Hearthstone

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
A 6/3 on board is no joke and requires an answer, plus you can choose what best fits the situation. When you get to choose from 3 different Mage spells you almost never get a useless one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A 6/3 on board is no joke and requires an answer, plus you can choose what best fits the situation. When you get to choose from 3 different Mage spells you almost never get a useless one.

When you get all 3 you don't have to make a choice in the first place.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Tbh i found it too easy to remove. 3 health on turn 5, or beyond, is way too little for a 5 mana minion. There's just too many spells with 3 damage in the current meta. And the fact that it's 6 attack makes it an easy choice for removal. Here's a Lightning Bolt. Good bye. I'd have preferred it be 3/6, if anything, or, even better, a 4/5.

I tried running both Tomes and Conjurers, i found both pretty meh. My conclusion was always that i'd rather run a Water Elemental or Faceless Summoner instead, since Azure Drake at 5 mana is a staple. I found Babbling Book to be better than both though. 1 mana and random spell is decent. I think most tempo mage decks run the Books now.

• 1Like

Dragonaut

Molten Core Raider
Flamewreathed Faceless isn't even good, the top Shaman lists don't run it anymore. It just gets Executed or Freezing Trapped or you're playing against a go-wide deck where it doesn't matter because it can only kill one thing per turn. There's nothing wrong with Doomhammer either, the major offenders for Shaman are Totemic and Thing from Below.

Unfortunately, you can't nerf aggro Shaman at this point because it's literally the only thing preventing the format from becoming nothing but a half-dozen different flavors of Fill Hand, Play Thaurissan, OTK. Malygos Druid is ALREADY the top deck in the format with aggro Shaman still running around.

Flamewrathed Faceless is insanely good. It's so good that it literally created a meta dedicated to countering it which got to the point where it has been hated out of the tournament scene. Any card can end up performing below par when the whole meta revolves around countering it. When something's so good that nearly every matchup is either mirror or counter, people start looking for other things. The same thing happens every time a deck becomes too powerful, unless no realistic counter exists and Blizzard end up grudgingly dusting off the nerf bat.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It's the best feeling when your opponent fucks up lethal and leaves you at 1hp and then you punish it and win.

• 1Like

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Flamewrathed Faceless is insanely good. It's so good that it literally created a meta dedicated to countering it which got to the point where it has been hated out of the tournament scene. Any card can end up performing below par when the whole meta revolves around countering it. When something's so good that nearly every matchup is either mirror or counter, people start looking for other things. The same thing happens every time a deck becomes too powerful, unless no realistic counter exists and Blizzard end up grudgingly dusting off the nerf bat.
It's pretty hard to label FWF as that broken, considering how much of a joke Fireguard Destroyer was/is. Tuskarr Totemic is the card that makes aggro Shaman broken, it's a pretty mediocre aggro deck without it, but when you add a 3 mana card that gives you basically a 3/8 chance of winning the game immediately when you play it, it elevates even a mediocre deck to top tier.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's pretty hard to label FWF as that broken, considering how much of a joke Fireguard Destroyer was/is.

Hwunn5U.jpg

• 1SJW
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
How many times you use that image in this thread alone, Sparkle?

Anyway, this might be the first month i don't get 5 simply cause I'm really bored of the game. I don't even have much issue with some of the current cards unlike most of the playerbase. They would mostly be fine in the old meta.

Biggest problem i have is how they can make such OP cards for offense yet can't do jack for the control decks.

I had said healbot and Belcher were OP and should be removed back when formats were changing, got laughed at by some, but it really is true. They were OP and they needed to be removed to open up design space but they needed replacements.

We got no replacements. Bring those 2 cards back and most problems will go away.

Im also sick of the 1 month seasons. It doesn't appeal to casuals at all. By the time i actually get close to legend the season is over.

I'm like rank 11 right now and have missed some dailies due to full log. Whenever i play it's like 2 games and I'm burnt.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm having fun with the game as a noob. I have a fair amount of cards now, got some legendary cards from packs I won and I crafted Ragnaros. I'm rank 9 and I've played a good bit of most of the classes. I'll see how high I can get with Shaman and then I can go back to learning the other classes when the new season hits.

Secret Hunter looks fun, just built one of those decks. I like my Dragon Priest but it feels a bit under powered. Warrior is fun but seems really expensive and I don't have some of the big hitter staple cards for it like Grommash. And finally Mage, Tempo Mage seems like fun too but I need a few legendaries still for that also.

Apart from them I've also run into some decks from all the classes that steamrolled me. Seems like it's fairly balanced to me at the lower end of things. Shaman, Hunter, Warrior and Mage all seem solid. Rogues can be a pain in the ass too with all the combos and removal.

• 1Like

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also should say: Shaman is definitely strong, but for me it's not really Flamewreathed but rather how well fleshed out the deck can be. Great early game with Trogs, Totem Golems, Spirit claws and Tuskarrs. Plus all your regular totems, Synergy with Thunder Bluff Valiant and my personal favorite finisher Bloodlust. I seem to rarely do more with Flamewreathed than draw out a hex or sheep or something. Shaman is powerful because it's relentless.

• 2Like

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got a warrior quest, queue with control warrior. First game is against mill druid.............................. Get cancer blizzard devs.

• 1Like
Got a warrior quest, queue with control warrior. First game is against mill druid.............................. Get cancer blizzard devs.

This is exactly why I stopped playing Hearthstone. I'll hit up Hearthpwn and get a high-rated FOTM deck then get placed against an opponent with a perfect counter deck. Can't count how many times in the past I would be getting my ass kicked by hordes of secret paladins so I'd get fed up and switch to a deck with anti-secret bullshit in it. Suddenly, I'd 100% stop seeing opponents playing decks with any secrets in them. Switch back to my old deck and lots of secret mages/paladins all over again. I keep getting told it's "RNG" but it just seems way too coincidental.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Just played against a Burgle rogue who got 2 Al'Akirs off of his faggot Burgles. I mean, how fucking RNG is that?

Fuck this game.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity