Hearthstone

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Some amusing drama today. Seiko lost a set because he misplayed horrifically (didn't baleful banker Shirvalah back into his deck after playing Shirvalah in a won game).

Apparently he was playing TFT on his phone and not paying attention

Edit: The reddit embed is messed up, but it's an amusing thread. Here is the clip

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Some amusing drama today. Seiko lost a set because he misplayed horrifically (didn't baleful banker Shirvalah back into his deck after playing Shirvalah in a won game).

Apparently he was playing TFT on his phone and not paying attention

Edit: The reddit embed is messed up, but it's an amusing thread. Here is the clip

Funny but this adds some context:

While competing in the HS tournament he was also competing in an Autochess tournament that has a bigger prize pool
He also asked Blizzard to get rescheduled, and also felt he got an ok to play in both from Blizzard.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

Hey y'all,

Our initial response was intended to reflect that scheduling could not be adjusted to accommodate Seiko's request. We didn't intend for him to play directly over a Grandmaster event, and mistakenly understood that Seiko would play the Hearthstone Matches and work this around the other tournament he was participating in. The expectation is that players should be entirely present for their Grandmasters Matches. That being said, we acknowledge and apologize that our response to Seiko obviously engendered confusion and our communication will be more clear in the future. Next week Seiko must be present and play his match or be subject to the rules of missing a match. We expect the absolute best from our players and will continue to strive to bring our viewers the best competitive hearthstone possible week after week.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just honestly don't know what the fuck is going on in Grandmasters. Zalae and Frozen both just threw, but Zalae's throw was after Frozens throw, where he didn't capitalize on the throw and secure a win.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
ya, those last couple turns were weird
Literally just kill the Shirvalah's and it's impossible for you to lose. I don't understand

Edit: It's like people aren't tracking cards (which is even worse, since they are allowed to use deck tracker for this). They just aren't getting the calls right, when they know exactly what is in their opponents deck.

Last edited:

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I like Zalae a lot, him and rdu are the only people i watch stream, buy honestly he's just not in it. He's just really not trying imo. I feel like grandmasters is the golden goose for these guys and they are just throwing it away. I feel like the bottom 4 in each division should get relegated each season, or at least the bottom 2 instead of just last. Have a few ways for people to earn a spot. Make them earn it

• 2Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I ended up pre-ordering this latest solo content not really knowing what it was just because I have been playing this a fair amount lately and its pretty dope. There is some form of progression within it and gives it some replay-ability.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

1000 wins portraits will make me login for a game probably. I think I hit that on at least 3 heroes before I quit the game.

N'Zoth & Ragnaros decks might make me play a couple more.

But overall still done with the game

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I was watching while distracted and didn't understand why they were talking about Hecklebot. Seems like an obvious move though but hey, I might have just hero powered too idk!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I feel super bad for Orange. This happened in Grandmasters today. It's the last week, and they are essentially fighting for relegation in this match. The stream was fucked up, so no one saw this live. You can see the complete and utter life destroying heartbreak.

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
wow, thats rough. I ended up not watching yesterday due to all the issues.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Orange got relegated on the back of that warrior loss. Had he will that game, which it looked like he was, he would still be in

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'd much rather Rase had won over Zalae. Zalae just doesn't care at all.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I like zalae a lot personally. I agree his effort has been lack luster. His post game interview was pretty emotional, he was struggling not to cry. I think the past few weeks with the realization that he might get relegated has got him hard. I think he kind of took it for granted that he was good enough to never have to worry about relegation, and it was a reality check. I feel like he's going to put a lot more effort into the future grandmasters

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Tomorrow is gonna be a weird day of Hearthstone with the new back from the wild cards, particularly the neutral legendaries.