Health Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Started back on the adderall. I did 5mg. Still kind of sleepy but not as bad. Of course I only got 5 hours of sleep last night and I was laying in the sun probably had a large impact on it.

Either commit to it or don't, don't go on and off it.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I only took one day when I started. I'm going back on it I had to get my days and nights turned around first. No use taking it all night. Now at least I take it in the actual morning instead of 10pm when I was getting up.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Intermittent fasting has lowered my heart rate significantly. Not sure the science of it

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Someone I know tried to buy an oximeter recently. I guess people are stocking up due to the virus. Sold out and massive price increase for even cheap ones.

Oh this might go in the depression thread. Dare I say I got up and felt almost "happy" today for the first time in a very long time.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Huh oximeters are needed? I have one for high altitude hiking. It's be pretty strange if they can't get them.

Borzak

Apparently people are saying the first thing to go is you oxygen level crashes. This is for home use, people just buying them. I have no idea if that would actually help you any or prove anything. I have one, I use it for heart rate is all.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Working towards intermittent fasting and so far have been able to easily do only eating within a 10 hour window. I think I'll be able to get that down to 8 without much trouble.

It's doing wonders for controlling the number of meals I eat, and thus bathroom issues brought on by having most of my colon gone.

Edit: Meant to post in weight loss thread, but it works here too I guess
I’ve done this unintentionally for the last fifteen years or so, more out of laziness than anything, but after you do it for awhile you don’t even think about it— your body just adjust to the new normal. I‘ve never eaten breakfast, and a busy job kept me distracted to the point where I was just grabbing a meal bar at around 3pm, then I’d eat a big dinner at home around 7pm. Have pretty much kept that routine now for my entire working life, even on the weekends— I just don’t get hungry until around 3 or so.
Can’t say it’s had any positive outcome on my life or health though, but of course I don’t know what the alternative would feel like. I mean I’m not fat and have low blood pressure, but no clue if that related to my diet or not.

• 2Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Working towards intermittent fasting and so far have been able to easily do only eating within a 10 hour window. I think I'll be able to get that down to 8 without much trouble.

It's doing wonders for controlling the number of meals I eat, and thus bathroom issues brought on by having most of my colon gone.

Edit: Meant to post in weight loss thread, but it works here too I guess
I've been eating within a 6-8 hour window pretty consistently for the past 3-4 years. It honestly has gotten to the point for me that it is completely automatic. Its nice being able to comfortably go 24+ hours without eating. I did Keto for a long time too (don't recommend) so that helped a lot with controlling hunger. I don't how you are but for me it was really liberating getting some manner of control over my eating. I've never really been overweight but I'm for sure addicted to food and the extra control was welcome.

How has the loss of part of colon affected your life? That is something that is a maybe in my future so would be interested to hear.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I've been eating within a 6-8 hour window pretty consistently for the past 3-4 years. It honestly has gotten to the point for me that it is completely automatic. Its nice being able to comfortably go 24+ hours without eating. I did Keto for a long time too (don't recommend) so that helped a lot with controlling hunger. I don't how you are but for me it was really liberating getting some manner of control over my eating. I've never really been overweight but I'm for sure addicted to food and the extra control was welcome.

How has the loss of part of colon affected your life? That is something that is a maybe in my future so would be interested to hear.

For me, with about one to two fifths of my colon left and not having a bag, the primary issues are frequency and immediacy of bathrooms visits and a very fast digestive process. On bad days I have to shit up to 6-8 times, with average days being around 4-5. This is mostly problematic because the basic wear it has on the ass and resulting pain and discomfort. The first few months were hell and involved blood due to tears and the fun sensation of really acidic stool on those tears. It got better over time and with a lot of metamucil, and Loperamide tablets. I'm sure that adhering to only certain types of food would also help but I like eating too much and I'm willing to suffer somewhat. It only takes 4-6 hours from mouth to exit, so you learn what and when to expect. It hasn't really affected normal life stuff other than trying to be mindful of what I eat around periods where bathroom access might be an issue.

• 2Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Sometimes i'll go for 3-4 days eating very lightly. Barely anything at all. And still be poopin like normal.

More than a few times i've been sitting on the toilet genuinely wondering WHERE THE HELL it comes from.

Basically while most humans are 90% water i'm apparently abnormal and 45% poop.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
It started slowly but it’s becoming more of a issue as I progress into my mid 40s. Getting up more at night to pee. Weak stream , feels like it’s not all coming out, etc. reading tells me this is a old mans condition related to the prostate. Anyone dealing with this with some suggestions? I got some saw palmetto supplement to start taking. It’s really starting to effect my sleep and restfulness

Izo

Tranny Chaser
It started slowly but it’s becoming more of a issue as I progress into my mid 40s. Getting up more at night to pee. Weak stream , feels like it’s not all coming out, etc. reading tells me this is a old mans condition related to the prostate. Anyone dealing with this with some suggestions? I got some saw palmetto supplement to start taking. It’s really starting to effect my sleep and restfulness
Go see your GP. Get your prostate checked, possibly urologist referal. If it’s benign prostate enlargement you can get various medicantions for the LUTS symptoms. May need a prostate op down the line if it’s hard to keep in check, but don’t sweat it for now. Go see your gp. Quality of life is important.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Sometimes i'll go for 3-4 days eating very lightly. Barely anything at all. And still be poopin like normal.

More than a few times i've been sitting on the toilet genuinely wondering WHERE THE HELL it comes from.

Basically while most humans are 90% water i'm apparently abnormal and 45% poop.
It’s bc you’re full of shit :trollface:
I’d take some laxatives regularly. Like magnesia tabl. right before you go to sleep. Or laxorberal drops. Go go gadget poop.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Haven't lost much weight yet on intermittent fasting but my body has adjusted to it since I've done it for a few weeks now. The only issue is sometimes around 9-10 I have to eat because I get really low blood sugar. I just have to eat that much later the next day.

Going to the Dr is out of the question right now to adjust.meds and I'm not going to self medicate. I'll just deal

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Haven't lost much weight yet on intermittent fasting but my body has adjusted to it since I've done it for a few weeks now. The only issue is sometimes around 9-10 I have to eat because I get really low blood sugar. I just have to eat that much later the next day.

Going to the Dr is out of the question right now to adjust.meds and I'm not going to self medicate. I'll just deal
I have had good success doing the low calorie thing. Just focus on how much and what type of calories I am eating. Keep it under 2000 and you will lose weight without any other factors needed. Double bonus is as you lose weight your sugars will naturally go lower as you have too much insulin, so your Dr will lower your dosage, making it easier to lose weight.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider

Most (all?) docs are approved to do telephone/“virtual” visits these days due to COVID if you’d be interested in that.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Most (all?) docs are approved to do telephone/“virtual” visits these days due to COVID if you’d be interested in that.
Yeah, that's true. I think for the betes meds I'd want to be affected over a longer period of time. Also usually doctors want to do blood work to check a1c

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Sup bros. Not dead yet.

Had 3 surgeries since Christmas. Long story short apparently I have/had a tumor growing in my guts thats chewing holes in my intestine. Leaking fluid into my body, caused some serious infections. Sucked real bad.

Good news, I decided to continue on chemo but it's different shit. I go every 3 weeks now, take 10 pills (Xeloda) a day for 14 days, then chill for 7, then chemo for a day. Rinse, repeat. Sounds fucked up but COVID-19 situation is probably the best thing that could have happened to me. I'm a teacher so I'm working from home, my nurse shows up 3 times a week to make sure my wound is doing ok, I can sleep when I need to and rest whenever. Just taking it one day at a time. Making lessons for my students and painting 40k models.

Stay safe amigos.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Borzak

Damn. Hope things improve for you finishing up the chemo. Was kind of curious how they were working things like chemo and infusions with the virus shutting down so much stuff.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
Damn. Hope things improve for you finishing up the chemo. Was kind of curious how they were working things like chemo and infusions with the virus shutting down so much stuff.
Mainly they space the appointments out, plus the cancer center is a mini hospital so when you go for chemo you get your own little cubby hole. Biggest thing is you can't bring a guest/visitor with you which kinda sucks. Beyond that it's still pretty much the same.