Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
so that leaves us with only two quests that actually work?
Just 1 right? Warrior only?
I mean.. it makes sense that not every quest will "work". Most of the cards in this game don't "work".

But... next expansion is around the corner and it could turn things around for some.
Personally, I'm glad most quests aren't "meta". It would be annoying as hell having to contend with quest after quest every match. The rewards are ridiculously powerful so making them easy would just mean RNG/whoever-finishes-first-wins etc.

The quests are very RNG dependent which isn't healthy. Very little decisions are necessary, just play the minion that progresses the quest. Fairly dumb & straightforward.

I don't know what I want from card design anymore. I didn't even try for legend or HCT points this month like I had hoped. RL just got too chaotic and I decided to spend more time in LoL/OW. I think not getting top 200 last month sapped my desire to keep trying for HCT pts.

For the most part I think the game is in a good spot. Kinda strange to think that. In the past there was always a glaring issue to fix (pirates/reno meta).

I think right now I just want an in-client Tournament mode.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Quest rogue drove me away from the current Meta...I favor slower, more thoughtful decks and Quest Rogue fucked them. I welcome our new Pirate warrior and Shaman Swarm masters.

• 1Like

Krag

Peasant
I was looking forward to the quests (a new mechanic) when Un'goro was announced, but now I'm pretty happy that they aren't played that much (though it sucks for everyone opening the worthless ones).

Caverns Below was mostly nerfed, I think, because it's incredibly boring/annoying to play against rather than the power level of the deck, though it has been winning more at high level lately.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Well Grimestreet Outfitter is fairly strong in the new tavern brawl. They grow fast.
Patches and jade all day....unless you want rage wins, than just do iceblock.

I feel like they let a group of potatoes come up with most of the brawls.

Last edited:
  • 1Smuggly
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
Which champion am I supposed to take? I'm guessing it's one of these yella fellas.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well Grimestreet Outfitter is fairly strong in the new tavern brawl. They grow fast.

dunno, turn 3 you deal 1 dmg to face, turn 4 you deal 3 (4), turn 5 you deal 10 (14).

Most "decks" kill you before turn 6.

Oh and then your engine breaks because you're now playing outfitters you didn't have in your hand when you played the first one, while shit like Tidecallers or jade golems continue scaling.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Patches is probably the most cancerous deck. Then maybe Mind Blast Priest.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Probably won't try it, but doing warrior quest with patches gave me an idea as 1 of my random cards was iron hide, 1 mana gain 5 armor... could maybe do fatigue warrior with iron hide. That's 110 armor in deck, once you're top decking it's 7 a turn. Exactly enough to withstand patches, also enough to beat mind blasts. Loses to jades though. To win you need to rely on your 8 randoms to be some minions.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Oh boy! Mere moments after I got all the good cards out of the last one!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Prince Malchezar is the funniest one so far. Also played against a Renounce Darkness lock. Nice idea.

I'm really happy about the no dupe legendaries coming up. This last go around I got a dupe of every legendary I opened. I'd be like 5 unique legendaries ahead under these new rules.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Queueing up with a deck that is basically the first 30 overload cards for quest at rank 5 in wild and beating a dude paladin deck is pretty hilarious

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Prince Malchezar is the funniest one so far. Also played against a Renounce Darkness lock. Nice idea.

I'm really happy about the no dupe legendaries coming up. This last go around I got a dupe of every legendary I opened. I'd be like 5 unique legendaries ahead under these new rules.

Its nice, after opening 5 normal cenarius

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've been tempted to get back into this game despite all the cards available now, but this match up just seemed like total RNG. Reckful or Ostkaka could have easily won this if they got the right cards(which Ostkaka did). I don't understand how all the coaching was allowed on Reckful's part though. Eloise should have stfu up, but even then, I doubt it mattered much. He's played this deck so much; it shouldn't have mattered.

With that said, it's pretty cool to see Reckful get 30/30 with this deck when he's trying to climb the ladder.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity