Hearthstone

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It's really not that hard to get cards, you don't use that many in a set. 4 expansions a year would change the game up at a good pace, keeping it fresh

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider

This is what I do. I never spend money on expansions (except for GvG when I spent like $10) but if you get decent at arena you end up getting alot of cards. Since this expansion I have gotten 5 legendaries and enough dust to craft another 2 or 3 from arena.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Great point. It's getting harder and harder to get the cards needed to make top decks. So lets shorten the release cycle because we really suck at making a fun, balanced game. Honestly, they test so poorly and so little, do we really want them releasing half assed shit even quicker? I

Expansion announcement Nov3rd means release in December I'm guessing. So ~2.5 months to collect gold.
should be able to get 5k or so in that time.
Just doing quests every day with an average 50gold/day * 75 days = 3,750 gold.
Add in the perks they do leading up to expansion and the 10g/win

Won't be close to the 10K I had for Frozen Throne, but that's cause I was playing a shitload and started saving early.

$50 for expansion promo + 5K or more gold is 100 packs which seems to be about the sweet spot for me to play almost anything I want.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I haven't spent a dime on hearthstone and doubt I ever will, maybe that's why I don't get to enjoy it. I never have all the cards to go pure net deck cheese and that's all there ever is. The current priest deck out there is pure cancer but then again so have many decks over the games history. That's why the only game mode that I tend to enjoy is Arena but that can be frustrating as well because it feels like 90% of that is if you get good drafts. There are also the times you thing you have a decent deck and you run into insane shit at 0-2 which blows my mind.

I want to enjoy this game but it's hard to honestly, I think it's the lack of interaction or counter play at times. Quest Warrior and this current priest are great examples the power creep is out of fucking hand but often you literally can't do anything to counter these decks. Given how much the same 5 decks get played you would think they would add some counters to them or adjust cards more often than they do.

I log in once or twice a week play the brawl for the free pack do the quests and bounce because any prolonged play just starts to eat away at my sanity.

• 2Like

Sulrn

Deuces
I haven't spent a dime on hearthstone and doubt I ever will, maybe that's why I don't get to enjoy it. I never have all the cards to go pure net deck cheese and that's all there ever is. The current priest deck out there is pure cancer but then again so have many decks over the games history. That's why the only game mode that I tend to enjoy is Arena but that can be frustrating as well because it feels like 90% of that is if you get good drafts. There are also the times you thing you have a decent deck and you run into insane shit at 0-2 which blows my mind.

I want to enjoy this game but it's hard to honestly, I think it's the lack of interaction or counter play at times. Quest Warrior and this current priest are great examples the power creep is out of fucking hand but often you literally can't do anything to counter these decks. Given how much the same 5 decks get played you would think they would add some counters to them or adjust cards more often than they do.

I log in once or twice a week play the brawl for the free pack do the quests and bounce because any prolonged play just starts to eat away at my sanity.

I grew up playing M:TG, dabbled in others, and the only time I ever had fun playing Heartstone was arena. You're right though, it is all about whether or not you get good drafts - but you're missing out on recognizing how it's also about recognizing good drafts and deck building. The addon/app that ranks cards during the draft though I think ruins a lot of the fun of the skill gap though.

Did they ever add mini/alternate ranking around the arena system or is Blizzard still not capitalizing on draft-tournament popularity?

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

Yea so.... Free to play just seems very very frustrating in this game. Even if it was the old format with Adventures in the mix, saving the gold to buy an adventure wing isn't very exciting considering how poor the value.

I can understand why the game would be so frustrating, most excitement for me is to play new shit before meta is figured out, if I was FTP only I'd be terribly annoyed. It's waiting for the meta to settle to decide what to craft, but then the excitement is pretty much gone and you only see the same 3-5 decks. Ugh.

First Month is always the best for variety.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah first month is by far the best but to add variety and 'balance', they bring in some broken shit every expansion. Priest, new rogue. and jade will always be poor choices for a fun matchup. They need a true tournament mode. Arena has lots of issues. The power swing if you get a DK or pally legendary is immense.

The game just boils down to if you have the almost broken deck or card and then the rng of who gets there first. I'm enjoying a Benedictus variant but I know it's only fun for me. I shouldn't be able to mow down an opposing board with just the interaction of playing cards and my hero power.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
So innervate has made it's way back into Jade Druid
I haven't played much, but did it actually leave Druid? I haven't played against a Jade Druid yet.

Is there some new Jade Druid deck doing good? It was Tier2 last VS report with 51% win rate.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
A variety of Jade Druids are top win rate in Legend through 5 last 30 days

Hearthstone Decks - HSReplay.net

Not huge sample size, but usually relevant

I have a Premium sub for HSReplay, here's the last 7 days, Rank 1-5, with Druid decks featuring Jade Idol (none have innervate):

jade.JPG

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Last 7 days is bad sample size for that rank because season reset. Look at last 30.

It was also common at rat race last weekend. As well as coin in tempo rogue

• 1Like