Hearthstone

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I had 90% Win Rate as Mage vs Druid last season, according to Blizzard email. Interesting. Also had an 11 game win streak in there somewhere

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Qwirb

Silver Knight of the Realm
I had 90% Win Rate as Mage vs Druid last season, according to Blizzard email. Interesting. Also had an 11 game win streak in there somewhere

What mage deck were you playing? Everything I’ve tried with mage has felt pretty bad lately.

• 1Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I know it's an unpopular opinion but couldn't they limit legendaries per deck to avoid a fair amount of this cheese shit. Every game is either broken faggot priest, or broken shaman. It's unfun to play against the shit because there are no decent counters. What happened to the rock paper scissors shit?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I know it's an unpopular opinion but couldn't they limit legendaries per deck to avoid a fair amount of this cheese shit. Every game is either broken faggot priest, or broken shaman. It's unfun to play against the shit because there are no decent counters. What happened to the rock paper scissors shit?

It is a form of rock, paper , scissors but the decks are broken. Their design team just doesn't test worth a fuck and are obviously terrible players.

Priest is control but they never learned that providing something for free always ends up broken. It's not like Emperor didn't show that for a very long time. You really just need to get the two cards and survive the early game and it's close to a free win. I keep my combo pieces every game and it usually turns into...win.

Kelesith is broken as fuck as the aggro part. If rogue gets him early, almost guaranteed win. The pally buff deck wasn't broken enough so they made a card that completely unbalances their stat distribution. Sounds smart. Over stated minions has been a problem since at least aggro shaman but they can't learn. Not to mention Kelesith is good enough to bring Zoo back, and give pally another go at aggro. Rng based results are always a blast!

Finally, shammy is a great example of mid-range gone crazy. Geist helps slow it down but it's ridiculous that evolve was ever printed. Let's give shammy a turn 5 play where they get three 6 cost minions one turn early. Fucking amazing foresight. You also have druid where a 1 mana spell can drop a 10/10 creature and extend the game forever. These dumb fucks just aren't good enough.

I think the meta is fine just because they've never gotten it right and there are a fairly large variety of decks now that druid got raped. I've actually faced a lot of different classes and decks so far this month up to rank 8. It's still maddening that rng is still the primary factor in winning and time invested is the main trail to legend. I don;t know how the pros handle skill being a smaller part of the equation.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>

I don't know if that would help deck diversity, but it would help the pay to win problem in this game. Which is why they'll never do it.

Seriously, this game costs a ton since they started printing legendary aggro cards and making good decks take like 4 class legendaries each.

Also, is evolve shaman really an issue? It's ok, not great IMO. For every time you get a crazy good evolved minion, you'll get that 6 mana 1/1 goblin. Or sometimes even the 2/2 deal 5 damage to yourself deathrattle. Sure it's RNG, but's really hit or miss RNG. Prince Rogue and Razakus Priest are way more of a problem. You could easily fix Razakus priest by making Shadowreaper cancel the Raza effect. Keleseth Rogue, I'm not sure on... nerf Shadowstep maybe? Dunno.

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
You guys keep trying to solve the wrong problem.

Single decks are not the problem, never have been.
Single cards CAN be a problem.. and have been.

However, the staleness and shittyness you run in to is typically just fatigue. Meta fatigue. Netdecking. Lack of strategy and forethought.

The ladder system is stupid. It's the dumbest system to exist in this game.

You need to inject THINKING into the game, if you want to rank up and win then you're going to netdeck and the only thought you have is "which deck has the highest win rate vs the current decks i'm seeing".

That's it.

Tournaments, or even an advanced ladder system that has rounds and deck bans could go a long way.
Like "Bring 3 decks, Ban 1, Bo1".
So you see 3 opponent decks, you can ban 1 out, then you each choose 1 deck of the remaining 2.. you still only play 1 match so as to not be heavily invested (time-wise), but now you've injected some serious strategy into the game.

I'm hesitant to believe the meta is all that shitty right now. Pre-nerfs was worse. This is decent. But we're in the "lull" period of the game. Pros don't care anymore because it's "off-season", so deck innovations are lax, and casuals that netdeck witness this, and also just meta-fatigue due to it being month (3?), already.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
I am not sure what the overall problem is or how to fix it but one thing is certain this game is gayer than 8 dudes blowing 9 dudes in a truck stop bathroom.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I am not sure what the overall problem is or how to fix it but one thing is certain this game is gayer than 8 dudes blowing 9 dudes in a truck stop bathroom.
I'll partially agree with your earlier point...
Don't limit Legendaries... but pricing should get looked at. I'm not one to really complain, I usually save enough gold + spend the $50 (almost didn't once, might come a day I don't.)

But last 2 expansions have had many more Legendaries, and with 3/yr now, the game IS much more expensive. This is bad news for casuals.. even people that are less casual (play almost daily). I think in 1-2 more expansions it's really going to come to a breaking point, where you see a lot of people just unwilling to keep up anymore.

They have increased "perks" for free packs pre-expansions, but I think it still needs to be more to be able to keep up.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
It is expensive but the game has issues when after 3 months people are burned out. I would love a lock out option and 'Gasp!', some kind of tournament mode after 4 years. I just can't see serious competitive play when they still push rng so hard. Sure, highly paid and visible players will still go to tourneys to make some extra cash off the game but results are just as much which random legendary you draw as any other factor if not more so. I really hate that drawing a Kelesith really changes the balance of a match. I really hate that priest wins are cognizant on if you have the time to draw a 2 card combo. I hate that shammy can play a two card combo on turn 5 and end the game. It feels great when you pull out some great play and win an almost impossible match with priest but it probably should have been impossible. Should the game be based on who draws their power card or combo first? Just doesn't seem very competitive except in rare instances.

• 1Like

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
Important contextual question - in the "Dudes blowing dudes in a truck stop bathroom" scale, is it more or less gay for 7 dudes to blow 9 dudes, or 10 dudes to blow 9 dudes?

• 1Smuggly