Hearthstone

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nothing more fun than allowing your Druid opponent one turn with a minion then he rattles off 20+ damage in one turn, then just does it again the next. So fucking irritating. Real interactive stuff.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Nothing more fun than allowing your Druid opponent one turn with a minion then he rattles off 20+ damage in one turn, then just does it again the next. So fucking irritating. Real interactive stuff.
Yep. In an environment where creatures are harder to clear than ever...give one class both ramp and a shitty combo that usually deals 20+ in this environment. Let's say the combo should be able to fly on Turn 8 why don't we? Great deck to play against...salt is real.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Well that wasn't all that much fun. 2 wins in my 3 losses. Felt I had a decent deck. Everyone I was matched up against was a mage or paladin (2 of them). Got the 2 wins against the 2 paladins.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well that wasn't all that much fun. 2 wins in my 3 losses. Felt I had a decent deck. Everyone I was matched up against was a mage or paladin (2 of them). Got the 2 wins against the 2 paladins.
Arena isn't easy. I like it even though I usually suck at it. There's just so many times you get fucked by your draft, or your draw, or your opponents draw, or just rarity issues, like your opponent having a legendary that you just can't recover from. The power creep level has really seemed to exacerbate the luck factors at play to me, but at least its also made a wider range of classes more viable. It used to be pretty much mage/paladin or GTFO. As you saw that's largely still the case but not as rigidly as before.

I'm no arena expert so I might be off base with some of this but just my impressions.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Even pro Arena players are struggling real badly recently for some reason

Hafu is in a real slump for the past week or so. Going 3-3 multiple times and getting real suspicious if there was some kind of new MMR going on. Kripp is finding it really difficult to get to 12 wins too.

Dunno what is going on. Quality of opponents in Arena does seem much higher than usual lately.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think its MMR. Arena is a total RNG crapshoot in so many ways. Great draft of minions with no Truesilvers or Consecrates? Lol get fucked, 3-3. Great draft but your opponent has three fucking seals of champions that he manages to pull at all the right times? Hahah, fuck you, 4-3. You can know all about the right way to draft and curve your deck and make great trades, but in the end that dude with the Ragnaros, flamestrike, three fireballs and two frostbolts will just run over your stupid ass.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Kripp's guess is that all the average players and casuals are hoarding gold for the new set rather than play arena so the only people left playing arena are killers.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wouldn't surprise me if that's the case. If anything, competition seems to vary wildly based on day and time. This goes for constructed too, especially at the lower ranks. I've met some really odd decks on constructed when going through ranks 15 to 10 on the weekend before bedtime. Same with arena. If I play during that time, I can take some mediocre decks much farther than I expected.

I know some people bot arena. I'd love to see some macro data on win rate when the player's skill is normalized out(somehow).

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
Kripp's guess is that all the average players and casuals are hoarding gold for the new set rather than play arena so the only people left playing arena are killers.
I've had some bad streaks lately, especially while drinking, but I'm still getting a 7 - 10 win run in every day (out of 2 or 3 drafts). One thing I have been noticing is more legendaries. I'm getting more than usual and am facing more than usual. Had a Dr. Boom in a rogue draft last night. Over the course of 3 drafts I saw him played by my opponents 3 times. Small sample size, I know, but it seemed really odd.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like I've seen more legendaries too, but I don't do nearly as many arenas as you.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I haven't really played Arena in a while either. It's all I played for the first year or so that I played the game until I built up enough of a collection to make legit ladder decks.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I haven't really played Arena in a while either. It's all I played for the first year or so that I played the game until I built up enough of a collection to make legit ladder decks.
This. I absolutely love drafting MTG and I think arena is just complete garbage. I don't care how good or bad you are at it, I don't understand the fascination.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm quite similar. I stopped with the random pack reward. I think if they changed that I'd probably play more arena.