Hearthstone

Brand

Molten Core Raider
According to HSreplay, at ranks 5-Legend, Jade Druid's worst winrate is 55% vs "Paladin".
HOWEVER, Control Paladin with Skulking Geist in their list have a 58% win rate against "Druid".

Keep in mind that "Paladin" includes all forms, and "Druid" includes all forms... Both classes have Aggro & Control variants.

Problem with Control Paladin is they have a 37% against priest, and even Mage is sub-50%, whereas Jade Druid is 55% or higher across the board.

---

Last night, trying for top 100, I had 10 of my 17 matches vs Druid (59%), I won 7 of 10 (70% win rate).
A fair amount were Aggro Druids too, but still won most, even with Geist in my list.

The other 7 matches were:
2x Warlock (2-0)
1x Priest (0-1)
3x Paladin (2-1)
1x Shaman (0-1)
---
4 - 3 (57% win rate vs non-druid).

Just my two cents...Meta is key here. Do not play control Paladin from rank 5-15. There is so much priest from 15-10 it is insane.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I feel like there's gotta be a Dead Man's list that actually performs well. I cannot believe Warrior is just Pirates still. The Dead Man's lists on hsreplay are all sub 50%...

The N'Zoth list Dog was running last night has a 47% win rate, so maybe we just haven't found it yet... it's a bump up from the infinite Giants which is a 30% win rate deck.

--

I refuse to believe Jade Druid is the be-all-end-all of this expansion. Another Control list with Geist & infinite value will emerge. Control Paladin is already a decent counter, but that's about it.

--

I'm also sad Elemental Mage sucks.. seemed like a fun deck to play.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I feel like there's gotta be a Dead Man's list that actually performs well. I cannot believe Warrior is just Pirates still. The Dead Man's lists on hsreplay are all sub 50%...

The N'Zoth list Dog was running last night has a 47% win rate, so maybe we just haven't found it yet... it's a bump up from the infinite Giants which is a 30% win rate deck.

--

I refuse to believe Jade Druid is the be-all-end-all of this expansion. Another Control list with Geist & infinite value will emerge. Control Paladin is already a decent counter, but that's about it.

--

Elemental Mage isn't terrible, but its too slow. I just don't think the Mage deck has emerged yet. I thought a burn version of mage could be viable, but there is just so much goddamn armour in the set. The comebacks are real.

I have been fucking around with trick decks...I'll get serious later in the season. Here is one I've been loving, but isn't that great.

### Uther Trap
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (3) Aldor Peacekeeper
# 1x (3) Auctionmaster Beardo
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 1x (3) Wickerflame Burnbristle
# 1x (4) Arfus
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 2x (5) Burgly Bully
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
# 1x (6) The Black Knight
# 1x (7) Bonemare
# 1x (8) Lay on Hands
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) Ragnaros, Lightlord
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
# 1x (9) Uther of the Ebon Blade
#
AAECAYsWDNIE+gb4DOauAp29Ary9ArnBAsnHAqbOAsLOAo7TArbiAgmKAdwD9AXPBvYHjwn6vwKbwgKIxwIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Elemental Mage isn't terrible, but its too slow. I just don't think the Mage deck has emerged yet. I thought a burn version of mage could be viable, but there is just so much goddamn armour in the set. The comebacks are real.

I have been fucking around with trick decks...I'll get serious later in the season. Here is one I've been loving, but isn't that great.

### Uther Trap
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer
# 2x (3) Aldor Peacekeeper
# 1x (3) Auctionmaster Beardo
# 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
# 1x (3) Wickerflame Burnbristle
# 1x (4) Arfus
# 2x (4) Consecration
# 2x (4) Truesilver Champion
# 2x (5) Burgly Bully
# 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
# 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
# 1x (7) Bonemare
# 1x (8) Lay on Hands
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) Ragnaros, Lightlord
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
# 1x (9) Uther of the Ebon Blade
#
AAECAYsWDNIE+gb4DOauAp29Ary9ArnBAsnHAqbOAsLOAo7TArbiAgmKAdwD9AXPBvYHjwn6vwKbwgKIxwIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Thijs has been streaming a similar Exodia list for a couple days now, he's been losing rank, from ~500 legend to 1400 or so.
Like you said, pulling it off is fun as hell, but definitely not very competitive.

Trick decks are the most fun for sure, most fun I had so far was with Barnes/Y'Shaarj in a Pally list. Was certainly bad but I had some laughs.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

--

--

I really think this expansion just gave Druid way too many tools. Jade Druid has a lot more ability to defend the board and even with Geist they'll get a lot of jades out. Aggro has more ways to flood and buff the board and DK provides a ton of value. No reason for any druid deck not to at least run DK.

Swarming Plague is just a completely fucking retarded value card that punishes you WAY too much for having a board.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I really think this expansion just gave Druid way too many tools. Jade Druid has a lot more ability to defend the board and even with Geist they'll get a lot of jades out. Aggro has more ways to flood and buff the board and DK provides a ton of value. No reason for any druid deck not to at least run DK.

Swarming Plague is just a completely fucking retarded value card that punishes you WAY too much for having a board.

Just randomly put on Zalae's stream and he just hit Rank 1 with Jade Druid which has BGH, Spellbreaker, Black Knight and Kun.

The only Problem with Druid is Infestation 100%, the Plague card helps them survive but it all stems from Ultimate Infestation. What the card allows is for Druid to cut so many utility cards and replace them with other utility cards (spellbreaker/Black Knight/BGH/Plague).

This is because Druid can afford to lose spells now (Earthen Scales/Feral Rage/Etc) since they don't run Auctioneer anymore. They can now put in minion utility which has added benefit of contesting board.

Infestation draws 5 cards which is average or above your typical Auctioneer turn anyway. It gives 5 armor which is what Earthen Scales+Auctioneer did. It gives a 5/5 body which is equal to Auctioneer+Scales. It does 5 damage which is a bonus to everything else.
The spell is just stupidly strong, and everyone pretty much knew this when it was revealed.
Because of all this, Druid can also use Nourish as Ramp much more often too.

TL;DR: Infestation is 1 card which allows Druid to cut 4-6 other cards and replace them with better or more versatile stuff.

I still refuse to believe there isn't a deck that can compete. As mentioned, Control Paladin is good (with Geist), and I think other Control decks with Geist might become relevant. Aggro is still a major threat, even though Plague does exist.

I wouldn't be sad if Infestation was nerfed though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Ravishing totally correct on this.

The problem is 100 percent infestation.

You can pretty much use nourish for ramp every single time now. You can fit bonemare, TBK, or w/e the fuck you want really in spots you didn't have before.

I don't know how you balance that from here without nerfing the shit out of infestation.

• 1Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Ok...Playing the Hearthstone Tourney at GenCon. Lets game out what I should pick for my three decks.

My thoughts were Jade Druid, Murloc Paly, and Warlock. Warrior and Hunter are both thoughts as well.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Ok...Playing the Hearthstone Tourney at GenCon. Lets game out what I should pick for my three decks.

My thoughts were Jade Druid, Murloc Paly, and Warlock. Warrior and Hunter are both thoughts as well.

What's the format?
Tournament strategy generally revolves around hard countering a prominent deck, this mainly applies to Conquest where you use every deck, if it's a King of the Hill style (you keep using same deck till you lose), then strategy differs.

If you know Jade is going to be in every deck, you could try an anti-Jade lineup with Geist tech'd into every deck and/or a more aggro style lineup, but then you might lose to an anti-aggro lineup.

If you want to counter Aggro then you can tech in Crabs/Doomsayers/taunts etc.

From playing a bunch of the online tournaments, some Aggro lineups tend to luck their way pretty far, but it always seems like a 3-Control lineup with tech choices to counter "whatever" win the most. My 1 win was using a 3-Control lineup with tech against Aggro Druid specifically.

You also need to have a ban strategy (if there are bans, maybe there aren't at GenCon?).
Ban strategy can get rid of a deck you feel hard counters you the most.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Opened a Valera the Hollow so back to miracle rogue. Had a Kun into Kun into tyrantus turn.

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Worf

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got legend with :
Currently running:

### Control
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Hydrologist
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer...
This deck is NASTY.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
God damn Raza Priest is the most faggot deck to play against ever made. I can't fucking stand Raza DK Priest games at all.

• 1Salty

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got legend with :
Currently running:

### Control
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Equality
# 2x (2) Hydrologist
# 2x (2) Wild Pyromancer...
This deck is NASTY.

I don't play much more than Daily quests, but I have gone from rank 18 down to rank 11, Un-Fucking-Defeated with this deck.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't run into many control paladins, but then again I do run into a lot of priests so that may be why.

God damn Raza Priest is the most faggot deck to play against ever made. I can't fucking stand Raza DK Priest games at all.
Yeah, if the priest gets raza and anduin around or pre-turn 10 its pretty disgusting adding deal 2 damage to target creature or player to every card for the remainder of the game. And its still pretty hard to burn one down even if they play anduin early, just finished a game against tempo warrior that had me down to 6 health and I was at 30 2 turns later.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Was watching RDU earlier, I've always loved his decks, he refined the Quest Rogue deck last expansion to where most people used his versions.

So today he made a Raza Priest list that is super strong, I'm not sure what beats it because he won like 10 in a row or something crazy before logging off. I just played 2 games against murloc paladin and won easily.

It's a bit different from others in that it has Velen and doesn't use a lot of the utility cards(no thoughtsteal/servitude/mind control/etc) also no Lich King/Obsidian Statue, etc, like other versions.

The list:

### RDU
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (0) Silence
# 1x (1) Crystalline Oracle
# 1x (1) Holy Smite
# 1x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 1x (1) Pint-Size Potion
# 1x (1) Potion of Madness
# 1x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Doomsayer
# 1x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 1x (2) Novice Engineer
# 1x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 1x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (2) Spirit Lash
# 1x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 1x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Mass Dispel
# 1x (4) Priest of the Feast
# 1x (4) Shadow Word: Horror
# 1x (5) Burgly Bully
# 1x (5) Holy Nova
# 1x (5) Lyra the Sunshard
# 1x (5) Raza the Chained
# 1x (6) Dragonfire Potion
# 1x (7) Prophet Velen
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
#
AAECAZ/HAh4JigH7AZcCnALlBO0FyQalCdMK1grXCvIM+Az7DKGsApK0AoO7ArW7Ati7Aui/Auq/Avq/AtHBAtXBAtjBAsrDAr7IAvDPApDTAgAA
#

• 2Like