Hearthstone

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Oh great now instead of beatable Shaman we'll have the most fucking retarded Rogue decks destroying the ladder!

Hey everyone!
The 16.0.5 balance update for Hearthstone will be going live tomorrow. Below are the included changes, and as always, we’ll be evaluating the results of these changes over the coming weeks and look forward to your feedback!
Corrupt Elementalist
  • Now costs 6 Mana (up from 5).
Sludge Slurper
  • Now has 1 Attack (down from 2).
Faceless Corruptor
  • Now has 4 Attack (down from 5).
Mogu Fleshshaper
  • Now costs 9 Mana (up from 7).
*Once these changes are live, players will be able to disenchant the adjusted cards for their full Arcane Dust value for two weeks.
Battlegrounds:
  • The Boogeymonster
    • Moved from Tavern Tier 5 to Tavern Tier 4 .
  • Mechano-egg
    • Moved from Tavern Tier 5 to Tavern Tier 4.
  • The Beast
    • Moved from Tavern Tier 4 to Tavern Tier 3 .
  • Coldlight Seer
    • Moved from Tavern Tier 2 to Tavern Tier 3 .
  • Primalfin Lookout(changed last week)
    • Moved from Tavern Tier 4 to Tavern Tier 5 .
  • Nightmare Amalgam
    • Has been removed from the pool of available minions.
  • Brann Bronzebeard
    • Has been removed from the pool of available heroes.
  • Bartendotron
    • Has been added to the pool of available heroes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Faceless corrupter needed to get dunked on, not slightly adjusted

Also as far as Mogu goes, there are 13 ten drops in the game. Low roll is a 5/5. Average is 8/8. High roll is a 10/10 with divine shield and reborn.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Corrupt Elementalist
  • Now costs 6 Mana (up from 5).
Sludge Slurper
  • Now has 1 Attack (down from 2).
Faceless Corruptor
  • Now has 4 Attack (down from 5).
Mogu Fleshshaper
  • Now costs 9 Mana (up from 7).
So Mogu is done, the rest doesn't really have an impact. Faceless corruptor is a moot nerf a a neutral card that everyone is running.

I really expected them to raise mana cost on Shaman Galakrond to 9 to both slow it down and prevent doubling of 8/8s with quest.

I guess replace Mogu with the Taunt+Invoke dude? Or maybe Nithogg + 1 of something else? The Gala shaman is pretty set in stone and this won't change its makeup much at all.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Honestly Mogu is still playable, and might even be better because you're virtually guaranteed an 8/8 or 12/12

Edit: The pool of 10 drops. So 1/11 for a mediocre outcome, 2/11 for whatever, and the rest of objectively crazy
5/5
2 4/12
6/6 (end of turn summon a 6 cost)
3 8/8
10/10 taunt
10/10
10/10 divine shield reborn
12/12

Last edited:

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I really expected them to raise mana cost on Shaman Galakrond to 9 to both slow it down and prevent doubling of 8/8s with quest.

This is what I was expecting as well. I was also expecting Corrupt Elementalist to not only go to 6 mana but also 2-3 overload.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Honestly Mogu is still playable, and might even be better because you're virtually guaranteed an 8/8 or 12/12

Edit: The pool of 10 drops. So 1/11 for a mediocre outcome, 2/11 for whatever, and the rest of objectively crazy
5/5
2 4/12
6/6 (end of turn summon a 6 cost)
3 8/8
10/10 taunt
10/10
10/10 divine shield reborn
12/12

Wow I totally forgot the impact of mutate.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Wow I totally forgot the impact of mutate.
Yeah, it needs a mechanic change, not a nerf to cards. If a card has a discounted mana cost when it gets played, that should be it's cost on the board. So if you played a Mogu for free and evolved it you'd get a 1 cost card.

• 1Like

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Faceless corrupter needed to get dunked on, not slightly adjusted

Also as far as Mogu goes, there are 13 ten drops in the game. Low roll is a 5/5. Average is 8/8. High roll is a 10/10 with divine shield and reborn.

All that means is that Shaman will continue dumpstering on slow decks, but the changes mean they can't really compete with aggro decks at all.

I've played a ton of games with pirates against Shaman and what would happen over and over again is on turn four I'd have three minions on the board against their nothing or maybe just a random healing totem, but they're at ~20 life because I've been controlling the board and not hitting face. Then they play 3-4 minions in one turn, drop fleshshaper for 0 mana, kill something, and then mutate it, blowing you out of the game. With the changes you get a full extra turn of damage from 3-4 minions before they can do anything about it.

With a 9 mana fleshshaper and 6 mana elementalist, Shaman is unable to take control of the board from an aggro deck before it's too late. You can't wipe out a board of 4 minions with just elementalist, fleshshaper on turn 5 anymore. Turn 5 buffed Dragon's Pack still does it but that's not common and aside from that they're just hosed.

• 1Like

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
All that means is that Shaman will continue dumpstering on slow decks, but the changes mean they can't really compete with aggro decks at all.

I've played a ton of games with pirates against Shaman and what would happen over and over again is on turn four I'd have three minions on the board against their nothing or maybe just a random healing totem, but they're at ~20 life because I've been controlling the board and not hitting face. Then they play 3-4 minions in one turn, drop fleshshaper for 0 mana, kill something, and then mutate it, blowing you out of the game. With the changes you get a full extra turn of damage from 3-4 minions before they can do anything about it.

With a 9 mana fleshshaper and 6 mana elementalist, Shaman is unable to take control of the board from an aggro deck before it's too late. You can't wipe out a board of 4 minions with just elementalist, fleshshaper on turn 5 anymore. Turn 5 buffed Dragon's Pack still does it but that's not common and aside from that they're just hosed.

It'll nerf Pura Galakrond for sure, but the Quest variant can adapt a lot more using different battlecry minions that counter aggro.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
It'll nerf Pura Galakrond for sure, but the Quest variant can adapt a lot more using different battlecry minions that counter aggro.

You have this totally backwards, quest Shaman is fundamentally MUCH worse against aggro than regular Galakrond because you're -1 card and -1 mana in the early game. The quest essentially never completes in time to matter in these matchups, and the changes you'd have to make to your battlecry suite to mitigate this are so extreme that it's just not worth it.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Fleshshaper is far more valuable for being a free/near free 3/4 than any trolden-esque evolve shenanigans, so that's a hefty nerf.

Removing amalgams from battlegrounds undoubtedly deserved to happen, but im pretty sure most games will still feature like 4-5 players trying to go murlocs.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Faceless corruptor is not a nerf at all. It's still a 4/4 w/rush and a +3/3 (average) w/rush on the board on turn 5. Which is huge anyway. Puts some stuff out of range of clearing it but whatever. The card by itself just makes leaving a token on the board way more dangerous that it ever used to be.

No idea why Corrupted Elementalist OR Dragon's Pack didn't get overload or if you hold/control a dragon condition.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Fleshshaper is far more valuable for being a free/near free 3/4 than any trolden-esque evolve shenanigans, so that's a hefty nerf.

Removing amalgams from battlegrounds undoubtedly deserved to happen, but im pretty sure most games will still feature like 4-5 players trying to go murlocs.

Yup, still too easy to get massive Murlocs with all the buffs. They need to remove the dino that adapts them all. Then they'd have to upgrade one at a time.