Health Problems

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Ok so Nizoral looks like an anti dandruff shampoo; how will that help exactly? Not trying to be dismissive but I’ve heard biotin shampoo and conditioner works well for thinning hair as well
Nizoral is a proven anti-inflammatory. Far more likely to get results with that than biotin. Or at least as far as I know and researched due to studies etc. You only want to do nizoral/ketaconazole twice a week, so you can always rotate biotin shit in there.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Nizoral is a proven anti-inflammatory. Far more likely to get results with that than biotin. Or at least as far as I know and researched due to studies etc. You only want to do nizoral/ketaconazole twice a week, so you can always rotate biotin shit in there.
53936FF4-9408-4CC4-8A8C-2BC18D065E79.jpeg

I’m assuming the stuff on the right?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I hate to be debbie downer but not sure how much longer I'm going to make it. Standing up 10 minutes to shave my head I get back to my chair my heart rate is 160 and I take pills to lower it. It hovers around 70 until I stand up to do anything. Multiple heart test, stress test. Nobody knows anything. I can't do anything. My accomplishment for the week is shaving my head. Last week I walked to the mailbox and back and it took several days to revover. I managed to pull off something nobody else has. I don't have insurance at all now. I couldn't get ACA and was turned down for lack of income. I don't need income I have asets from working for 30 years. Shit blows my mind. Got email today I can reapply for 2022 starting now.

I thought at least if they say I have no income I would get medicaid if they think I'm poor. It would suck but it would be "something" if something worse happened. Nope, too much in asets. Shit blows my mind.

In that magic land of too rich and too poor at the same time. Gotta love ACA. I had fantastic insurance for 25 years that I paid double what a healthy person paid and I loved it. It was taken anywhere in the state of TX. Literally anywhere. It was fine by me I just ran a higher deductible and covered my own insulin and blood testing supplies and paid the $50 for the my A1C instead of dicking with insurance. Crazy me using insurance as an insurance to take care of a risk I wasn't willing to take. Crazy me.

• 1Solidarity

Goatface

my stomach has been on fire for over 14 hours now. started with antacids which normally work, but nothing. figured would try pepto bismol, then spent 2 hours slowly throwing it up. zantac did nothing. last time it hurt this bad, had to go to the er and get a gi cocktail, but then had cold sweats and couldn't keep water down.
now have to wait 2 more hours to do a phone visit with the doctor.

• 1WTF
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 users

Goatface

Update, did the telehealth call, she told me to take prescription heartburn pill with a glass of water. Wait an hour Then try to eat some toast. 50 mins later started throwing up again, went to er, threw up 3 times there. So a bunch of drugs and tests later finally got me to where they can take galblater out later today. Sure didn't go the way I was expecting

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Update, did the telehealth call, she told me to take prescription heartburn pill with a glass of water. Wait an hour Then try to eat some toast. 50 mins later started throwing up again, went to er, threw up 3 times there. So a bunch of drugs and tests later finally got me to where they can take galblater out later today. Sure didn't go the way I was expecting
Good luck on the surgery. Getting old sucks giant floppy donkey dong.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh look leg and foot swelling! Might be gout, might be blood clot, might be advancing heart failure. Choose your path.
Triple bypass 5 months ago after 3rd heart attack.
Yes getting old sucks.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Gout sucks, I'm lucky I only get it when I'm an idiot and only in one foot, that is all.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
My balls sometimes touch the toilet water. This can't be good for my health.

Feels like a weak complaint after reading the post by Srathor Srathor

• 1Like

Goatface

where they can take galblater out later today.
sorta funny, didn't have my reading glasses and some point i replaced gallbladder with galblater in my auto correct. sent about 20+ messages with galblater.

anyway, surgery went great. gallbladder was wretched, doc said it was "inflamed, infected and had been bleeding" and "got to it just in time". stomach feels great now, the bad surgery pains stopped around sat and today had 1st shit in a week and was beyond happy.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

blizzak

<Silver Donator>
Bleh! Had a rough day yesterday. Was told I have a malignant tumor in behind my nose. Its grown significantly these past couple months and they are going to have to remove the whole nose. I'm ok with the news for the most part, but man it was rough making the calls to loved ones letting them know. I'm waiting on results from pics to see if there is any cancer in the neck or lungs before they schedule the operation. I smoked heavily for 30 years before quitting 10 years ago, so I don't feel like this is undeserved. Its weird, I don't worry about dying and I only feel bad about the nose because loved ones will have to look at me lol. I'm shopping for Groucho Marx glasses soon.
I guess that's it, just needed to say something to someone.

• 6Like
  • 5Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
They're actually removing the full nose? Or are they going to do a MOHs procedure and try to get all the margins? Was it a basal cell, squamous cell, or melanoma?

blizzak

<Silver Donator>
Squamous cell carcenoma. (Sp). Yeah at the very least the whole of the septum and much of the inner workings. Doc asked me if I was a coke head in the eighties because my nose is already in rough shape. Whatever is going on in there is pushing up against my tear ducts now. Dunno if I will be full on Skeletor nose or if they will leave something. I will know more just before Christmas.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Dude, that blows. If they give you the option, get a prosthesis that can be swapped out. You never know when you might need that clown nose.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Had an actual brush with death last Thursday. I had been dealing with a torn meniscus in my knee from a prior injury finally going to shit, so I had a proceedure to inject Cortazone into the interior of the knee. Big five inch needle jammed way in there, the hole thing injecting cortazone in the knee. Well turns out that I apparently allergic to cortical steroids. I get home and immediately get warm and rashy all over, fuckins swelling up (hard to tell on a fat guy normally, but turning red). And I start blacking out slightly. Wife goes to get some bennadril from the pharmacy at the end of our street corner and I start having tightening of the chest and shortness of breath. I sort of get better after one benedril pill, but pretty much tell wife to call 911 (never have done that in my life).

Here is where it gets funny. Things are getting dark and it is occurring to me that I am shutting down from anaphylactic shock (the EMTs measured my BP at 70/55 at one point) but I have been holding in a shit since before the knee injection. I resolve myself that I would apparently rather die than shit myself in an ambulance, so... I stumble to the bathroom, black out while pissing, wife yells me awake, take a dump and sort of pass out while doing that, then make it back to the couch. EMTs show up feed me another benedril and I stabalize. I go to the ER and get shoved in a room with a bag of pepsid(?) because the normal treatment for allergic shock is cortical roid based stuff, which is what I am crashing from. Once I walked out my front door to the gurney I was pretty much out of the woods, but shit was definitely going dark there for a couple points where I thought I might be done.

Of all the things to take my fat ass out, I would have never have croaked to an allergic reaction. Smart money would be on alchoholism, maybe beetus (strangely do not have at my size), or heart failure. Apparently there is a half a percent chance of this reaction to the injection (LOL so the shot is more dangerous than covid, statistically) and I was a lucky winner. I joked to the wife that I should bet on the Lions to win and of course the ended up winning Sunday.....

I am tired as fuck from the after crash, but not dead. No long term impacts from this seem likely, aside from now I probably cannot use roid treatments for my torn meniscus. I am not going to say the close brush with death scared me, but it definitely put some thoughts into my head about how I need to make sure certain things are addressed in case I do check out.

• 5Like
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Had an actual brush with death last Thursday. I had been dealing with a torn meniscus in my knee from a prior injury finally going to shit, so I had a proceedure to inject Cortazone into the interior of the knee. Big five inch needle jammed way in there, the hole thing injecting cortazone in the knee. Well turns out that I apparently allergic to cortical steroids. I get home and immediately get warm and rashy all over, fuckins swelling up (hard to tell on a fat guy normally, but turning red). And I start blacking out slightly. Wife goes to get some bennadril from the pharmacy at the end of our street corner and I start having tightening of the chest and shortness of breath. I sort of get better after one benedril pill, but pretty much tell wife to call 911 (never have done that in my life).

Here is where it gets funny. Things are getting dark and it is occurring to me that I am shutting down from anaphylactic shock (the EMTs measured my BP at 70/55 at one point) but I have been holding in a shit since before the knee injection. I resolve myself that I would apparently rather die than shit myself in an ambulance, so... I stumble to the bathroom, black out while pissing, wife yells me awake, take a dump and sort of pass out while doing that, then make it back to the couch. EMTs show up feed me another benedril and I stabalize. I go to the ER and get shoved in a room with a bag of pepsid(?) because the normal treatment for allergic shock is cortical roid based stuff, which is what I am crashing from. Once I walked out my front door to the gurney I was pretty much out of the woods, but shit was definitely going dark there for a couple points where I thought I might be done.

Of all the things to take my fat ass out, I would have never have croaked to an allergic reaction. Smart money would be on alchoholism, maybe beetus (strangely do not have at my size), or heart failure. Apparently there is a half a percent chance of this reaction to the injection (LOL so the shot is more dangerous than covid, statistically) and I was a lucky winner. I joked to the wife that I should bet on the Lions to win and of course the ended up winning Sunday.....

I am tired as fuck from the after crash, but not dead. No long term impacts from this seem likely, aside from now I probably cannot use roid treatments for my torn meniscus. I am not going to say the close brush with death scared me, but it definitely put some thoughts into my head about how I need to make sure certain things are addressed in case I do check out.
You had an opportunity to shit all over a gurney and didn't take it?!? And you call yourself fat?! C'mon man!

That's honestly like the #1 reason I look forward to getting old - shitting myself and making some hot orderly clean it. Fuck dignity.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
You had an opportunity to shit all over a gurney and didn't take it?!? And you call yourself fat?! C'mon man!

That's honestly like the #1 reason I look forward to getting old - shitting myself and making some hot orderly clean it. Fuck dignity.
Not a bad take, but as you know I don't like making my problems other people's problems. And cleaning up poop is definately one of those problems no one else needs to deal with.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
The idea of letting someone else clean you up is way worse than the reality. Poor little asian intern dude.
I was in the ICU for 8 days back in may/june after the triple bypass. Things were going wellish but the fold out toilet in the room was broke so I got a bucket on a rickety pvc pipe contraption. With Tubes and shit all over chest split in two and healing, Ejection fraction after the surgery of 18, and all I get to make poopy then try to wrangle my ass to wipe.

Poor little Asian Intern dude. And I did not like it one damn bit. Getting old sucks but I live to bitch for another year.

• 1Like