Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are you seriously claiming it isn't a tier 1 deck? Maly lock fell off pretty quickly once people learned how to play against it but it was still a tier 1 deck.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Turns out a Priest playing back to back double Lightbomb's is pretty good at tearing apart secret paladin. I did not see that coming. That mother fucker.

I think you guys are exaggerating saying playing against Riddledin is worse than Patron ever was. That's just ridiculous and it's only because you're having to deal with it *right now*. Secret Paladin is annoying, but it has counters and weaknesses and can't win on an empty board, and it also has inteeractivity. Patron simply doesn't, not really. And it'll come back, guaranteed.
Patron isn't really gone. That's probably the worst thing about secret paladin (the fast aggro ones not the midrangy style) it encourages MORE patron because its nearly a hard counter.

bwuceli_sl

shitlord
You encounter patron again starting from rank 10 and up on the Euro ladder. The meta is easy if you want to ladder up:
- rank 20 to 13: face hunter, eboladin and mechmage
- 12 to 8/7: secret paladin, some patrons and occasionally a lost handlock...
- 8/7 to legend: demonzoo, midrange hunter, patron, secret paladin and a lost dragon priest
- legend: a bit more variety with token druids and some very good oil rogues added to the list.

Grinding to legend isn't incredibly hard if you have the time and know the meta, but it sure as shit is boring as hell and I'd rather hit casual play and have some fun facing dreadlocks and such.

That's the EU ladder in a nutshell atm. In other words, since the release of TGT nothing has really changed except you encounter a secret paladin from time to time.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Are you seriously claiming it isn't a tier 1 deck? Maly lock fell off pretty quickly once people learned how to play against it but it was still a tier 1 deck.
If you look at their meta snapshot, Patron is in a Tier of their own (Tier 1), all other top decks are under patron in Tier 2. And their latest snapshot had Secret Paladin ABOVE Patron in Tier 1. Are you seriously saying it's the best deck in the game?

It's a Top tier deck but if Patron is Tier 1 then this deck belongs in Tier 2 with every other really good non-Patron deck.

Also, their explanation of Tier 1 is:

Tier 1:
These are the current top-level decks in Hearthstone ranked play. They are the closest to optimized or have such ridiculously powerful combos and synergy that they overwhelm the competition. Consequently, losing to these decks often feels "unfair" or "overpowered" because of how much more efficient and sometimes forgiving the deck can be. Play these decks with the understanding that you probably should be avoiding the friend request you get after winning.
Secret Paladin doesn't even fit their description because:
  • It's not optimized.. There are about 50 different variations in play atm
  • The deck is not forgiving: deal with the "combo" and most just concede on the spot.
  • The "rediculously powerful combos" is 1 card.
  • It's not forgiving at all, if your "ridiculously powerful combo" is dealt with the deck easily loses

All Im saying is it's not Rank 1 like they claim. It's good. Wins can be fast. But it's also able to be dealt with much easier than Patron.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
Yay! I got to play Voltron in brawl
biggrin.png

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I agree that ranking it over Patron is just nonsense, but I also don't see that they've even done a new meta snapshot since TGT came out. Do you have a link?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah that's real retarded sir. There are plenty of decks that do just fine against secret paladin, and Patron demolishes secrets.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So much Patron. I love how Chillmaw just gives them another win condition by massively buffing Frothing. I wonder how long it'll take for them to realize that TGT isn't going to change anything, and that Patron needs nerfed. Patron is definitely in a league of its own and nothing else compares, certainly not Riddledin.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I don't know jack about Hearthstone, but this dude on YouTube was using a card called Nozdormu to skip his opponent's turn. It was pretty funny lol

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I thought it wasn't joust itself, joust just happens to take a while. Wasn't there a way to abuse Noz with brewmasters?

MossyBank

N00b
This morning I went 16-1 to rank 10 with this deck.

HVs9gYu.jpg

It's really consistant, and does well in this meta atm. My only loss was a secret paladin that got insane draw.

Think i'm gonna try to push to legend this season for the first time.

bwuceli_sl

shitlord
I thought it wasn't joust itself, joust just happens to take a while. Wasn't there a way to abuse Noz with brewmasters?
Yeah, there is/was a way to abuse Nozdurmu that way. The sandstorm visual effect would be cumulative.If you bounce Nozdurmu a few times, you can't see jack shit anymore because everything is glitched. I'm not sure if it's still possible to recreate this, but I witnessed it once or twice and it was hilarious.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Yeah, there is/was a way to abuse Nozdurmu that way. The sandstorm visual effect would be cumulative.If you bounce Nozdurmu a few times, you can't see jack shit anymore because everything is glitched. I'm not sure if it's still possible to recreate this, but I witnessed it once or twice and it was hilarious.
Don't know if that is true but that wasn't the "abuse" basically you played Nozdormu then you played two brewmasters back and force bouncing each other then end your turn. The continued animations of the brewmasters would end your opponents turn with out them being able to attack.

It wasn't as good as the joust combo because you needed to have your noz stay alive a turn.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
It sucks so much that Priest's have a viable deck. I might bitch about other things but I honestly cannot think of anything I enjoy less in this game than to be paired up with a Priest opponent.