Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Golden Monkey statue is in the trailer. Probably still my favorite card ever, hopefully they bring it back in some way.

Priest weapon seems good, goes with DK Anduin.

Marin is win more, too expensive, depends what the other Treasures are, but 8 mana 6/6 is not good. Lich King offers so much more for 8 mana. I doubt Marin's cards will be as good, and the work to get them is so much more.

Edit:

From the website: Kobolds and Catacombs

1.JPG

The weapon is good because it's cheap.

"Recruit" can be dangerous, or just shit. It can be random, like this Warrior card, or it'll pull specific cards matching certain criteria. It "Summons" which means you won't get Battlecry effects. The most dangerous will be if this is attached to minions, or is on a cheap package (like a Pirate!). Technically every pirate has "Recruit" for patches lol.

So it'll either be dog shit cause they learned how dangerous free minions are, or it'll be way OP because they didn't learn.

Hunter card is so expensive. Looks terrible. 1x Deadly Shot is about all you can afford in a Hunter Deck.

I can't see Marin working in a competitive deck at all. But seems fun.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
More on Hearthpwn, lots of text I don't understand yet:

"Gains a bonus effect in your hand"
"Gain 3 armor to upgrade"
"Overload 3 mana to upgrade"
"Add the First Seal to your hand"

Can't really judge much atm.

2.JPG
3.JPG

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The cube could be real interesting in a rogue deck. Am I understanding the weapon that draws 3 cards at the end of a turn?? I am not sure how this is bad?? You do lose a turn to cast it at turn 6 but if a player has good control of the board, it would be worth it. If weapons are neutral, Jade Druid just got another friend.

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think the whole "do X to upgrade" is similar to some other games, basically when it's in your hand, if you do x, it becomes a stronger version of the card. Can have several upgrades too. The First Seal could be anything, could be an upgradeable spell or just a normal spell, need to see the card. Unid elixir might give you the upgrade mechanic when it's played for other cards in your hand? Kinda unclear.

Aluneth looks weird. On one hand, if you have another weapon to cancel it, it looks OP as fuck. If you don't though, you're just going to mill yourself to shit since you can't attack with it. Could be funny in a low cost deck though where you just vomit your hand every turn and keep drawing 4cards a turn, as long as you have enough damage potential. Probably shit minions+buffs+direct nukes, even the not so efficient cards, but then you're building entirely around drawing the weapon. Warrior aggro maybe with that spell that lets you draw weapons.

• 1Like

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
The cube could be real interesting in a rogue deck. Am I understanding the weapon that draws 3 cards at the end of a turn?? I am not sure how this is bad?? You do lose a turn to cast it at turn 6 but if a player has good control of the board, it would be worth it. If weapons are neutral, Jade Druid just got another friend.

I think the problem with the weapon is that you'll mill yourself super fast. It's great for Mage combo decks though, where you want to draw your entire deck asap to win.

Most of the time I think it's a bit of a trap though, unless there's a new card that lets you destroy it, or if you play Medivh or something.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Warlock legendary gives you demons that cost more and get stronger until final is a 10/10 that destroys opponent deck....

Super slow card... but interesting. Probably way too slow to work

• 2Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Here's the details on Warlock Legendary:

Warlock legendary minion: Rin, the First Disciple • r/hearthstone

6 mana 3/6 Taunt: Add the First Seal to your hand

First seal. 5 mana spell: Summon a 2/2 Demon and add the Second Seal to your hand

Second seal: Same but 3/3 Demon etc.

Third seal: Same but 4/4 Demon etc.

Fourth seal: Same but 5/5 demon etc.

The Final Seal: Summon a 6/6 Demon and add Azari, the Devourer to your hand

Azari, the Devourer: 10 mana 10/10. Battlecry: Destroy your opponent's deck

display

------

In total:

41 Mana to
Summon a 3/6 with Taunt
Summon a 2/2, 3/3, 4/4, 5/5, 6/6, 10/10
Destroy Opponent Deck

Ridiculously expensive vanilla stat minions
Ridiculously slow.
The Legendary can be silenced or even stolen (pint size+potion of madness+pain, which is in a lot of DK priest decks already).

Maybe finds a way into a very slow control deck with Medivh.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
Maybe it'll give more late game options to zoo? I mean if you're at 6 mana and you have board control against a control deck it'd give you constant minions to summon with the eventual win condition.

Other than that, I have no idea. It won't fit into handlock and discolock is terrible anyway.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Zoo isn't spending 5 mana each for a 2/2,3/3,4/4.

It'd have to be a super slow reactive deck that usually taps & passes if they can't use a removal spell. Like the DK deck that has Medivh and 2x Twisting & shit. It MIGHT work only because you usually have dead turns anyways.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Weapons with end off turn effects probably lose durability when the effect triggers
Shouldn't it say on the card though? I mean losing durability at the end of the turn isn't a normal mechanic, and there's no tag for it and it doesn't say, that sounds super confusing, unless the weapons come from a spell that specifies that.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Nah, Medivh weapon loses a charge without telling you it does. If the weapon is activated it'll lose a charge

edit: actually just looked and Atiesh DOES say it loses 1 durability, lol, never noticed, but I think it's implied anyways... simply due to it having 3 durability

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity