Health Problems

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The good news is that my CGM has me very uninterested in eating. The bad news is that this now means I have to watch my CGM more as I am losing weight and getting close to hypoglycemia. Down 6 pants sizes and from 50 units to 35 of levemir.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I have had my iron checked at various times. 2 months ago was well into the normal range. Test Monday put it off the scale low. I may have it retested again before doing something. I already take iron and vitamin C. I have an appointment at another hospital/clinic group and I'm sure they will retest it. I'm not sure they may do their test at the same place.

iannis

Musty Nester
I'd ask if you've been feeling anemic. But I expect the answer to that is "only on days that end in Y".

Borzak

I'd ask if you've been feeling anemic. But I expect the answer to that is "only on days that end in Y".

Yes but the symptoms are pretty far ranging and vague. My wife is not with me now. She's in Austin and I'm in MS going to some doctors I had in New Orleans to transfer the stuff over. I took my shirt off to take a shower. I look kinda like I have the chicken pox over my torso, small blood deals and some have real small bruises with them. I've had the chicken pox.

Borzak

I have tramadol in 25 and 50mg. I've been trying to space them out and take 2 of the 25mg over the course of a day, like 12 hours apart. It makes my vision incredibly blurry when I do that however. Still kind of blurry with the 50 but not as much, but the pain goes away or takes the edge off with just the 25.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Yes but the symptoms are pretty far ranging and vague. My wife is not with me now. She's in Austin and I'm in MS going to some doctors I had in New Orleans to transfer the stuff over. I took my shirt off to take a shower. I look kinda like I have the chicken pox over my torso, small blood deals and some have real small bruises with them. I've had the chicken pox.

Can you take a picture of that?

Borzak

I will try later, I'm in some pretty serious pain right now. Got an appointment Monday for a bone marrow test.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Old friend of mine died of a heart attack yesterday. Watch your weight, kids. Obesity kills. =(

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Been sick for a while now. Symptoms started after a colonoscopy so we spent a year+ chasing GI issues down. That seems to be under control now but turns out that cyst we'd been watching on my kidney is likely cancer. Can't biopsy it to be certain so have a partial nephrectomy next month. It is an interesting psychological experience going from "you have a cyst that could be cancer" to "Its 60-90% likely that cyst is cancer and we're cutting it out". My age range would represent 0.4% of the patients for this type of cancer according to Dr.

Dr. said its likely due to burn pit exposure I had in Iraq which is service connected for me already. Hope the problems stop at my lungs and kidney. Feels bad man

• 2Solidarity

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Been sick for a while now. Symptoms started after a colonoscopy so we spent a year+ chasing GI issues down. That seems to be under control now but turns out that cyst we'd been watching on my kidney is likely cancer. Can't biopsy it to be certain so have a partial nephrectomy next month. It is an interesting psychological experience going from "you have a cyst that could be cancer" to "Its 60-90% likely that cyst is cancer and we're cutting it out". My age range would represent 0.4% of the patients for this type of cancer according to Dr.

Dr. said its likely due to burn pit exposure I had in Iraq which is service connected for me already. Hope the problems stop at my lungs and kidney. Feels bad man

They say how much they need to remove? Should be a walk in the park if it's just a small amount.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
They say how much they need to remove? Should be a walk in the park if it's just a small amount.
The cyst is about the size of one of those big marbles and is located in a convenient spot so it should be fairly smooth they tell me.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
The cyst is about the size of one of those big marbles and is located in a convenient spot so it should be fairly smooth they tell me.

That's good. The liver has some regenerative properties which helps a lot with stuff like this provided only a certain amount is removed.

It can be a scary situation starting off, but you'll fly through it quicker than you think.

• 1Like

Borzak

Borzak Borzak

Been a while since you posted, how's things?

I'm alive. I think I got the flu or something for a while. I never got a fever though. I felt so freaking bad. I'm not sure I've never had the flu that I am aware of. It felt like someone beat my arms and abdomen with a bat. Several times I thought about going to the ER it got that bad but I just didn't.

• 1Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Butt pellet clinic said I needed to donate blood to thin it out a bit. Did that yesterday. Found out I am AB-. Means I can take all - type blood, and I can probably make some extra cash selling plasma and platelets.

• 1Like

Borzak

I finally started on the adderall today. I've never been so sleepy in my life. I laid down for several hours and didn't move. I may lay back down again a little later.

It may be the best thing for I go days on end with no sleep. Not exactly as planned but whatever.

• 2Like

Borzak

I looked it up, it's a side effect for some people with ADHD, I don't think that would be me. Late in the day after the second one I got a little motivated. I still got super sleepy for about an hour after I took it then just really really calm sitting around on the phone, got out and walked around for 1/2 an hour which is not bad for me.

Edit - update first day. Not bad. The first pill I got so freaking sleepy I had to lay down and take a nap. Second pill I got sleepy for much shorter time. I did however get so calm. I have nothing to compare it to. I don't drink and never done drugs. I sat in my chair at the computer and messaged back and forth to someone for 4 hours and got up once to get a drink I think, and talked on the phone some. I felt like I was all there, just extremely calm. Oddly enough I did have more energy. Late in the day I went out of a 1/2 hour walk which is unusual as of late.

Guessing it will change over time as I continue to take it. I never felt jumpy or wired. Once the sleep part wore off it was possibly the best I've felt in a very long time.

I'm only taking 10mg twice a day. I didn't really try to do anything that took any brain power. I watched a few videos this morning and messaged a few people late at night. That was about it.

I had put it off for a long time expecting to be wrired non stop. I didn't get up and take the first one till close noon and 8pm for the second one.

Not related to Adderall. The numbness and tingling in my hands started getting less and less last week and now almost totally gone. The pain in them has gotten less in the same time frame. They almost feel odd now, just being normal. The entire time it felt like my skin was stretched too tight for my hands. 6 years. I had two transfusions as of late before the virus panic. My iron went up slightly, my red blood cell count was down when it was checked early last week. The hospital paid to have it tested locally at one of the walk in lab deals, just minutes away.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I have tramadol in 25 and 50mg. I've been trying to space them out and take 2 of the 25mg over the course of a day, like 12 hours apart. It makes my vision incredibly blurry when I do that however. Still kind of blurry with the 50 but not as much, but the pain goes away or takes the edge off with just the 25.

What other meds are you on? Tramadol is a prodrug that relies on a liver enzymes to activate it (can't remember if it's CYP2D6 or CYP3A4... It goes down both channels but I can't remember which leads to the desired O-desmethyl-Tramadol) and lots of other drugs block those enzymes. 3A4 is the same one grapefruit juice blocks, so yeah it's pretty easy to block.

And bro, so glad to see in your last post that you're feeling better. And I can relate hard to "normal" feeling pretty damn weird once we finally get back there.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Borzak, if you do have ADHD, you'll have paradoxical effect of the adderall. Same thing happened to me. I had to be put on an additional stimulant (Nuvigil) just to stay awake.