Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I kinda want a second golden MK, but god damn you can craft an epic for the cost of a golden common.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
So far I've played two OTK Shaman decks. The same deck that Savj was streaming earlier (people are so original). I crushed one easily but the second game I lost because every single RNG effect went against me. Two back to back Crackles for 6. A perfect Lightning Storm of 3 3's against my board. 7 of 8 missiles going to his face and ignoring the only minion on his board. Healing Wave pulling a Clockwork Gnome for me and a Drake for him (I didn't expect to win that won but still they had to rub the salt in).

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Threw together an aggro/murloc Paladin deck. Hella fun, but obvs inconsistent. Good way to get out of the low ranks though when you don't have much to lose and couple win streaks will move you up pretty quick. Surprisingly have only played one secret Paladin this morning.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
That feel when your arena murloc knight spawns another murloc knight and then on the next turn one spawns another murloc knight and the other spawns a grimscale oracle....

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
That feel when your arena murloc knight spawns another murloc knight and then on the next turn one spawns another murloc knight and the other spawns a grimscale oracle....
I had Murloc Knight -> Murloc Knight into next turn me dropping another Murloc Knight and spawning 2 Warleaders and Old Murk Eye. It was almost lethal right that turn, was like 24. And then I got greedy and lost because I was sacrificing murlocs just to resummon them instead of dropping a taunt to prevent me getting Force of Nature/Savage Roar'd.

#100 - The Angry Chicken: ??oMay the Chicken be with You??? - YouTube

Ben Brode sucks.

Haven't finished it yet, but things of note thus far:

Apparently they increased the drop rate of TGT cards in arena. That sure puts a lot of light on why I am getting so many TGT cards, despite the huge pool (and why so little removal). Dumb choice imo. Just increase the number of picks from 3 to 4.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Flaring away 5 secrets every other game feels pretty great. Need more people to hate that garbage off the ladder.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I realize playing Patron is pretty scummy but jesus fucking christ. I start to combo off as soon as my goddamn turn starts and im still left with 5 fucking patrons on the board that havent attacked and facing an undamaged antonidas that popped out of a sneeds.

fuck the bullshit animation faggotry in this game.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Indeed. I remember complaining ages ago when they changed animations to be way more clunky, and hardly anyone knew what I was talking about. Does anyone else remember when things were much smoother? I.e. Mage Hero Ability would ping instantly, not flip around, have a small delay, and then fire slowly. It was like that with all spells/abilities/animations etc, they USED to be much quicker/smoother.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Indeed. I remember complaining ages ago when they changed animations to be way more clunky, and hardly anyone knew what I was talking about. Does anyone else remember when things were much smoother? I.e. Mage Hero Ability would ping instantly, not flip around, have a small delay, and then fire slowly. It was like that with all spells/abilities/animations etc, they USED to be much quicker/smoother.
I love how a joust I already know the result because my card gets the benefit before the card flipped animation is even done.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I love how a joust I already know the result because my card gets the benefit before the card flipped animation is even done.
Only works with some things like Armored Warhorse where you can see the green border representing charge. Doesn't really work on things like Master Jouster. Joust is just really really slow and annoying. 1 Joust + Nozdormu almost takes your entire turn rofl.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just had an amazing turn 3 board clear against a really explosive mech mage opening. Except I prepped a backstab.

squelch. concede.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
I realize playing Patron is pretty scummy but jesus fucking christ. I start to combo off as soon as my goddamn turn starts and im still left with 5 fucking patrons on the board that havent attacked and facing an undamaged antonidas that popped out of a sneeds.

Practice makes perfect.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I've played probably a hundred games with Patron, I don't need to practice. I was aggressively making every move as quickly as the animations were done. The animations took probably 90% of my turn.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>

I quit patron over the animation BS. Sure, the deck is too powerful but I lost too many games from animation slowdown. Since Berserkers are the true kill card, you have to get enough damage out to kill them that turn many times. When you have to send Berserker early or just can't get it to attack fast enough, it is frustrating as hell.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well the real problem is that I was playing against duplimage and he had 3 belchers on the board. I'm not exaggerating when I say animations took 90% of my turn. I would have cleared the board if the belcher animations didn't take so fucking long, and I had what I needed in hand to keep going if he had the flamestrike.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I think the animation issue is going to be the next big thing they fix in hearthstone. Between secret triggers and patron its starting to become an issue. The fact that you can also "queue" animations and have them play on your opponents turn using your opponents timer is a problem.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think the animation issue is going to be the next big thing they fix in hearthstone. Between secret triggers and patron its starting to become an issue.
Make them even longer then IMO! And no queuing. Can't attack until animation over, sorry!