Health Problems

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ultrasound is actually extra dicey because usually it’s a tech doing the scan and then the doc to read so you have two barriers of competence to pass

The imaging is being sent to UofM. Hurley tried to diagnose me, I told them I didn't need that and to send it to my doctors like I requested, so they could.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Hurley: all imaging looked fine

UofM: Naw bruh, your liver and spleen is enlarged for some reason. Also, we’re gonna need an Echo of your heart.

Me: Any idea what’s causing all this tho?

Collectively: Nope.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Hurley: all imaging looked fine

UofM: Naw bruh, your liver and spleen is enlarged for some reason. Also, we’re gonna need an Echo of your heart.

Me: Any idea what’s causing all this tho?

Collectively: Nope.
Have you or anyone you may have come in contact with, traveled to Ohio in the past month?

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I’m married, so no.

Edit: I read that as “kissing ANYONE” my bad.

still no.

popeye-meme-junge.jpg

Lots of things cause your symptoms but mono was one of the funnier ones. Maybe Izo Izo has some thoughts.

• 2Worf

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya the echo of the heart should be done pronto, because if you have a fib you want to find out if there’s any clot in your heart as a result. Should have them check your thyroid levels if they haven’t yet.

big liver spleen can be a million different things. Ask your doc if you should get an mri of the liver (with contrast) because the instigating factor for all this was abnormal liver labs , and liver ultrasound honestly is fairly useless (can miss big abnormalities)

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Ya the echo of the heart should be done pronto, because if you have a fib you want to find out if there’s any clot in your heart as a result. Should have them check your thyroid levels if they haven’t yet.

big liver spleen can be a million different things. Ask your doc if you should get an mri of the liver (with contrast) because the instigating factor for all this was abnormal liver labs , and liver ultrasound honestly is fairly useless (can miss big abnormalities)

MRI of the liver was already scheduled for end of month and the MRI of my chest showed no clots, but I’m sure the echo can show more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also worth pointing out that liver spleen measurements on ultrasound are very operator dependent so can be inaccurate, especially liver. It’s mostly useful if there’s a huge abnormality ( say if your liver is REALLY huge or spleen is moderate to really big, the ultrasound can be trusted for that. If they’re saying it’s just a little big based on ultrasound, they’re fos and don’t know yet). The mri will clear that up

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Also worth pointing out that liver spleen measurements on ultrasound are very operator dependent so can be inaccurate, especially liver. It’s mostly useful if there’s a huge abnormality ( say if your liver is REALLY huge or spleen is moderate to really big, the ultrasound can be trusted for that. If they’re saying it’s just a little big based on ultrasound, they’re fos and don’t know yet). The mri will clear that

it shows abnormal tissue but no masses.

blizzak

<Silver Donator>
Good luck Tarrant, I hope they find a simple fix. 13 months ago i had surgery on my nose for cancer, a couple days ago I had my fourth surgery trying to chase it down. Long story short I am sitting here without a nose. When I heal up enough they will hit me with radiation and then I can go have a prosthetic made. Likely will be two more months before they will start the process, so I deal with glasses not fitting and reading giving me headaches. So far my friends have been really supportive and have had many suggestions for halloween costumes, including skeletor, red skull and voldemort. My head is shaved atm so those are all fitting lol.

• 2Thoughts & Prayers
  • 1WTF
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Good luck Tarrant, I hope they find a simple fix. 13 months ago i had surgery on my nose for cancer, a couple days ago I had my fourth surgery trying to chase it down. Long story short I am sitting here without a nose. When I heal up enough they will hit me with radiation and then I can go have a prosthetic made. Likely will be two more months before they will start the process, so I deal with glasses not fitting and reading giving me headaches. So far my friends have been really supportive and have had many suggestions for halloween costumes, including skeletor, red skull and voldemort. My head is shaved atm so those are all fitting lol.

clip off the nose pads and snag a sports band to put on the temples, should at least solve the reading issue a bit maybe

• 1Like

blizzak

<Silver Donator>
taking off the nose pads was the first thing i did, im looking to attach something below the bottom of the rims that can rest on my cheekbones. I will get it figured out.

• 2Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Think I broke my middle knuckle fighting my donkey. red and a little swollen 2 days later. No pain really unless I raise my fingers too fast straight but in particular trying to bend them ask the way down against the palm which stretches top of hand tight.

Im cheap, feel like it's not worth getting looked at since they can't exactly cast it. no open bone or feel anything moving really that hurts when I do it.

• 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Think I broke my middle knuckle fighting my donkey. red and a little swollen 2 days later. No pain really unless I raise my fingers too fast straight but in particular trying to bend them ask the way down against the palm which stretches top of hand tight.

Im cheap, feel like it's not worth getting looked at since they can't exactly cast it. no open bone or feel anything moving really that hurts when I do it.
Screenshot 2023-03-13 at 11-40-17 ChatGPT.png

Yeah, sounds like a 'walk it off' deal. If the pain isn't unbearable, it's likely nothing serious.

Also, don't fight animals. You upset the AI.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fighting your donkey; is that what the kids are calling it these days?

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users