Hearthstone

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did anyone link the recent interview stuff with Brode?

Ben Brode's Stream Notes (17/April/16) : hearthstone

Biggest thing that stands out to me:

Ironbeak Owl and BGH are not cards that fit into the "evergreen set" (Classic/Basic), according to Ben Brode. (Speculation: This could mean both cards have been nerfed, and may be added back in a later expansion, possibly as weaker versions, maybe class cards instead)
Sounds like for sure something's happening with both of them, as many have expected.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If Ironbeak is OP keeper of the grove is ?? I only keep one 4 drop in my starting hand playing druid.

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
Class cards can be allowed to be powerful, and the fact that it is four mana instead of two has implications for the decks that run owl (aggro mostly).

norp

Bronze Squire
I'd go off on a limb and also say keeper of the grove is also too strong. I'm actually interesting in seeing what they do to druid, if they just get rid of force/roar combo I wonder if the druid ramp decks will be good enough. Clearly though, there will be some changes to druid cards.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I was so tilted before I realized what you were getting at. I even searched a couple websites. Fucker. Well played.
Lol, I started to look as well but then I just laughed. Especially since Famm is right. Damn you Blizzard! Just when Priest was set to pull a Secret Pally on the world!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd go off on a limb and also say keeper of the grove is also too strong. I'm actually interesting in seeing what they do to druid, if they just get rid of force/roar combo I wonder if the druid ramp decks will be good enough. Clearly though, there will be some changes to druid cards.
Valishar is right, it's fine for class cards to be stronger than neutrals. Overpowered neutrals in Naxx and GvG are why the power level of the game spun out of control.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Valishar is right, it's fine for class cards to be stronger than neutrals. Overpowered neutrals in Naxx and GvG are why the power level of the game spun out of control.
I agree somewhat but they've had this problem for a while and a lot of the problem has been OP class cards too. The Force/roar combo has always been a bit ridiculous. Doctor 6 was a disaster. Broken Buzzard/UtH, broken charge mechanics and Warr, miracle rogue, etc, etc, etc. I think the biggest problem has been that a gigantic company pushed a really small team to make this, and it exploded. They didn't have the team to playtest very well and it shows. Certain decks and cards have really limited this game.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I agree somewhat but they've had this problem for a while and a lot of the problem has been OP class cards too. The Force/roar combo has always been a bit ridiculous. Doctor 6 was a disaster. Broken Buzzard/UtH, broken charge mechanics and Warr, miracle rogue, etc, etc, etc. I think the biggest problem has been that a gigantic company pushed a really small team to make this, and it exploded. They didn't have the team to playtest very well and it shows. Certain decks and cards have really limited this game.
Dr 6 isn't broken, the reason secret paladin is so good is because they're able to put down sticky threats turn after turn leading up to the challenger turn, then potentially even following that up with boom and/or tirion. If you manage to keep the board clear going into turn 6, challenger is a joke. Similarly, Leeroy is what was broken in miracle rogue, and it wasn't just miracle, handlock was running leeroy/faceless/po as their win condition as well. Warsong commander was a problem card ever since beta, but now that they've made it trash it will never be a problem again.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
I think they vastly underestimated the power that the flexibility in the druid basic and classic set provides. Being able to be a big early game tempo swing against aggro or a late game clutch silence is just too much utility.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I think they vastly underestimated the power that the flexibility in the druid basic and classic set provides. Being able to be a big early game tempo swing against aggro or a late game clutch silence is just too much utility.
Keeper is fine. Druid have shit for efficient removal. Look at warrior with 4 one mana removals. Much better than a freaking silence. Owl is a 2 mana neutral that goes in every aggro deck to nullify taunts. Keeper is used for control and is balanced simply because druid have shit for control.

That 1 mana legendary is garbage. not even worth taking off peddler. Id even say he's a nerf to peddler. Chances of it transforming into a useful minion the turn you would (or can) play it is so slim.

May as well have been a 30 mana legendary with 30/30 stats. It'll never be used for a turn 1 play and only serves to nerf paletress / sneed

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Dr 6 isn't broken, the reason secret paladin is so good is because they're able to put down sticky threats turn after turn leading up to the challenger turn, then potentially even following that up with boom and/or tirion. If you manage to keep the board clear going into turn 6, challenger is a joke. Similarly, Leeroy is what was broken in miracle rogue, and it wasn't just miracle, handlock was running leeroy/faceless/po as their win condition as well. Warsong commander was a problem card ever since beta, but now that they've made it trash it will never be a problem again.
I didn't say broken. I said OP and that's what Dr 6 has been in this environment. Two weeks into release, it was the engine for a top deck and it still is. Pally was rarely used before that card and suddenly it's top tier for multiple reasons. Don't forget Auctioneer in rogue as well. The point being, they've had a lot of cards they needed to nerf and some of the most powerful were class cards.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't say broken. I said OP and that's what Dr 6 has been in this environment. Two weeks into release, it was the engine for a top deck and it still is. Pally was rarely used before that card and suddenly it's top tier for multiple reasons. Don't forget Auctioneer in rogue as well. The point being, they've had a lot of cards they needed to nerf and some of the most powerful were class cards.
The only reason pally was rarely used was because it got destroyed by patron. Midrange pal was top tier for the majority of the period between the warsong nerf and the release of LoE, and still has a favorable matchup vs secret pally, it just matches up very poorly with the rest of the meta. Auctioneer didn't need nerfed, miracle rogue was balanced after the leeroy nerf, the auctioneer nerf just dumpstered the deck.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That 1 mana legendary is garbage. not even worth taking off peddler. Id even say he's a nerf to peddler. Chances of it transforming into a useful minion the turn you would (or can) play it is so slim.

May as well have been a 30 mana legendary with 30/30 stats. It'll never be used for a turn 1 play and only serves to nerf paletress / sneed
I'm absolutely shocked to hear you won't be crafting a golden version on day one. Maybe this card is amazing after all.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
That 1 mana legendary could provide versatility if minions in Hearthstone were on average more complicated. They should have made the minion cost reduced by 2 like a version of Unstable Portal. Then it woulda been cool.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
That 1 mana legendary could provide versatility if minions in Hearthstone were on average more complicated. They should have made the minion cost reduced by 2 like a version of Unstable Portal. Then it woulda been cool.
I agree. It would have been useful if they weren't in the process of lowering minion values.

Gavin,

Dumpstered is a good word for that. Gave me a funny visual of ET games in Mexico.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Two mana is too much, I do think it would be more playable with a one mana discount to the transformed minion. As much as I want to see UP go away, this card isn't strong enough without any discount.