Hearthstone

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This is the single most idiotic thing I've ever seen a company do in my lifetime.

How they think this is going to end anyway but bad for them is beyond me. I have zero doubts that Blizzard has no clue how monumentally bad this decision was and what its going to end up costing them. Its nearly impressive how poor the decision making behind this was.

Blizzard is so attached to China's tit that they really didn't have an option to do anything else sadly. Their professional Overwatch league has 4 Chinese teams who all paid from $20 to 35 millions dollars for a slot in the league. Imagine if China banned the league, ggs. They have no one else to blame but themselves for this fiasco. I can't wait for the SJW's to find out the Overwatch characters Soldier and Tracer aren't gay in China(and Russia), and that them being "progressive" in the States is a money grab.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They throw out some free packs and people will forget about this in a week or two.

I never even played this game and I’m reading about it on the MSM. So no I think this is going to be bad lol.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I'm not surprised that blizzard finally created a PR nightmare of this magnitude. The signs have been there since the last blizzcon, all it took was the perfect environment and the perfect time.

Blizzcon is going to be hilarious this year.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
This is the single most idiotic thing I've ever seen a company do in my lifetime.

How they think this is going to end anyway but bad for them is beyond me. I have zero doubts that Blizzard has no clue how monumentally bad this decision was and what its going to end up costing them. Its nearly impressive how poor the decision making behind this was.
What did you expect them to do? Deal with fallout in western markets where at worst they just lose some customers, or get their products banned completely in China which is where they make the majority of their money.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So, blizzcon q&a going to just be ion wearing a variety of disguises?

• 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I agree about the punishment being overboard, but I'm not sure what else they could have done. Let him keep the money? Suspend him? With the way GM works he would miss an entire season at minimum so he is essentially not a GM once that happens.

EDIT Kibler's server has achieved meltdown status.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
The only logical thing to do.. you ignore it. Its far more likely to go away and become a nothing burger.
Depends. If CCP actually was in contact with someone and told Blizzard to take action then it would would not have blown over. Not for Blizzard in China at least.

Honestly I think it’s extremely fucking stupid on China’s part more than anything. The crackdown against any mention of support just brought massively more attention to the issue than anything else. I understand their main goal is to prevent any message from being displayed on programming that is available to their own population, but their heavy handed measures just made it even more likely

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Betting it blows over in less than a week.

It normally would except south park primed it in peoples minds to lookout for this behavior so close to the incident and it feeds right into the paranoia of a 1984 system just springing up around them.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Depends. If CCP actually was in contact with someone and told Blizzard to take action then it would would not have blown over. Not for Blizzard in China at least.

Honestly I think it’s extremely fucking stupid on China’s part more than anything. The crackdown against any mention of support just brought massively more attention to the issue than anything else. I understand their main goal is to prevent any message from being displayed on programming that is available to their own population, but their heavy handed measures just made it even more likely

Dude, this is like normal shit for any communist country past or present. Stifle all infos coming in or out. If any uprising happens, squash it with the force of a 1000 tons. Anyone speaks out, he/she disappears, never to be heard from again.

Its kinda counter intuitive if you ask me, since their communist way of life is supposed to be utopia, would you not think to broadcast that utopia all over the world? But we all know why the do it. Because its not utopia and its shit compared to the rest of the free western world.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
no surprise Kibler is set to maximum kiss ass.

I had to stop watching his Twitch stream after the 2016 election. He just can't shut up about Trump and it unwatchable.

Oh, and Hearthstone really started going downhill around the same time.

• 1Solidarity

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
So this is the day that installing the Epic Game Store became a goddamn patriotic activity.

Epic Store record scratch.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah bullshit. He'll fold the instant he gets pushback from Tencent. The dude is retarded if he thinks he can tell a 40% shareholder to go pound sand.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
What control does a 40% shareholder have.

He can do whatever he wants. If Tencent doesn't want the fortnite cash they can sell their share.

Only reason to succumb is if you care a lot about Chinese markets. Doesn't matter if a Chinese entity is shareholder or not in that case.

• 1Like