ex-genj

Golden Squire
OuikDGY.png

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Nice. Exact same thing I am playing but I use a different ooze.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Yeah after playing with it all day literally as I had it off I need to call out right now that HL DK priest will be nerfed. It is ridiculous. Its not that its unbeatable by any means it will lose some times to aggro and MR decks but it DESTROYS all other slow/control decks minus quest warrior. I just played a game against DK paly where it didn't matter what I had he no way of beating me. "ho hum he played a 8/8 whatever? OK have to find 3 cards to play and its gone" + all the benefits of those cards. There is no threats or victory path for any of these decks.

BTW I'm holding raza in the mull against everything.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah after playing with it all day literally as I had it off I need to call out right now that HL DK priest will be nerfed. It is ridiculous. Its not that its unbeatable by any means it will lose some times to aggro and MR decks but it DESTROYS all other slow/control decks minus quest warrior. I just played a game against DK paly where it didn't matter what I had he no way of beating me. "ho hum he played a 8/8 whatever? OK have to find 3 cards to play and its gone" + all the benefits of those cards. There is no threats or victory path for any of these decks.

Priest is always a counter to control decks. How are the aggro matches? I'm playing against an ocean of aggro, went from 0 stars in rank 5 to 1 star rank 2 today. Druid taunt aggro deck has been most prominent, also pirate warrior and some new murloc aggro shaman just recently. Earlier I played against many demon handlocks, haven't seen one since early rank 4 though.

Priest can play dragons or control and win against other control decks like 75%or higher.

• 1Like

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I have a budget Aggro Pirate Warrior deck and now I'm out of dust. I understand the Arena is the best place to grind out gold. Where's the best place to read up on Arena strategy?

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I have a budget Aggro Pirate Warrior deck and now I'm out of dust. I understand the Arena is the best place to grind out gold. Where's the best place to read up on Arena strategy?

Arena strategy is all about tempo and going first.

• 1Like

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
As a beginner the arena isn't going to gain you any net gold, if you are halfway decent you will manage to acquire packs a bit cheaper as going 3/3 in arena is slightly better than just buying a pack with 100 gold. Your best shot is to get the Heartharena app, or something similar and run it while you draft so it can help you pick the best possible cards. It also helps to watch Kripp or Hafu on twitch for awhile to get the idea of gameplay in arena. It's almost entirely maintaining board control and tempo with value trades. Because of that going first is huge because you get the initiative and sweepers are huge because if you're maintaining board control with minions your opponent killing everything is like you losing two or three turns.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Tried playing some random control decks, mostly paladin. Also did the Demon DK deck and some variations, but no go. There was absolutely 0 chance against the HL priest decks. Totally oppressive. Experimented with counters and had success only with: Pirate Warrior and Jade Druid. I'm guessing we'll be back to those two decks dominating soon enough.

Paladin DK has been sucking for me. Anyone having success with any control pally lists?

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

I have no fear of jade druid now which is amazing, Between DK, Kazakus, Eternal serv, and Obsidian statue, there are lots of answers to big boards. Its still way too early to think though. This deck auto loses to quest mage also, for instance

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
God damnit I just lost a 50/50 to steal Antonidas out of Exodia Mages deck with Death Grip. 2 Minions in the deck and I get the wrong one, fml

• 1Smuggly

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Ok, after playing around with it for a few hours, Hunter really sucks now.

Aggro hunter just isn't fast enough to deal with any sort of control type decks, or even midrange, too many shitty low health minions. That said I haven't tried the hunter quest, I don't have it and I'm sure as shit not crafting it. And I didn't play with trap hunter, since I'm not crafting putricide.

Deathstalker Rexxar is just weak. Sure you get it out early, but by turn six, a 2 dmg board attack isn't strong enough to do much at all. So typically you're left with some of their stuff on board. Even if you're not, you've lost any intiative, which puts you immediately behind in the tempo game.

The build-a-beast is fun, but it's definitely not good. Not compared to Anduin, or Jaina, or any of the other DKs I played against, except maybe Uther. Once Uther's weapon is gone, he's not that threatening. Yes, you can get some good beasts out, and it acts as pseudo-card draw, since you're typically hero-powering and then playing whatever you craft, not playing drawn cards.

The trouble is that by the time it's 10 mana or so, your opponent has all of their powerful removal and is ready to play their DK, which is WAY better than yours and often just wins the game then and there. The situation you tend to find yourself in is:

Down on life
Behind on board
Trying desperately to stabilize board with some unholy combo of taunts, charge, and poison beasts.

While you're trying to stabilize though, you realize you have no board clears, few direct damage spells, poor hard removal, and no healing unless you're lucky enough to get the beast with lifesteal and it sticks. All while your opponent has had plenty of time to set up whatever broken shit they're trying to do.

TL;DR Don't craft Rexxar, he blows goats.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Lots of Raza Priest. Man that deck is annoying as fuck.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I've gotten worthless shit every single time I've played Lich King so far. He is cursed.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea bonemare is in every aggro druid and paladin deck. Black Knight is in every mid range and control deck now. The new taunt-aggro druid is kinda insane.

I've been performing well with control paladin though, at least 2-0 against that paladin deck and beating most of the druids

Heres the list currently:
### Control
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Hydrologist
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (3) Aldor Peacekeeper
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 1x (3) Wickerflame Burnbristle
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 1x (5) Harrison Jones
# 1x (5) Stampeding Kodo
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
# 1x (6) The Black Knight
# 1x (7) The Curator
# 2x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) Ragnaros, Lightlord
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
# 1x (9) Uther of the Ebon Blade
#
AAECAZ8FCvoGkAfbCvgM5q4CubICvL0CucECws4CjtMCCooB3AP0Bc8G9gePCbPBApvCAojHAsnHAgA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Black Knight op
2x aldor to keep minions small
Harrison can be replaced if not enough weapon classes, I was meaning to swap him out, rallying blade or corpsetaker or the 1mana taunt/ds are good vs aggro.
Only lich king and uther are new cards, the deck had more... but had to cut them for aldors and bk

Consider taking repentance from hydro much more often in current meta.

• 1Like

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bonemares are getting added to everything, it'd be funny if it wasn't so annoying.

Bonemare is amazing with Evolve for damn sure - random 8 mana critter and a +4/+4 taunt on another is such value.

• 1Like