Hearthstone

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Reno just further highlights the issue with 'new' stuff and/or power creep when there's really little you can do to interrupt your opponent during their turn.

A less restrictive criteria and a less absolute ability would have been a better, safer card... but this is what people want to tinker with. I don't see how he won't be changed eventually - they keep piling in new cards eventually you'll be able to build most deck archetypes with singles only.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Reno just further highlights the issue with 'new' stuff and/or power creep when there's really little you can do to interrupt your opponent during their turn.

A less restrictive criteria and a less absolute ability would have been a better, safer card... but this is what people want to tinker with. I don't see how he won't be changed eventually - they keep piling in new cards eventually you'll be able to build most deck archetypes with singles only.
True and I agree but I like the idea of singles decks and hope they expand on it. It is good for Hearthstone as well. You want more of your product used and games really can be different. As ridiculously OP as Reno can be, it has been the most fun I've had in game for a while. Trump also outlines one of the other positives...getting to experiment with other cards you like but just don't fit normally.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea, it's a good card for fun, but Blizz does need to flesh out counters more, like anti-healing (you gain health instead or half health gain for enemy), anti-battlecry silence (creatures can't battlecry), etc.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
I never played magic, but apparently the reno deck is called a highlander deck in magic, so not a new concept at all. I don't see the problem

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I never played magic, but apparently the reno deck is called a highlander deck in magic, so not a new concept at all. I don't see the problem
rrr_img_115922.jpg

Also, highlander requires a deck of one hundred cards vs 60 to make it more varied.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Highlander is just a style of gameplay with only singletons. There are no cards in magic that have an effect based on you not having multiples of something left in your deck.

So im dickign around with mill rogue just for lulz and to pick on Renolocks. played an aggro druid and milled his entire deck the turn he played fel reaver, then killed it when he replayed it. rofl

foddon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm sure this is old news but I'm having fun playing Dragon Priest with double divine spirit, inner fire, and deathlord. Crushes so many matchups as long as you don't get godawful draws (and somehow I NEVER see it on ladder even though it's on tempo storm).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just got fucked on a reno heal in freeze mage because of those fucking torches. decktracker isnt capable of watching for them apparently. Lost what should have been an easy win against midrange pally.

You know whats funny though? Having confessor paletress in your hand as a rogue while playing against a mage.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Just got fucked on a reno heal in freeze mage because of those fucking torches. decktracker isnt capable of watching for them apparently. Lost what should have been an easy win against midrange pally.

You know whats funny though? Having confessor paletress in your hand as a rogue while playing against a mage.
Burgle > Unstable Portal?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm sure this is old news but I'm having fun playing Dragon Priest with double divine spirit, inner fire, and deathlord. Crushes so many matchups as long as you don't get godawful draws (and somehow I NEVER see it on ladder even though it's on tempo storm).
I like it in an aggro meta, but dragon priest with good draw is nice in an aggro meta anyway. The problem I found is in more midrangy and control matchups the deathlords will either get silenced or end up fucking you over hard in many instances. Plus you end up relying on the combo as a win condition rather than simple tempo and board and many times that means dead cards in your hand while the opposing deck out values you. Its fun though yeah, but its just the same kinda innerfire/deathlord template of old shoved into the dragon priest deck shell.

Tantrik

Golden Knight of the Realm
Was playing my Reno pally deck against a dragon priest tonight when this happened:
rrr_img_115937.jpg

Next turn one of my buddies summoned a warleader and game over.

ex-genj

Golden Squire
I tried freeze without bolts or lances a few months ago and it works but its just not as good. Maybe torches will help out more now but I'd be surprised. Of course that was a much more heal friendly meta with everyone and their mother running 1-2 healbots.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm just plain done with freeze mage for now. I can mostly handle reno decks, but there's way too damn many people playing patron warrior. Seriously? Fucking patron? The deck is shit tier trash now but people won't let it go. Hell, Worgen combo is a stronger, more consistent deck at this point.