Health Problems

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
EDIT: I've never seen blackheads that large. A blackhead for me is nothing more than a clogged pore that's dirty. Those look to be at least a cm wide.

Google "dilated pore of winer". It's just dead skin cells and oil that have blown the pore open.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
The edges are rounded. That shi t is gross, but probably just that.

Skin cancers s or moles will have jaggy edges. Unregulated growth is a definitional aspect of cancer, it results in uneven boundaries. You can see some of what that looks like in the pic synj posted a page or three back.

You've got inflammation in there, and you can actually see where the lymph is attempting to drain it. Or maybe veins, but that smear of black. It'll probably take more than squeezing. It'll take poking.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Those pictures look like nothing cancerous. So, quit freaking the guy out. Regardless, he should still get them checked out, anyways.

edit:

Saw this on my hubby's back and very suspicious of a melanoma. You can see where the dark part of the mole connects to a lighter color. Made him go to a dermatologist and they did a 8mm punch biopsy. Yowza.
2lq0yu.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Fortunately when I went for a keloid scar mole, a mole that I ripped off as a kid that didn't heal properly that eventually caused eczema and red itchy aura as an adult when tension is put on it-- my dermatologist had 35 years of experience he said and he would NOT be doing a punch biopsy despite the fact that it used to be a mole and was now a red lump with an aura. Diagnosed me with eczema / borderline psoriatic condition of some kind.

The other African-American(woman) dermatologist I saw prescribed antihistamines and demanded a punch biopsy be scheduled to determine what it is. I balked. She on the younger side as far as years of practice and you could tell by talking to her that she was still in the learning phase. She couldn't quite "call the shots" down the line like this other Derm.

The Israeli Jew Derm with 35+ years in specialty didn't prescribe antihistamines or even mention a future biopsy. He checked 3-4 things examined my history and scalp, asked some specific questions, then prescribed a corticosteroid which brought it back to its original size and cleared the aura. He balked at cancer from the start.

Sometimes a second opinion is the right call.

Last edited:

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Think about the people with dysphagia that require medications every 4-8 hours. Have to crush it and put it in applesauce or some thickener. You think it sucks for you? Try the people actually administering the medications. :|

High score: 42 pills simultaneously on an individual with honey-thick restrictions.

Narrator: "And this is why sleevedraw no longer works in a clinical capacity."

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
42 pills requiring honey thick restrictions? OK. Lets put either a GTube in or a NGTube in. ;-)

Had a patient come in yesterday with chief complaint of "growth on penis". I was thinking to myself, "Are you kidding me?" then I see that this guy is in his 90s. Glove up, retract his foreskin, and the largest fucking growth pops up after I retract all of the foreskin. I asked the caregiver and the patient, "When did you first notice this?" - a week ago. I ask the patient, "Do you ever retract your foreskin to clean?" and he's like no.

smh

Show it to the doc and she's like, uh yeah, that looks like a squamous cell carcinoma which has likely been there for over a year.

PEOPLE WITH FORESKIN. PLEASE CLEAN THAT SHIT.

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
As an uncut dude, I don't know how the fuck you could possibly piss your entire life without learning to pull it back which would inevitably lead to knowing to clean it.

Also, fuck NGtubes. Stomach contents not progressing after your surgery? Here, let's shove this incredibly uncomfortable tube down your nose with every fibre of your being wanting to reject it only for it to then cause you to vomit a bucket of nasty fluid through your nose after it's in, and then you get the joys of having it stay in there for several more days!

• 1WTF

Captain Suave

As an uncut dude, I don't know how the fuck you could possibly piss your entire life without learning to pull it back which would inevitably lead to knowing to clean it.

For real. It's fucking impossible to piss in a straight line otherwise.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll pass but you can PM it to sadris sadris for evaluation. I don't believe there should still be a "little" left, or not an amount that you can actually clean under.
I mean it's just a small amount that hangs on just over the beginning of the head. It's really very small and I just pull back and clean that. I would guess that most dudes don't but I'm anal about being dirty

Captain Suave

I would have opted to be cut

Can always do it now.

I'm the opposite. Never thought twice about it and glad my parents didn't. All that shit about circumcision increasing disease resistance is very misleading. It may be true, but is only relevant in a context where people aren't having safe sex in the first place.

I didn't surgically alter my daughter's junk and I'm not doing it to my son's either.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Can always do it now.

I'm the opposite. Never thought twice about it and glad my parents didn't. All that shit about circumcision increasing disease resistance is very misleading. It may be true, but is only relevant in a context where people aren't having safe sex in the first place.

I didn't surgically alter my daughter's junk and I'm not doing it to my son's either.

Not worth paying for the elective. Either financially or physically (pain/adjustments)

Really, it's just a bunch of small annoyances that pile up and make me wish it had just been done. But, it's also not to the point where it's a big deal.

If I had a son I'd have them do it.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I didn't get cut and my parents were on me to pull it back to pee and clean so I never had any issues.

My cousin had to get cut when he was like 12 though because his parents apparently did not get on him and I guess the foreskin had like fused to the head and got infected.

• 1WTF