Hearthstone

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
A tavern at Dreamhack is cancelled because blizzard requires you to be on same wifi network now to prevent spoofing. No wifi is being offered or something, so they cancelled it since noone will get her.

So you probably can't spoof anymore.

Even if still possible, I wasn't planning to get her. If any hoops are required more than playing the game, I don't bother.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Got her first time from Paris server thats doing the rounds. Had a few attempts on other places that didnt work out.

Really stupid event tbh

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
dual hero arenas are pretty crazy. Big variance in how good a deck can be. Had a ridiculous rogue/warlock deck that went 11 wins. Every removal you could think of (2x defile, abyssal, assasinate, evis, despicable dreadlord, etc..) tons of card advantage (2x swashburglar, chittering, lock hero power) plus bloodreaver guldan to grind out games. But, Ive also had some pretty bad decks that just had no curve at all. Good cards, but would get run over early.
Still, it's fun for the moment. Maybe the novelty just hasn't worn off yet, but I've done about 4 runs so far and enjoyed them all. Even the 1-3 run, sort of.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I couldn't imagine playing Arena right now. The amount of crazy game deciding cards I saw in every match blew my mind. Multiple legends, including DKs. Glad they gave me some free arenas because there's no way i'd waste the gold. Having two classes pool resources may have upped the crazy but from what I've seen, it's not too far off. Blizzard needs more modes since they are pushing people to physically meet each other in a...digital card game.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I mean.. it IS crazy and somewhat high variance.. but not much more then normal arena. Maybe I've just been lucky so far, but if you pick the right classes you can get a clearly defined strategy for what your deck wants to do.
Like, mage/lock gave me tons of removal and board clears. So, I wanted my opponent to play out a couple creatures and just clear them before I really committed to the board.
In normal arena, it's not always clear what your game plan is, as it depends on what your opponent can do. When to go face or trade, when to play a big minion or spread out.. I suppose it's just partially how I play, I prefer decks that are super focused on doing something. Either very aggro or very control/attrition, not decks in between. With dual classes, you can get those kinds of decks more often, in my experience so far (bout 6-7 runs)

• 2Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
I will admit it was crazy to play someone who had TWO deathknights.. and I had even grinded through the first one (uther), but the 2nd one being anduin when I had 3 minions out with 5+ attack was aggravating. I was figuring he had dragonfire potion, so I had cobalt scalebane out, an 8/4 deathspeaker and played out a bone drake to make dragonfire even worse. Anduin swung it back to even, but then he grinded me out over 6 turns with his hero power.
However, the power level of my deck made it possible for me to get through that first DK, and in normal arena that would have been unlikely.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This Arena system just exacerbates the problem with random. It seems like a nice idea but they really needed to put some guidelines down to control the extremes. One simple example would be to limit any discover ability to not find legendary cards. Also the Arena could control the kind of cards every person gets to build a deck with. 1 Legendary, 2 Epics, 6 rares, and the rest commons as an example. I do not understand how they think the game is fun when you play against an opponent that got extremely lucky draws. It would be like playing Spades and your team getting one spade, while your opposing team holds the rest of them. You might get away with laying down one ace or two but chances are they are going to creme you that round. I keep hearing the system is fair because every player will get a draw similar in power eventually. I have yet to see a draw like some of the opponents I have played and I have certainly faced a lot of those kinds of synergetic decks.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
These are the same people that just made a pirate deck in brawl with things that buff weapons and didn't put any weapons in the deck. They are years past the point of caring.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
eh.. there's fiery war axe and upgrade at the very least. I only played through it once, but I got both of those. Think there is arcanite reaper as well? Not sure.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
This Arena system just exacerbates the problem with random. It seems like a nice idea but they really needed to put some guidelines down to control the extremes. One simple example would be to limit any discover ability to not find legendary cards. Also the Arena could control the kind of cards every person gets to build a deck with. 1 Legendary, 2 Epics, 6 rares, and the rest commons as an example. I do not understand how they think the game is fun when you play against an opponent that got extremely lucky draws. It would be like playing Spades and your team getting one spade, while your opposing team holds the rest of them. You might get away with laying down one ace or two but chances are they are going to creme you that round. I keep hearing the system is fair because every player will get a draw similar in power eventually. I have yet to see a draw like some of the opponents I have played and I have certainly faced a lot of those kinds of synergetic decks.

Exactly. With MtG, draft provides everyone with 3 chances to get something amazing. Even if you don't, good drafters can win against power cards depending on build, luck, and skill. Even sealed has some skill in making your deck. There is no skill needed with 2 DKs. The guy with two legendaries has a massive advantage over the guy with zero. Hell, the RnG alone(especially with discover), makes it impossible to predict what certain results will be. Like Kripp and other pros have mentioned a million times, the biggest problems are ;Blizzard doesn't fix shit until way too late, they don't test anything, and they like random too much. It's frustrating because the game has some really awesome parts.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Exactly. With MtG, draft provides everyone with 3 chances to get something amazing. Even if you don't, good drafters can win against power cards depending on build, luck, and skill. Even sealed has some skill in making your deck. There is no skill needed with 2 DKs. The guy with two legendaries has a massive advantage over the guy with zero. Hell, the RnG alone(especially with discover), makes it impossible to predict what certain results will be. Like Kripp and other pros have mentioned a million times, the biggest problems are ;Blizzard doesn't fix shit until way too late, they don't test anything, and they like random too much. It's frustrating because the game has some really awesome parts.

Occasionally losing to legendaries in arena have absolutely nothing on fucking Bonemare and how literally everything revolves around how much of that card you get to draw/draft. Or how Standard would be 100% Bonemare decks if it wasn't for highlander gimmicks.

• 2Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Omni/Zalae is pretty goddamn good. Watching his stream between DOTA matches. He doesn't always talk, but if he does, it is usually fairly insightful.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Zalae ike and hafu are the only people i sub to on twitch. I think they are all really good and entertaining.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Occasionally losing to legendaries in arena have absolutely nothing on fucking Bonemare and how literally everything revolves around how much of that card you get to draw/draft. Or how Standard would be 100% Bonemare decks if it wasn't for highlander gimmicks.

True, good point, just like keeping Vicious Fledgling in Arena for so long was many times an instant loss for the opposing player. To further illustrate the problem you mention, I've seen highlander decks use Bonemare. Not optimal, but just another extremely powerful card people will try to fit in anywhere. As I said, Blizzard does no extensive testing for this game. When they mentioned that Pirate Warrior would be a surprisingly powerful deck before that expansion released, it shows they have some clue of interactions but are unwilling to spend the time, money, or effort to truly test the implications of their shitty designs.

This game is extremely fun for the first month of an expansion. Two months in, all the pros have found the broken mechanics and cards for that set and we get 4-6 months of garbage tier until they discover the new broken mechanics for another round of deja-vu. Three sets a year was the right decision even if it is getting expensive.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
A lot of the issues with this game get exacerbated by the structure of ladder. Especially from a 'fun' perspective. In a tournament setting, you have a rough idea of whats in an opponent's deck, if not an exact list, and can run some cards to counter that strategy.
In ladder and arena, it's such a free for all that you are literally just making educated guesses all the time.

I REALLY wish they would change arena to a draft/sealed hybrid style. Pick 35 or 40 cards, then cut some till you get down to 30. You could gamble on a few 'synergy' picks in the hopes you get the cards to support it. If you don't, you cut those cards. The power level and consistency of all the decks would go up, but the difference between the worst and best deck would be smaller. If the power level goes up evenly across the board, it's irrelevant. You'd have less situations where you literally don't have a chance to win.

Decks would be more likely to include certain effects, such as a hard removal, a board clear, etc.. that you then plan for. Now, you might play around a hard removal, but there's a decent chance they didn't even get offered one during draft. Instead, you go wide and run into the one AE they did get. Your own options go up, so that you aren't put into as many situations where you are forced to hope they just 'don't have it'.

• 2Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Exodia vs. Exodia

I draw a random Fireland's Portal, play it, summons Hydra... ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?

I die to burn+pinging my hydra. FML

• 1Picard
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nothing is quite as fun as casting volcano against a hydra. Just ends the game. I have done that both on ladder and in arena.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
so.. I guess I just got above average luck for the first 7 drafts I did, and now I'm getting the other end of it. Last 4-5 runs have all been under 5 wins, 2 of them just being 2 wins.
One game my opponent had 2 firelands portals, malfurion, jaina, lich king, swipe, and starfall that I somehow maneuvered through all of. Had him on the ropes, he's out of cards, I was up 2 cards, with a 5/5 against his empty board, then he casts ultimate infestation to remove my 5/5 and own me on card advantage. He won a few turns later. Unbelievable deck, and this was at 2-2! That deck likely lost twice before me!

• 1Like