Hearthstone

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have warrior/warlock/shaman at 1k wins and pally at 999 for tomorrow. I’m looking forward to the event. Between this and rise of the mechs last expansion, I like that they are trying to spice up the meta mid expansion.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Yea, this is shit and easily shows China control. I'm done with HS & Blizzard products. The company has fallen hard.

They've gotten to be as bad as P2Win mobile apps.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I had originally assumed there was some sort of contract involved, but then I took the time to click on the IGN article.

"Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard's sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the pulic, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player's prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and BLizzard's Website Terms."

Bet there are plenty of 'offensive' topics he could have ranted about without Blizzard batting an eye.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I had originally assumed there was some sort of contract involved, but then I took the time to click on the IGN article.

Bet there are plenty of 'offensive' topics he could have ranted about without Blizzard batting an eye.
I doubt it, unless you mean criticizing Trump or something, then MAYBE but he'd probably get suspended for a while even then. But if he went on a rant about trannies or black people, he'd get removed entirely just the same.

The move is honestly not very surprising, allienating China would be suicide for them, they'd rather destroy their images in the west than get banned from doing business with China. Like if it was another country they probably would not care as much because while some people might boycott them in said country, they'd still sell, but fuck with the Chinese and the state agencies will just entirely remove you from the market and you simply can't sell anything to anyone anymore, and China is a huge market for Blizzard. You can see how big when they'll just go with that move, which is really bad for their image any way you look at it.

Luckily, it's been a while since Blizzard has released anything worthwhile for me, so I don't care too much.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Absolutely, the whole paragraph translates into “anything that causes us to lose money”

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see an issue with Blizzard doing what they did. You are essentially an employee and acting against that interest can and will get you fired.

EDIT you want to protest China go fucking protest China, don't use your employer as a platform.

Last edited:

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see an issue with Blizzard doing what they did. You are essentially an employee and acting against that interest can and will get you fired.

EDIT you want to protest China go fucking protest China, don't use your employer as a platform.

I agree with this but I think dumping the casters, banning him for a year & censoring everything is going way over the top.
The punishment could have been $ or a warning or something. It's the level of punishment I have issue with.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I'd need to understand what the casters were saying/doing better before saying they weren't complicit with him.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'd need to understand what the casters were saying/doing better before saying they weren't complicit with him.
This was my thought as well. I'm not really surprised about him, the casters does surprise me though, I need a little more context on that. Reddit makes it seem like they egged him on a little

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Bold move, and very harsh consequences, but not surprised. You dont take a knee at a football game without people getting mad bro.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if blizz will have any q&a at the hs panels at blizzcon. It would be a bloodbath in the terms of pr.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
In other news, got a legendary from the free packs, Anka, The Buried. Not sure it will ever see play so eh.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
They throw out some free packs and people will forget about this in a week or two.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>

This is the single most idiotic thing I've ever seen a company do in my lifetime.

How they think this is going to end anyway but bad for them is beyond me. I have zero doubts that Blizzard has no clue how monumentally bad this decision was and what its going to end up costing them. Its nearly impressive how poor the decision making behind this was.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This is the single most idiotic thing I've ever seen a company do in my lifetime.

How they think this is going to end anyway but bad for them is beyond me. I have zero doubts that Blizzard has no clue how monumentally bad this decision was and what its going to end up costing them. Its nearly impressive how poor the decision making behind this was.

Betting it blows over in less than a week.