Hearthstone

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
sonya-shadowdancer.png

Looks like an easy enabler for quest rogue if drawn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
LOL:

636470356703210814.png
636470360507361578.png

try to make the shittiest deck to give to your opponent? Looks like a fun card, especially in an archbishop deck

edit: Apparently the Ransom card is added to their hand, which changes things... actually might make it better / more playable.

You drop a 5/5 for 8 but are basically forcing your opponent to spend 5 mana to get their deck back, essentially skipping 1/2 their turn.

Was hoping you'd just shuffle the ransom into the deck. It would be hilarious trying to find out how to construct the shittiest deck to get to an 8 mana turn without being so far behind you just instantly lose to everything.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
sonya-shadowdancer.png

Looks like an easy enabler for quest rogue if drawn.

This with Charge minions is crazy. I forsee a nerf.

How would the order of application work of this making a 1/1, and the Quest making 5/5's?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
This with Charge minions is crazy. I forsee a nerf.

How would the order of application work of this making a 1/1, and the Quest making 5/5's?
1/1 turns into 5/5 on board... this card and the other bounce card seem to be hinting toward the return of quest rogue, especially if aggro is weakened

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
uhh.. man, they are really going after the memes with this xpac it seems. King Togswaggerler, Marin and this.. Plus, the other random spell/minion effects in general.

I don't know if I'm just vastly different then the average user, or Blizz is mis-interpreting their data. On reddit, or any forum, it's always people complaining about too much RNG, never people asking for more, but I know some of the most popular Tavern Brawls are ones that are super RNG based. I'm guessing they see "RNG = more people playing" and keep pushing in that direction. When the truth of the matter is that it's a faustian bargain. RNG is fun in the short term, especially when it favors you, but creates a downward spiral of enjoyment of the game. The RNG brawls are popular because they are often quick, you win one without even trying at some point, and then you chase that OP situation a few more times. If you are on the bad end of things a few times in a row, however, it makes you want to throw your mouse and you log out of the game.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Valishar

Molten Core Raider
This card is powerful, but I'm not sure it fits in any deck right now. Obviously I was thinking mage but most mage decks run a lot of spells (a deck which just ran blizzard and flamestrike would make this guy nuts), the only mage deck which was spell light was mech mage and that's a two year old deck.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
This card is powerful, but I'm not sure it fits in any deck right now. Obviously I was thinking mage but most mage decks run a lot of spells (a deck which just ran blizzard and flamestrike would make this guy nuts), the only mage deck which was spell light was mech mage and that's a two year old deck.

The body is kind of shitty for 8 mana but if mage is running 2x Frost/2x Bliz/2x Flamestrike/2x Fireball its going to certainly bring some value when played even if it plays an inopportune card.

• 1Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
The problem is what if the frostbolt/firebal hits your own minion? I don't see this being good enough, consistently enough, unless you only have flamestrike/blizzard style spells and that sounds like a terrible deck. Mage deck that wants to get to 8 mana to clear opponent's board? and it isn't a control deck cause it can't run a ton of spells.. What does that even look like?
I can't even think of other good spells that won't target your own minions sometimes.. Consecration in paladin? He becomes a shitty primordial drake, then.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Before commenting I had to confirm if it removed the spell from deck, and it does. I think if it casted a copy, this card might find niche play, but otherwise it's probably too detrimental to play.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seems like it might be a good fit with a deck that goes heavy secrets. Since they don't target while being cast (as well as other non-secrets that don't have a target choice (i.e. Arcane Knowledge))

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Getting 11 per IB might be worth it though too, no?

Weakness with IB is it doesn't protect against spells or hero powers prior to it triggering.

However, key thing to note is this card paves the way for Ice Block to get HOF'd. So barrier will still be played, but while block exists, I think this replaces barrier... also it's an elemental which can be relevant, and it's a1 drop that basically has taunt, so only need to get 6 armor to match Barrier.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Does this card bring itself back? It does not say other on it. I guess friendly implies other yet is opposite of enemy.

You're right, yes if you play a copy while on board. This expansion seems to want to push shenanigans. I like the concept but this game isn't really FTP anymore so I'm not sure how happy I would be to pull 8 Grand Artificers on opening day lol. They already had to give away Marin because it's utter garbage.

I agree about ice block and it can't come soon enough.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
However, key thing to note is this card paves the way for Ice Block to get HOF'd.

I don't see why they can't change Ice Block into a legendary. If there was ever a secret to become a legendary, it would be that one. It's effect is just a whole different tier from all other secrets.

Lowering the odds of drawing IB, alongside preventing back to back IB's would be enough to lower the bullshit meter on that card.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see why they can't change Ice Block into a legendary. If there was ever a secret to become a legendary, it would be that one. It's effect is just a whole different tier from all other secrets.

Lowering the odds of drawing IB, alongside preventing back to back IB's would be enough to lower the bullshit meter on that card.
Then you run into the dilemma of taking away decks from wild, like handlock. Better to print a new card then change it, at this point.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
I think the card never sees play. The only chance is quest mage, and I still don't see it.

Even if it only survives the turn you play it, being 1 cost playing it alongside a flamestrike/blizzard/firelands portal is a huge gain, and if they can't clear it god forbid, the armor gain could be ridiculous. Freeze decks could abuse it, since they can stall anything but spell removal.

• 1Like