Health Care Thread

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
That isn't a citation.

Neither are my issues caused or worsened by Obama. In fact, the ACA is slated to improve them by a bit, already documented in this thread. Thanks for your concern for "all of us." though.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Wut?

Life has always been hard not sure when that's been different.
rrr_img_47544.jpg

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
How many times were those guns used though? And I doubt with 1700s family they didn't get powder burns or other secondary forms of injury.

One incurs an injury at a much higher ratio than the 1 in a million or whatever for stairs injuries - even just self injury from a gun is around 1 in 10000 by some estimates. (From military stats my drill sergeant friend quotes (active when he quoted it a couple months ago))
Way off. I just held a seance and they told me never so much as a powder burn. They couldn't tell how many uses though, most of them said it would be easier to count the days they didn't use a gun.

Molten Core Raider
Just discovered we cannot contribute to our HSA unless we keep a plan with HSA benefits. Was considering dropping coverage and just putting the money in the HSA, but can't do that apparently. Sadly, we have one provider offering converage in our county through healthcare.gov and it is actually slightly (a few bucks) more expensive than the same plan directly through the company. Our household income is just high enough to not qualify for subsidies (that in itself doesnt break my heart). For the first time in 20 years I have to decide between no coverage, or paying an extra 500 dollars a month for coverage.
frown.png
, and that is a good chunk of our discretionary funds.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Hopefully, Hillary can fix Obama's moronic fuckups when she is Pres.
If she's evaluated through the lens of her past stance on health care reform, then I'm not so sure she'll prove to be your cup of tea. Her plan back in the 90's was even more of a strong-arming than Obamacare is. It included an individual mandate and required participation in regional alliances that had government mandated fee-for-service schedules, out of pocket limits, and minimum coverage standards. Low income individuals would have received coverage free of charge. It was her plan that turned "HMO" into a dirty word amongst Republicans. Their alternative (which Bob Dole ran on as his plan when he challenged Bill after his first term) looked an awful lot like what Obamacare does today.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Who actually considers an HSA insurance? Not me, that's for sure... Its something to help with insurance its pretty useless by itself.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Just discovered we cannot contribute to our HSA unless we keep a plan with HSA benefits. Was considering dropping coverage and just putting the money in the HSA, but can't do that apparently. Sadly, we have one provider offering converage in our county through healthcare.gov and it is actually slightly (a few bucks) more expensive than the same plan directly through the company. Our household income is just high enough to not qualify for subsidies (that in itself doesnt break my heart). For the first time in 20 years I have to decide between no coverage, or paying an extra 500 dollars a month for coverage.
frown.png
, and that is a good chunk of our discretionary funds.
Hope you like paying an extra 500/mo for LaShonda's health insurance.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Average rate increase per year preACA was 10% a year - this years ACA hike is a 6% increase.

I love math.

And I have yet to hear of a single person having cover ate legitimately dropped - hour cuts happened a few places (like Walmart which was reversed) I have yet to hear of someone who had their old coverage axed versus trimmed hours and other tricks.
I've been RRP'd for not citing shit and you come on here nearly every day throwing out statistics left and right with no fucking citation whatsoever. If you love math so much, then start using it. Jesus christ, start citing shit. Here, let me help:

Average rate increase per year preACA was 10% a year - this years ACA hike is a 6% increase.
National health care spending continues to grow at historically low rates this year -- but it will rise faster over the next decade as the economy recovers. The Office of the Actuary, an independent auditor within the federal health care agency, found that health care spending has been growing at a rate of less than 4 percent each year since 2009, ahead of Obamacare's expansion of health insurance coverage that begins in 2014. The growth level represents a sharp decline from the average rate of 6.9 percent from 2000 to 2009, and is far below double-digit growth in the early 1990s and early 2000s, the report illustrates.

But then there is this:

A big jump in national health care spending will occur next year, when the Obamacare coverage expansion begins. In 2014, health spending is estimated to rise by 6.1 percent, the highest rate since 2007. Health care spending will grow an average of 5.8 percent a year between 2012 and 2022, the actuaries project. By the end of that decade, annual health care spending will reach $2.4 trillion, or 19.9 percent of U.S. gross domestic product. Federal, state and local governments will be responsible for 49 percent of that spending, according to the report. And while the growth may be slower than in the past, health care spending is still projected to escalate at a rate 1 percentage point faster than the economy, the report says.
Health Care Spending Continues To Rise Slowly Ahead Of Obamacare Expansion: Report

So while it has slowed down, its expected to start increasing again.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Screenshotted>
Daily Currant is a satire site.

First time on the internet, fellas? Watch out for a website called "The Onion". It's a bad egg!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
On 'not citing' I'm quoting something cited in the politics thread at least a dozen times.

And no fucking shit during 2009-2011 when rates were fucking locked from the preACA legislation they were lower than the unlocked times. So uhm, yea, great posting Merlin... That's why 2002-2012 or 2002-2009 are used for proper comparison before regulation started.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
On 'not citing' I'm quoting something cited in the politics thread at least a dozen times.

And no fucking shit during 2009-2011 when rates were fucking locked from the preACA legislation they were lower than the unlocked times. So uhm, yea, great posting Merlin... That's why 2002-2012 or 2002-2009 are used for proper comparison before regulation started.
"It was cited before in another thread"is fucking weak. If your making an argument that relies on statistics, then fucking show us where you are getting the numbers from. Its a fucking simple concept.