had before, and the world's leaders laugh at Obama. The only positive is presidential term limits. In hind sight I really wish Hillary had won the nomination all those years ago.

Hopefully, Hillary can fix Obama's moronic fuckups when she is Pres.
Perhaps you can find some help with a therapist for your issues.

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Obvious troll Grim1 spotted.

Grim1 please refine your shitty trolling elsewhere. Emulating General Antony's already boring trolling style is akin to eating his shit, then regurgitating it in hopes for attention.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
really.. that is the best you can do?

Refute my premise or don't bother to post. You can't though. The economy still stinks, the ACA sucks and Obama is laughed at. But we only have a couple more years of his incompetence to deal with.

Hillary is very likely to be the next Pres. Another Clinton term would be a great relief to us all. And she has balls.

Vaclav

I'm far from Obama's biggest fan but letting nonexistent flaws be conflated into something isn't sensible either.

W was only marginally worse, although unfairly maligned too - he was below average not terrible.

And I fully expect Hillary to be awful if she wins - she won't have my vote unless someone like Palin is the only other option.

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Grim1;422007 said:
really.. that is the best you can do?

Refute my premise or don't bother to post. You can't though. The economy still stinks, the ACA sucks and Obama is laughed at. But we only have a couple more years of his incompetence to deal with.

Hillary is very likely to be the next Pres. Another Clinton term would be a great relief to us all. And she has balls.[/

Uhh ok fella.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Hahah. It is truly funny to watch the rationalizations of people denyingthe tidal wave of disaster that killing everything in sight. You are a text book example of that and it is pretty obvious you will be that way for the rest of your life.
That is why no one takes you serious and disregard shit you say.

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm far from Obama's biggest fan but letting nonexistent flaws be conflated into something isn't sensible either.

W was only marginally worse, although unfairly maligned too - he was below average not terrible.

And I fully expect Hillary to be awful if she wins - she won't have my vote unless someone like Palin is the only other option.
Hillary is a known quantity, her past is too vast and recorded to hide. She isn't my ideal candidate, otherwise I wouldn't have been fooled by Obama during their nomination run. But we know what to expect from her. And Bill also, who obviously would also be a part of the administration like she was in his.

More importantly, she represents the lost center. I am so sick of the extremes on both sides of the isle that have fucked this country up. The only other choice for people in the center is Christie, but I have a hard time believing he will win against the Tea Party or Hillary.