Hearthstone

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Okay I think they really fucked up with this expansion lol.

Battlecry shaman is like 3x stronger now..

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Okay I think they really fucked up with this expansion lol.

Battlecry shaman is like 3x stronger now..
It’s not surprising that jamming the best cards into an existing t1 deck resulted in a good day 1 deck. It’s going to be interesting to see if Galakrond decks stick around or fall off like cthun decks did.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I'm enjoying galakrond warrior right now. I'm only rank 9 on the ladder but the ladder itself is still about 60% shaman.

All variations of quest shaman galakrond or not.

I've seen very little pirate warrior or any of the other predicted really strong decks. galakrond quest shaman strength is it it can summon minions like nothing else. Turn 7 into an empty board it will spawn 5 minions if they have the quest done. Which can be followed up by an upgraded via quest galakrond even if they invoked nothing.

Last edited:

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
My initial impression on very few games on 2 decks.

Galakrond Pirate Warrior. I think the Pirate package is weak. I think there is a very good agro deck here, but I don't think it includes pirates.

Galakrond Quest Shaman - This will be a thing. I think it will filter back towards what Quest Shaman was before this when control decks start coming online. Right now jamming 4 8/8 rush for 9 mana wins you all the games, that won't always be true.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Control Warrior will be good again. But IDK if Galakron is good as the old Dr. Boom one. To compete with Galakrond Shaman you need a lot of board clear and ability to destroy their shit. The Galakrond stuff like Scion of Ruin, Dragonlancer (3/2 thing that executes if wounded and dragon), Awaken! Seems objectively worse than using devastate, omega obliterator, and brawls to clear the board out.

Guess its still too early though. The only deck I really liked last expansion before the stupid event of 70% evolve quest Shaman idiocy was Highlander Hunter and control warrior. Might be the same this time around.

I straight up played casual mode just to play against other decks than fucking shaman. Which is ridiculous. I'd really like for Handlock to be a thing again.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I was just playing Galakrond shaman and it's strong, haven't tried a quest version yet. Hopefully get to play some more today.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Control Warrior will be good again. But IDK if Galakron is good as the old Dr. Boom one. To compete with Galakrond Shaman you need a lot of board clear and ability to destroy their shit. The Galakrond stuff like Scion of Ruin, Dragonlancer (3/2 thing that executes if wounded and dragon), Awaken! Seems objectively worse than using devastate, omega obliterator, and brawls to clear the board out.

Guess its still too early though. The only deck I really liked last expansion before the stupid event of 70% evolve quest Shaman idiocy was Highlander Hunter and control warrior. Might be the same this time around.

I straight up played casual mode just to play against other decks than fucking shaman. Which is ridiculous. I'd really like for Handlock to be a thing again.
It's nothing but Shaman and Rogue at high ranks now because Quest Galakrond Shaman can run 20 anti aggro cards and still get free win against all control decks due to infinite Shudderwocks. Rogue is the only deck that can beat it because it has the destroy all copies everywhere legendary to terminate the Shudderwocks.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's nothing but Shaman and Rogue at high ranks now because Quest Galakrond Shaman can run 20 anti aggro cards and still get free win against all control decks due to infinite Shudderwocks. Rogue is the only deck that can beat it because it has the destroy all copies everywhere legendary to terminate the Shudderwocks.

How do the shudderwocks go infinite?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
HERP DERP BOYS

1576142130502.png

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Shaman is so good right now that a 5/5 with free pyroblast doesn't make the cut in any of their decks... lol

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Format would be decent if Skyshiv was a neutral card. Galakrond Shaman is exploitable as it has no staying power at all if you handle the two 8/8s and would absolutely die to any slow midrange or control deck but nope two card infinite Shudderwock combo, anything that's good against it autoloses.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I just don't understand why Shaman would get a double invoke card for 5 that doesn't even have overload on it. While simultaneously the shaman invoke being the absolute best for anti-aggro. It's mildly annoying to run all the invoke cards for most classes. Warrior invokes aren't that great. But any invoke for shaman is decent because of the 2/1 rush it generates. Getting a fully invoked Galakrond is by far the easiest for shaman.

4 mana 2/2 invoke neutral rush card is just that. Except for shaman its a 2/2 rush and a 2/1 rush for 4 mana. You'd play that shit even IF it wasn't a Galakrond thing if that was what it did for all classes.

I really want to craft the Warlock legendaries but I just know I'll be relegated to playing in Casual Mode only with them. But damn I love handlock.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
2 8/8s? It's 4 8/8's, Galakrond costing 7 is gonna have to go to 9, at least in Shaman. Dragon''s pack should be 2-3 overload as well. The the invokes are just stupid easy mode.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I meant the corrupted elementalist that invokes Galarond twice. Upgrading it with a 5 drop immediately. Fully upgrading it on turn 7 and doing a 3/3 + 4x 2/1 with rush if you're running quest.

This is before you drop Galakrond on turn 9 for the 5/2 weapon and 4x 8/8 w/rush.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
When the expansion is 3 days old and you have to announce nerfs are coming because you fucked up
so badly.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Very surprising on this quick turn around. Maybe they've learned something?

Won't get my hopes up about it though.