Health Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Well the bleeding stopped after a few days in hospital. I've had more tests but they still have no idea what caused it.

They are now doing another round of blood tests to see if my haemoglobin is steady now.
Yeah, at some point another tube showed down your throat/ass is just not worth it, just quietly hope it won't happens again. At best it was just some malformation that popped and therefore once the bleeding stops, you are done.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
Sorry if you have already seen this in another thread but I thought it was interesting and potentially beneficial enough to share again.
It is being reported as being utilized by care facilities here in St. Louis, MO USA with successful outcomes for people. Genetic Tests & Products | GeneSight

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i've been getting pains in my left flank again lately, where my retroperitoneal lymph node tumor was. i'm really worried that my cancer is coming back. if it is, it's probably my own fault... i've been eating like shit and not getting nearly enough exercise. idk what i'll do if i have to get more chemotherapy. been in and out of the hospital for two years already. might just put a bullet in my head if i get bad news. called the hospital to schedule an appointment to come in and get checked out, and they can't get me in until January 2nd. cat scan and blood work. going to be a long two weeks waiting.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hopefully you're ok, take it as a wake-up call.

While I don't have cancer, I've had complications from diabetes from not being compliant

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I hate being in pain all the time. It turns me into an asshole.

Started taking kratom for the pain tho, until I get to the doc's and can ask for some real pain meds.

Starting to wonder if it's the cancer or if it's something new, tho. A couple weird bruises have showed up on my torso (front left and back right) with no cause that I can recall, and they are growing instead of shrinking.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've been getting sharp pain every ~12 hours in my left shoulder localized in the back right below the 'ball' of my shoulder. First thought was hear attack obviously but that's not it, and it's been going on for a week. It sort of takes my breath away and if it didn't last for only a few seconds I'd say the pain was 10/10. Didn't pull anything. I'll try to get to the doctor but any ideas?

It's a deep pain that I can't really describe

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I've been getting sharp pain every ~12 hours in my left shoulder localized in the back right below the 'ball' of my shoulder. First thought was hear attack obviously but that's not it, and it's been going on for a week. It sort of takes my breath away and if it didn't last for only a few seconds I'd say the pain was 10/10. Didn't pull anything. I'll try to get to the doctor but any ideas?

It's a deep pain that I can't really describe

I had a similar pain in my right shoulder pretty much at the tip of my shoulder blade (scapula). It could range from extreme pain to a maddening itch, and I spent quite some time trying to track it down.. Basically pain in your shoulder blade can be anything from lung cancer to a pinched nerve in your neck (the latter being my case thank God). Do deep breaths or moving your neck impact the pain levels?

Volto!

Lord Nagafen Raider
Noodleface Noodleface without really knowing anything it sounds like maybe a nerve issue relating to your neck. Do you experience any numbness or tingling in your hands/fingers?

Oldbased

> Than U
I honest to god had this thing happen last year where I could simply touch a spot on my lower neck, about where the blood flow highway was and it would SHOOT a stabbing pain all the way down my chest to my waist. I told 3 doctors of it and it lasted a week. They all just looked at me like I was nuts. No touch-fine/normal. Touch-ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Registering a 9.1 on the richter pain scale. Went away, never came back. I to this day don't know if I had a very fucked up nerve in that one spot, a partial blockage or what the fuck was going on.

ALL OF THAT SAID. They want to split my nerves/burn them away to numb them due to the constant feeling my feet are on FIRE. Nerves are a fucked up thing man, but from what I know, nerves are pretty constant. Yes they are constantly growing and shit and some things can and will go away, but if the underlying cause is there it will continue on until treated, druged out, burned away or whatever in the hell they do now.
Now, I have seen and read articles where golfers die of heart attacks because of a pain exactly like you state. It goes untreated because in their case they assume it is muscle or nerve pain. I don't know what sort of insurance you have or out of pocket cost but if this has been going on awhile I would probably at least see a heart doctor on it and not a general. From there they may want to do an ultrasound to get a good idea of function and what is going on. If they suspect lung issues, throw in a contrast MRI as well.

Do you take any heart medications at all right now?
I take 6 for my heart with the 2 just added yesterday. I was diagnosed at 42, my father was diagnosed at 45 and my brother fell over dead at 41. So I am probably a bit paranoid on this shit, but being wrong will literally kill you.

Adding before someone says people get aches and pains all the time. When you throw in his statement about taking his breath away, as far as I know 2 things are happening. The pain is sudden and severe enough to freak out his lungs, or something is wrong between the heart and lungs. I've had both. Once when I broke some ribs and another time I had a respiratory infection both which caused sudden sharp pains preventing breathing for a second and the awesome time they found a clot fractured into 13 little clots in my lungs. *I* can tell the difference but I cannot explain that difference. It's one thing to have pains and nerves jabbing you in the virtual face, another when it stunts breathing for a moment.

Last edited:

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Oldbased Oldbased provides some top quality descriptions. I had a waking early morning cardiac event in my early 30's (fortunately without damage). The only way I was able to decide whether it was a stroke, clot, or just a plain old cardiac event was from his description I read here years later. I was then able to 100% match everything literally word for word with the traumatic memory I had. Even though I had woken up to it, and should have been too groggy, you never forget anything about something like that. His description of the body symptoms (especially stuff people don't typically mention, like about hearing) fit everything to a tee. They kept trying to tell me it was a clot from intracranial pressure because they really zero'd in on the hearing/vision/head thing and ignored the heart/body symptoms which I thought was ignorant (but then I realized they were going differential on the body symptoms because no damage). I was almost convinced it was a lil mini stroke afterall until I read Olebass's full description of his heart event a ways back. As silly as it sounds-- it gave me some closure on an "open case".

Last edited:

Oldbased

> Than U
In case anyone wonders what they test for in piss tests for doctor treatment these days

Codeine Not Detected ng/mL Range: <100 = Normal
Hydrocodone 995 *DETECTED* ng/mL Range: <25 = Abnormal
Hydromorphone 400 *DETECTED* ng/mL Range: <25 = Abnormal
Morphine Not Detected ng/mL Range: <100 = Normal
Amphetamine Negative ng/mL Normal
Barbiturates Negative ng/mL Normal
Benzodiazepines Negative ng/mL Normal
Buprenorphine Negative ng/mL Normal
Cannabinoid Negative ng/mL Normal
Cocaine Negative ng/mL Normal
Ecstasy Negative ng/mL Normal
Ethyl Glucuronide Negative ng/mL Normal
Fentanyl Negative ng/mL Normal
Methadone Negative ng/mL Normal
Opiates POSITIVE ng/mL Abnormal
Oxycodone Negative ng/mL Normal
PCP Negative ng/mL Normal
Tramadol Negative ng/mL Normal

Oldbased

> Than U
Oldbased Oldbased provides some top quality descriptions. I had a waking early morning cardiac event in my early 30's (fortunately without damage). The only way I was able to decide whether it was a stroke, clot, or just a plain old cardiac event was from his description I read here years later. I was then able to 100% match everything literally word for word with the traumatic memory I had. Even though I had woken up to it, and should have been too groggy, you never forget anything about something like that. His description of the body symptoms (especially stuff people don't typically mention, like about hearing) fit everything to a tee. They kept trying to tell me it was a clot from intracranial pressure because they really zero'd in on the hearing/vision/head thing and ignored the heart/body symptoms which I thought was ignorant (but then I realized they were going differential on the body symptoms because no damage). I was almost convinced it was a lil mini stroke afterall until I read Olebass's full description of his heart event a ways back. As silly as it sounds-- it gave me some closure on an "open case".
The real problem is the heart works with so many different things that clots in the lungs will feel different than a blocked artery or just the heart being sick of this shit job and going off on a spasm or any of the other dozens of ways to have a heart attack. A portion of heart attack/stroke people don't have ANY signs or symptoms and just just fall dead mid sentence talking like my brother did. Talk about a mortality wake up call.

It comes and goes too. I went 3 months with almost no swelling in my legs at the end of last year and sure enough, between going back and working and Thanksgiving and Christmas ( sodiuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum ) it's back to painful swelling again. I feel like the rope in a tug of war between a strong willing man and the grim reaper. Always tugging one side or the other but that country song rings very true. I'm not as good as I once was but I am as good once as I ever was. I just pay for it for weeks after( applying to most activities ).
A stroke that doesn't kill you our right is probably easier to self diagnose than heart. You'll lost function usually in the face or a side of the body. Things you say ( or type! ) will make no sense. Slurring of words in extreme and many other obvious ones. I had a great uncle who had a stroke recently die 23 years after he suffered it. The only word he could say that was understandable was FUCK. Everything else was jibberish but in his mind he was saying it 100% correctly. Crazy stuff.
I don't care if you are 15 or 95. The next minute could be your last. Remember that but don't let it slow you down.

Omi43221

Trakanon Raider
I received a blood presure monitor for Christmas because my blood pressure is running high. I'm absolutely certain now my blood pressure drops at least 10 points after I fap. If I have to go on heart pressure medication or constantly fap there is a clear winner there.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i've been getting pains in my left flank again lately, where my retroperitoneal lymph node tumor was. i'm really worried that my cancer is coming back. if it is, it's probably my own fault... i've been eating like shit and not getting nearly enough exercise. idk what i'll do if i have to get more chemotherapy. been in and out of the hospital for two years already. might just put a bullet in my head if i get bad news. called the hospital to schedule an appointment to come in and get checked out, and they can't get me in until January 2nd. cat scan and blood work. going to be a long two weeks waiting.

finally had my tests done on tuesday, results were supposed to take two days. no phone call from my doctor today, so i called them and left a message. no call back.

and even more frustrating, when i was there on tuesday, i asked the nurse if the doctor would write a prescription for Norco for me. doctor was out of the country on vacation and was going to be back the next day (wednesday/yesterday). nurse said she'd talk to the doctor and call me yesterday.... and yeah, no call yesterday or today.

i'm just a big fucking ball of anxiety right now, ugh. between the anxiety and the pain i know i'm being an asshole to people but it's hard not to. so tired of this shit.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
finally got a call back from my doctor about my test results from tuesday. all of my old spots where my tumors were look clear, but there's a spot on my adrenal gland that she can't explain. she says it would be basically unheard of for my type of cancer to spread to the adrenal gland, but she wants me to come in for a biopsy to check it out. she has no explanation for why i've been having so much pain in my left flank, tho -- the adrenal gland is in the wrong spot to cause that, and the spot is small enough that it shouldn't cause any pain.

i definitely feel a little relieved, but wish i had gotten more answers.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Apparently the Midwest gives me hives. I break out in Hugh splotches, and these splotches move around, fuck. Currently I'm on claritin, 28 hours a day, some days even with that I'll get a rare breakout. I knew I had problems when I woke up with bloody hands, and made sure I didn't kill my wife in my sleep, only to find out I must been scratching my legs and butt raw.

I've lived east coast, so it's not like I don't know cold, dermatologist said hives just appear for no reason, mine seem to be cold activated.

I can't complain if I'm always just drugged up, very thing could be far worse.