Hearthstone

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
Seems like they want every deck to be late game control with heals. Except Warlock. They want warlock to play zoo again?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Seems like they want every deck to be late game control with heals. Except Warlock. They want warlock to play zoo again?

TBH, Lifesteal is way too slow and inconsistent to actually work well vs many of the current aggro decks. This set is lacking taunts, unlike Un'Goro which had TONs of taunts, and even with all the taunts, Aggro still exists... so yea, I expect most aggro decks to work, and perhaps get stronger with some new cards.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Card Im most excited for from today's reveal:

636368463608658289.png

So many possibilities with it really.
  • Can go infinite if both copies are in hand
  • Great for Control Warrior, copies big threats but can also copy key removal or draw cards
  • Great for N'Zoth Warrior, especially if limiting Deathrattles to just a few.
  • Might bring back C'Thun Warrior, easier way to get multiple C'Thun, and buffers
  • Fatigue Warrior may return, can have tons of draw and wait to go infinite with this, similar to Jade Druid, no worry at fatiguing out.
  • Fun with Elise & Un'Goro Pack(s)
  • It's actually going to require some skill to use properly and not completely fuck your top-decks
  • Can copy Sulfuras for a 2x Rag-Fireball turn in the future
  • etc.etc.etc.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
TBH, Lifesteal is way too slow and inconsistent to actually work well vs many of the current aggro decks. This set is lacking taunts, unlike Un'Goro which had TONs of taunts, and even with all the taunts, Aggro still exists... so yea, I expect most aggro decks to work, and perhaps get stronger with some new cards.
Lifesteal is more of a midrange tool than a control tool anyway. A 3/3 lifesteal is essentially a 6/3 in a race situation, and if the aggro deck can't race the midrange down it loses. Control decks don't have a board till late so lifesteal isn't as good for them.

In MTG it works a bit better due to selective blocking and unlimited health, but in hearthstone the principle still applies, it'll just always eat a removal just like taunts do.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Random thoughts about the cards today

Elemental Mage feels like it's for sure a Control powerhouse. That's a gross amount of sustain potential in an elemental mage deck, and they have the tools to get it there. Summoning a Water Elemental with Lifesteal almost every turn is pretty nuts.

I don't feel like the Rogue weapon is as crazy as it seems.

Shaman freeze deck still looks bad too me. I think it will be hilariously inconsistent, and it's not good enough to compete with other control decks

Druid card and Prince both suck, the Doomed Apprentice is interesting but I don't think it's good enough to cut something for.

Defile is really interesting. It's probably nuts vs agro and probably solid in arena. It's a real hard call imo. It feels like tech vs agro, not play all the time. That's assuming that there is a control lock deck in the first place that could do something with it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Random thoughts about the cards today

Elemental Mage feels like it's for sure a Control powerhouse. That's a gross amount of sustain potential in an elemental mage deck, and they have the tools to get it there. Summoning a Water Elemental with Lifesteal almost every turn is pretty nuts.

I don't feel like the Rogue weapon is as crazy as it seems.

Shaman freeze deck still looks bad too me. I think it will be hilariously inconsistent, and it's not good enough to compete with other control decks

Druid card and Prince both suck, the Doomed Apprentice is interesting but I don't think it's good enough to cut something for.

Defile is really interesting. It's probably nuts vs agro and probably solid in arena. It's a real hard call imo. It feels like tech vs agro, not play all the time. That's assuming that there is a control lock deck in the first place that could do something with it.
Yea I agree elemental and/or nzoth mage should be a value machine with Jaina. Popping elementals will be crazy annoying for opponent.

I wouldn't say rogue weapon is insane but it is a rallying blade/faux war axe which is always great. Now rogue can kill 3 health on 3 without losing health or comboing to SI7.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All this freeze seems thematic, but I can't imagine it'll be terribly fun for the massive amount of aggro players.

• 1Like

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I am pretty sure that somewhere in Hearthstone there are these conditions added to mage.

If opponent evolve shaman or murloc paladin, never draw volcanic potion early game
If opponent has evolved or buffed minions past 2 health, draw volcanic potion
If opponent has evolved or buffed minions past 4 health, draw flamestrike

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Card has potential to do stuff.

Totems (manatide)
Lightspawn
Eggs

Handbuff paladin

Might see play.

Maybe in fun decks but I see much better options at four for just about any deck. A 1/4 for four is ridiculously underpowered and while there is built in replacement option, you have to work hard to get solid value. Infested Tauren looks far better for less work. Just doesn't seem worth the effort except just to say you did it.

On to other cards, it will be hard for me to play anything but mage early based on what's seen so far. Sindragosa and Jaina are pretty damn amazing and testing out the options should be fun.

Last edited:
  • 1Like