Health Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Tramadol never seemed to do anything for me and I don't see how you could become addicted to it. Even the more hardcore opiates never seemed to really have a significant pain killing effect for me, they just knocked me the fuck out so pain didn't matter.

Dont quote me but I think it's supposed to be tramadol-->codeine-->hydrocodone-->percocet-->oxycodone->morphine-->delaudid(sp?)-->fentanyl

Morphine should be just above codeine. Rest of the list is fine.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Route of administration as well. We were talking dentists + outpatient procedures/pain management at home.

You're not banging morphine at home.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there anything to do for a sprained/broken first distal interphalangeal joint aside from splinting, assuming it’s non-displaced?

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Is there anything to do for a sprained/broken first distal interphalangeal joint aside from splinting, assuming it’s non-displaced?

I'll go with the assumption you're talking the DIJs of the hand.

You might try some exercises. Go slow, stop if you notice pain or any worsening of your baseline pain. Would also recommend talking with a PT or doc before attempting.

Otherwise, the only other option besides splinting is surgery. Both surgery and splinting have similar long-term outcomes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll go with the assumption you're talking the DIJs of the hand.

You might try some exercises. Go slow, stop if you notice pain or any worsening of your baseline pain. Would also recommend talking with a PT or doc before attempting.

Otherwise, the only other option besides splinting is surgery. Both surgery and splinting have similar long-term outcomes.

First knuckle of the pointer finger on my dominant hand. I refused to set up a tarp shelter, due to explicit warnings in the instructions, despite the insistence of my boss and his boss, and caught the damn thing wihth the aforementioned joint when it blew away. It’s pretty fucked up.

I suffered a very specific trauma to that joint.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This pain, one of them anyway started right after I had the infusion of corticosteroids several years ago. it gets worse and worse and now is double over in pain bad. Right side abdomen from just below belly button sweeping up and off to the side just above where the rib cage stops. I've had multiple test, including multiple sonagrams or whatever they call it.

I guess the best way to describe the location is if you put your right hand where the fingertips touch your belly button and then pull it back about 2" or such. It's gotten really worse the last few days. Isn't changed by if I just ate or not, just went to the bathroom or anything else.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Has anyone experienced a good amount of pain and visible red inflammation in their mouth at the outer side of a molar, at the high side of the root? The tooth itself doesn't hurt at all, but the gum around the root itself is incredibly sensitive and looks several shades of red darker than the rest of my mouth. I only just discovered it by touching it, and it only hurts with contact. But, I've been having some eye strain and a slight bit of a headache on that side of my face the last two days. There's nothing that has occurred that suggest an injury.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
No idea, but at a guess you'll want a round of antibiotics.

Sounds infected.

Could be, but I can't imagine why or how it would have gotten infected. It almost feels like the gum separated a bit from the bone and is moving around more than it should.

I have a dentist appoint in a few weeks anyway so I won't worry about it unless it gets worse.

iannis

Musty Nester
It'll probably work itself out within a week. For better or worse.

Without pics it's not really possible to tell. And don't post gnarly gum pics. A little bit of something could have lodged between the gum and the tooth, wormed its way into a crevice, played host to a entreprenurial colony, and triggered the inflammation that you're experiencing.

You could even get red pepper powder and dab it around the area. It shouldn't hurt. I mean as in pain. It won't do any harm. Anti inflammatory and random bacteria tend not to like capsasin.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, antibiotics aren't the worst plan for an abscess.

The odds of it doing any lasting damage are slim, you're healthy and not old, but dental abscesses are serious enough to pay attention to.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
This pain, one of them anyway started right after I had the infusion of corticosteroids several years ago. it gets worse and worse and now is double over in pain bad. Right side abdomen from just below belly button sweeping up and off to the side just above where the rib cage stops. I've had multiple test, including multiple sonagrams or whatever they call it.

I guess the best way to describe the location is if you put your right hand where the fingertips touch your belly button and then pull it back about 2" or such. It's gotten really worse the last few days. Isn't changed by if I just ate or not, just went to the bathroom or anything else.

Eh. You may just have gallstones. I'm assuming you meant you've had multiple ultrasounds, lol. What they need to be doing is a CT scan. Really tough to say though. How's your diet?

@Dom Get a course of antibiotics. You definitely don't want rheumatic fever and infective endocarditis.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I've had multipe of those ultrasounds I guess they are called. Nothing. The pain has been in the same spot now for 5.5 years and has been growing the last few weeks. I'm not sure if the spinal MRI would catch it or not. I've had multiple of those.

It moves back and forth in that area. It's not a pain of right here this is. This area and it moves around in that area about the size of 2 hands.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Maybe it's an alien?
giphy.gif

Well, it usually moves, no? I’m fairly sure there’s a talented young woman who bulge like this doing her thing too. Anyway, hard to say without clinical exam / US / CT. Could be cutan, like VZV (if so, get the vaccination for 50+ yo’s), organ related, or perhaps spinal collaps/peripheal nerve dysfunction of a sort. Who knows.