Hearthstone

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
Haha, playing wild token druid. Got that zero mana 1/1 penguin on a devolve turn, follow up with mark of y'saarj and mark of the wild making it a 5/5 taunt. Later I rebuilt board and he casts second devolve but since the penguin is already a zero cost card it just stays a 5/5 taunt. Fuck you buddy.

Haha - I don't know what it is about certain cards that make me feel "angry" in this game. You can fireball my guy and I'm fine, nbd. But you devolve my guys? I feel betrayed. I feel personally injured. I want to right a wrong that has taken place. It isn't even about you devolving a buff off my guy. It's about you changing my card into something worthless and it hits me.

TL;DR - people who shouldn't be playing card games where you lose just about half of your matches.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I tried some of Kolento's Demonlock deck this weekend. It's pretty damn powerful, my winrate isn't so great though, maybe 50% or just higher... It's extremely skill intensive. Managing your life and knowing when to tap, how and when to use Defile... etc.
Defile is an amazing card. Paired with Tainted Zealot it's 4 mana for a 5 damage AoE at minimum as long as 1st cast kills something 1 or 2 health.
The Demonlock decks are ranging between 52%-58%.. so many variants right now.

---

I tried some Jade Druid and went on a crazy losing streak. Either I suck with jade druid or just had some bad luck. Jade Druid still has the highest win rate right now, but I have no idea if that applies at Legend ranks... It could just be Jade Druid has inflated stats right now due to winning against a ton of very greedy decks at the lower ranks.

---

So a card I've tech'd into my Control Paladin list is Nerubian Unraveler...
I feel like every time I play this card it makes a positive impact on the game, but maybe I'm biased. It works so good in Paladin because you only have a few spells, and most are cheap. Spikeridge is your biggest and you normally just hero power afterwards anyway, which you can still do on 10 mana if Nerubian is down.

I definitely feel like this card alone has won me at least 2 games single handily, maybe more. Of course, I don't draw it every game.

My 2 prime examples have been against Druid:

1.) Aggro Druid uses Living Mana+Mark of the Lotus. Has 2 mana remaining, can Roar next turn. I have a small board, put down Nerubian, shuts off Roar. He has to trade 2 of his dudes into it now. I clear out the rest of his board on my turn using weapon/minions. I go on to win the game in a few more turns.

2.) Jade Druid is down to 1x Ultimate Infestation and 2x Jade Idols. No more cards. He's already used 2x Auctioneer and 1x Ultimate Infestation. I have a board of small things 3-4 attack, his Jades are around 15/15 now. He shuffles both Idols into his deck, planning to Infest & draw 5 at a time. I drop Nerubian, shuts off his Ultimate Infestation. He can now only draw 1 Jade at a time. He concedes.

---

I also had played it against Priest & Rogue... Won vs Priest, he had a 5 mana Death for it, which means less Death for Tirion/Lich King/Ragnaros, might not have mattered overall though.

Lost vs Rogue.... Rogue played Backstab+Vilespine onto it, which seemed like a great trade to me. I eventually lost to a board full of giants & vancleaf I couldn't clear.

---

So yea, overall I am liking the card, it sucks up some premium removal and with the insane spell-heavy decks everywhere, I think it is an awesome card right now. All of the Druid decks are spell heavy, and it shuts off Infestation completely, Quest Mage, Servitude/HL priest, Rogue, all have tons of spells.

---

I'm on a 5 or 6 win streak with Control paladin right now, had to gain back some Legend points after playing shit decks all day. My final match last night was against HL priest, which I figured would be a loss, especially due to the hype around here, but ended up winning pretty easily. The deck is still good, and I've lost to it before (not as Paladin), but it's just so draw dependent.

The key was making him blow his Dragonfire, and then rebuilding a board of 3-4 attack shits, his DK wouldn't kill anything. He probably had DK in hand but never used it because he had to heal himself due to the pressure.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anybody have a good list that uses the warlock DK?

I should clarify - DK but no quest, I never did craft the lock quest.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The meta will definitely be more friendly to Control now. All of the control decks have a lot of tools to deal with aggro now. Way more than before at least.

• 1Like

ex-genj

Golden Squire
Finally lost once with murloc paladin vs jade druid. It has to be close to 75% favored as only the 1/5 taunt spell has much of an effect against it. I lost because of... yogg. sigh.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Anybody have a good list that uses the warlock DK?

I should clarify - DK but no quest, I never did craft the lock quest.
Most of the Warlock decks are DK and no Quest... Here's a bunch:
Hearthstone Decks - HSReplay.net

Here's the Kolento deck he was playing at top 6 Legend:
Kolento's DK Handlock [TOP 6 LEGEND] - Hearthstone Decks

Kolento's DK Handlock [TOP 6 LEGEND]

He had Tainted Zealot instead of Alex when I saw him play it, maybe swapped it out for Alex (or vice versa) idk.

• 1Like

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Barely played for the last 2 expansions, and by barely I mean less than 20 games or so each.

Decided to give this a spin again, usually always fun when an expansion comes out, tons of variety as people try new things. Played 7 games, I know it's a small sample...but faced 4 Jade Druids, and 3 Priests...so 2 decks in 7 games, and remembered why I stopped playing. :)

7 games not enough to make a judgement really, but I guess I'm just honestly burned out on the game. :(

• 1Salty

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Barely played for the last 2 expansions, and by barely I mean less than 20 games or so each.

Decided to give this a spin again, usually always fun when an expansion comes out, tons of variety as people try new things. Played 7 games, I know it's a small sample...but faced 4 Jade Druids, and 3 Priests...so 2 decks in 7 games, and remembered why I stopped playing. :)

7 games not enough to make a judgement really, but I guess I'm just honestly burned out on the game. :(

I'd say about 75% of people are playing Druid... but it's not always Jade.

Aggro / Taunt / Jade / Big are the 4 main decks.

Ultimate Infestation has made Druid really good.

They nerfed a 7 mana Draw 2 + 5/5 minion and added a 10 mana draw 5 + 5armor +5damage + 5/5 minion

Just Blizzard things.

(The game is still very fun right now.. honeymoon phase usually lasts me a good month or 2 before I get burnt again)

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Ultimate Infestation is just so good at recharging tempo in the mid/late game as others run out of steam. It says a lot that the card would still be disgusting if it did 4 of everything instead of 5.

• 1Like

Krag

Peasant
I tried some of Kolento's Demonlock deck this weekend. It's pretty damn powerful, my winrate isn't so great though, maybe 50% or just higher... It's extremely skill intensive. Managing your life and knowing when to tap, how and when to use Defile... etc.
Defile is an amazing card. Paired with Tainted Zealot it's 4 mana for a 5 damage AoE at minimum as long as 1st cast kills something 1 or 2 health.
The Demonlock decks are ranging between 52%-58%.. so many variants right now.
I saw you play Hotform (or at least someone with the same name playing demons). I really like the demonlock variations (and I got Gul'Dan from the prologue so that helps) and it's impressive that those few cards (defile is crazy good) have made warlock viable again (whether it stays so when everything settles is a question, but it looks strong now).

Kolento was playing Felguard (the 3 mana 3/5 taunt destroy a mana crystal) of all things at some point. I'm not sure that has ever deliberately been put in a deck if you actually had choices.

• 1Like

Krag

Peasant
Forgot to ask, how impactful has the healing from Drain Soul been for you since you're not running Happy Ghoul to get some tempo from it? I've been experimenting with Demonfire in that spot since you can "heal" demons with it, and it's great on an early voidwalker.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Forgot to ask, how impactful has the healing from Drain Soul been for you since you're not running Happy Ghoul to get some tempo from it? I've been experimenting with Demonfire in that spot since you can "heal" demons with it, and it's great on an early voidwalker.

I didn't play it enough and didn't experiment. Didn't try Happy Ghoul, though it makes some sense.
With the 2x spell damage minions, Drain Soul is deal 3 & heal 3 (or 4). So it seems to make sense, but obviously Kolento keeps changing his list and I haven't. I just went with whatever version I saw at the time.

Looks like i played 15 games with it, and last 4 were all losses, so I went back to paladin lol.

• 1Like

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Druid needs something nerfed its too much ramp too much draw, even geisting idol doesnt kill the deck it just makes it not 100% to win as jade against a control deck. The meta is so fucked its not even funny at this point at rank 5-3 ive seen 40% druid.

And you cant even out agro druid now they just hit spreading plague and you are fucking stopped dead in your tracks and those 1/5s soon become 3/7s if not more and its just over.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Not true. There is a pirate warrior. The 2nd page being all druids was funny to see.
It changed since I posted already, I swear there was a Shaman!

It's cheating though because it's like 1 deck (jade), with just a couple changes, creating like 30 versions of the same deck

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will say that I am getting tired of the Lich KIng. If I get to play him, sweet, but it sucks being on the other side of him not quite sure how good of a card they just got. I have seen him in more decks than any other legendary to such a degree that I am surprised he has not been augmented into Pirate Warrior. If I were to choose a gold legendary....

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I will say that I am getting tired of the Lich KIng. If I get to play him, sweet, but it sucks being on the other side of him not quite sure how good of a card they just got. I have seen him in more decks than any other legendary to such a degree that I am surprised he has not been augmented into Pirate Warrior. If I were to choose a gold legendary....
I almost wish I crafted him golden instead of normal... no way am I disenchanting and re-crafting. And I can't get a golden until I have every Legendary now lol. (I think that's how goldens work?)

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Druid needs something nerfed its too much ramp too much draw, even geisting idol doesnt kill the deck it just makes it not 100% to win as jade against a control deck. The meta is so fucked its not even funny at this point at rank 5-3 ive seen 40% druid.

And you cant even out agro druid now they just hit spreading plague and you are fucking stopped dead in your tracks and those 1/5s soon become 3/7s if not more and its just over.

Yah. I think Spreading Plague and Taunt Buff Dude and Ultimate Infestation might have been a bit much in terms of adding to the Druid toolkit.

Plague/Taunt/Infest fit in most druid decks aggro, jade or otherwise. Aggro decks that shit out minions like Hunter are just not going to work while that shit is out there. Defile and the other early game AOEs as well.

• 1Like

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
I almost wish I crafted him golden instead of normal... no way am I disenchanting and re-crafting. And I can't get a golden until I have every Legendary now lol. (I think that's how goldens work?)

You can open golden legendaries without owning all of them.

• 1Like