Health Problems

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I need to get that shit for my basement permanently. Got a link to a good one ?
i've used duck brand in all the apts and the house i'm in now, one time i used the 3m and it didn't stick right, so just always duck
Duck Brand Indoor 5-Window Shrink Film Insulator Kit, 62-Inch x 210-Inch, 281504 you can choose different sizes and whatever, it's actually a $1 a window, i was quoting the large window/patio b/4 (cuz my basement window is like as huge as a patio sliding door window, heh)

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Got sick Wednesday, took two days off. Felt like just a cold. Tonight I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection. Just getting worse and worse. Might need to go to the doctor tomorrow it I'm not feeling better. No idea what hell my children have wrought upon me

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got sick Wednesday, took two days off. Felt like just a cold. Tonight I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection. Just getting worse and worse. Might need to go to the doctor tomorrow it I'm not feeling better. No idea what hell my children have wrought upon me

Sinus infection symptoms are usually pretty distinct and easy to tell apart from a cold. Unless you had a cold and then developed a sinus infection.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
There are some hardcore rhinoviruses around right now.

Going to a doctor for a rhinovirus is pretty dubious. On the other hand, if its a bacterial infection you obviously want to address it with antibiotics.

The doctor is likely going to dispense antibiotics regardless of symptoms. Its your call. I do know at least 1 person who got a legit sinus infection after recovering from a rhinovirus this year. It got pretty advanced pretty quickly and the doctor was surprised.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Its always AIDS. I went through a phase a few years ago where I did 3 oral tests and 1 blood test just to make sure I didn't have HIV. Laughable in hindsight but at the time the symptoms were all aligning-- or so I thought.

iannis

Musty Nester
I think most of us get fucking AIDS paranoid from time to time. That shit was synonymous with a quick gruesome death when we were younger and that's a hard bias to completely rid yourself of.

Wrath

Molten Core Raider
what color is your snot? don't they say yellow snot is infection?
kinda but not really reliable predictor, rusty-brown is more common in infections and heart failure and yellow-green are more viral but I've seen plenty go either way

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I had my blood spattered in a coworker's mouth cause we were teaching a medical student how to insert an IV -- I was the test subject. Dumb coworker cleaned the port and blood went everywhere. She made me get tested even though I had been tested a week prior (even though I AM a slut, but STILL) and I told her it is statistically impossible getting it orally, lol.

Those oral rapid HIV swabs are dumb as shit, tho.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Shouldn't she be making herself get tested? What difference does it make if you get tested? Unless she thinks she probably has some shit and wants to rule you out.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's just kinda dumb all around.

I would have been satisifed with "you don't have aids or hep do you?" "Nope".

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I had my blood spattered in a coworker's mouth cause we were teaching a medical student how to insert an IV -- I was the test subject. Dumb coworker cleaned the port and blood went everywhere. She made me get tested even though I had been tested a week prior (even though I AM a slut, but STILL) and I told her it is statistically impossible getting it orally, lol.

Those oral rapid HIV swabs are dumb as shit, tho.
There's a dated gay aids joke here somewhere but I DONT want to be the one to make it

Oh fuck

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I tore

Stupid fucking bike accident. It pisses me off pretty badly how it's turned out to be such as mess - I've been in like a dozen wrecks, several with cars, and it's all just been like meatbody damage that didn't matter. This time though I managed to rack myself so badly on the handlebars/crossbar area I tore my urethra and was pissing blood everywhere.

The catheter is to bypass all the damaged area so it's not internally leaking piss in to my flesh, and hopefully the tube itself will keep scar tissue from constricting too badly once it is healed.

#1 rule after working in hospitals is "never get on a fucking motorcycle." Like another poster said, morning wood is a natural part of REM sleep and not avoidable. I would think though that having issues with a foley must be avoidable because otherwise we'd hear about it a lot more often.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I always wish I had a motorcycle to get through traffic. But, then you see the traumas that roll in and a lot of them are motorcycles. Traumatic spinal injuries and brain injuries just scare me too much.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
I always wish I had a motorcycle to get through traffic. But, then you see the traumas that roll in and a lot of them are motorcycles. Traumatic spinal injuries and brain injuries just scare me too much.

My stepdad is a neurosurgeon and he calls them organ donors in motion. He's happy that there's no helmet laws in Texas so he doesn't have to waste hours operating, only for them to be a vegetable or severely disabled. With no helmet, you just move directly onto organ harvesting.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user