Hearthstone

moai13

Trakanon Raider
Having fun playing Budget Miracle Rogue (only have Edwin, no Patches/Leeroy/Thalnos) Hilarious wins to be had with the help with the Swashburgler. In a game, had my first Miracle Creature killed, then burgled a Mana Wyrm, and had enough spells to actually win on the back of the Mana Wyrm.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I love it when a plan comes together. Reno mage vs Reno lock. Turn three i take sacrificial pact from the discover 2/2, and I use my burn cards liberally throughout the game. Many turns later he casts Jaraxxus.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
I love it when a plan comes together. Reno mage vs Reno lock. Turn three i take sacrificial pact from the discover 2/2, and I use my burn cards liberally throughout the game. Many turns later he casts Jaraxxus.

I played a Malganis Dreadsteed deck for a while that used two pacts. Really fun deck but not many control locks to use that wonderful interaction with.

So, Kripp had a video where he described the state of the game and how it has turned really unfriendly to newbies. I have to agree. I saved enough for 42 packs(including the free packs) on opening day and had one viable new deck to play. I spent about $40 on Amazon coins to make another two but for FTP players, this game is not friendly. I remember starting with the release of Naxx and it was a while before I spent more than the intro $20 needed for that expansion.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So I have 8 wins till golden Rogue that I'll finish up either tonight or tomorrow, and then my last class is Priest with 164 wins to go. Do any of the Priest decks actually work with any sort of reliability? In either Standard or Wild

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So, Kripp had a video where he described the state of the game and how it has turned really unfriendly to newbies. I have to agree. I saved enough for 42 packs(including the free packs) on opening day and had one viable new deck to play. I spent about $40 on Amazon coins to make another two but for FTP players, this game is not friendly. I remember starting with the release of Naxx and it was a while before I spent more than the intro $20 needed for that expansion.

Yeah and then in a few months standard will rotate, the card pool will shrink dramatically, and the format will be relatively noob friendly again. This is not a new phenomenon, maybe this is Kripp's first CCG or something.

So I have 8 wins till golden Rogue that I'll finish up either tonight or tomorrow, and then my last class is Priest with 164 wins to go. Do any of the Priest decks actually work with any sort of reliability? In either Standard or Wild

N'Zoth priest works extremely well in wild, I've always done well with it whenever I feel like dicking around. You get back the priest staples of lightbomb, deathlord, and velens chosen, have access to belcher (I never ran it in priest before N'Zoth but I do now), and also lightbomb. N'Zoth gets crazy value, you have lightbomb back, and also you have lightbomb again.

• 1Like

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Yeah and then in a few months standard will rotate, the card pool will shrink dramatically, and the format will be relatively noob friendly again. This is not a new phenomenon, maybe this is Kripp's first CCG or something.

N'Zoth priest works extremely well in wild, I've always done well with it whenever I feel like dicking around. You get back the priest staples of lightbomb, deathlord, and velens chosen, have access to belcher (I never ran it in priest before N'Zoth but I do now), and also lightbomb. N'Zoth gets crazy value, you have lightbomb back, and also you have lightbomb again.

Very true but Blizzard really pushes the newb friendly narrative and it's not exactly the deepest game without that distinction. On another note, I really hate these fucking Jade druids. Druid always has to have the shitty combo oriented decks.

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Rogue is just a fucking stressful class to play. So many times you sit there and your hand is just complete ass while you wait for Gadgetzan, and so many times you have to sit there and ponder do I just blow it all on a Questing or Van'Cleef and pray I don't get dumpstered for it. Questing is pretty amazing against control decks though, especially if you can conceal it. People are just playing greedy right now and not running answers, which I don't really understand.

Started a Reno/Dragon/N'zoth Priest in Wild and initial results are pretty good (3-0) but I'm only rank 15 atm.

• 1Like

Origin

Molten Core Raider

Dragon priest is very much viable in Standard atm. There's a few variations and all are quite competitive. Drakonid Operative is just a beast of a card.

Thijs’ Dragon Priest - ELC Superstars - Hearthstone Decks
S33 Sjow’s Dragon Priest - Mean Streets of Gadgetzan - Hearthstone Decks

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

I don't agree with Kripp's assessment at all. The game is more noobie friendly than ever.
Previously you had Zoo or Face Hunter as the cheapest decks (0 Legendaries). Now you have Warrior/Shaman/Rogue/Hunter all with "aggro" decks, can still run Zoo too, and even though they all use Patches (except Zoo), it's still just 1 Legendary, making 4-5 potentially very cheap viable decks.

FTP players complained about the 11K dust requirements of Control Warrior and being forced to only play Hunter/Warlock, now they can play 5 different classes and be competitive.

Right now Aggro Shaman is 5K-7K dust.
Rogue is at 8K
Dragon Warrior 8K
Pirate Warrior 6K
----------
Less good but still viable for getting rank 10 or better:
Hunter / Zoolock are between 1.5K and 4K dust
---------
Reno Decks are 11K-13K

---------
Naxx Control Warrior was 9K-12K
Naxx Face Hunter was 1K-2K

--------
Aggro Shaman last Expansion was 5K-6K
---------------------------------------------------

So while things are slightly more expensive than Naxx era, it's not by much. You'll never find a viable 1K-2K dust deck that is amazing but current Hunter/Zoolock are still close to that range.

In the better decks, Patches makes the costs higher but it's just 1 Legendary, if you add Leeroy then 2. It's not a crazy burden at all and god forbid a newbie have to sub in some sub-optimal cards for a couple weeks while they collect dust.

• 1Like

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Is it just me or has casual turned into a lovely place to actually play casual? I've been doing my quests in Casual and I literally throw decks together in like 15 seconds without any attempt at winning. Play 10 Divine Shield Minions or 10 Secrets or x beasts or x Murlocs or whatever. I just throw in everything that is cheapest to fulfill as many quests as possible, and I am winning constantly. It is crazy. Is casual finally a good place to play casual? Sure feels like it. Maybe I'm just lucky. It's funny though when you go into a game with 0 expectations on winning and you win 3-0 haha. Been happning for over a week now.

What are currently the best classes to play in arena besides mage?

Priest & Warlock. Basically, Kabal op. Shaman not bad either, but Mage>Warlock>Priest are all top of the line. It's hard to even put one above the other, but if I had to I'd put it as Mage>Warlock>Priest, just barely. They are all 3 insanely good.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Is it just me or has casual turned into a lovely place to actually play casual? I've been doing my quests in Casual and I literally throw decks together in like 15 seconds without any attempt at winning. Play 10 Divine Shield Minions or 10 Secrets or x beasts or x Murlocs or whatever. I just throw in everything that is cheapest to fulfill as many quests as possible, and I am winning constantly. It is crazy. Is casual finally a good place to play casual? Sure feels like it. Maybe I'm just lucky. It's funny though when you go into a game with 0 expectations on winning and you win 3-0 haha. Been happning for over a week now.

Priest & Warlock. Basically, Kabal op. Shaman not bad either, but Mage>Warlock>Priest are all top of the line. It's hard to even put one above the other, but if I had to I'd put it as Mage>Warlock>Priest, just barely. They are all 3 insanely good.

Yup. The new quests they added that complete for just playing the fucking game actually solved the casual problem. Who knew??? Oh, that's right, people on this board have been saying for years that it would be casual player friendly and most likely breath life into the non-competitive modes.

• 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider

I was just talking to my buddy about this last night. I've actually have had some very fun games. Especially when you throw a all (insert class) card deck together and win games against constructed decks. On the down side I find myself playing a lot less ranked now since I spend most of my time now just questing in casual.
I had an interesting game last night while trying to complete a 50 pally card quest. I was playing against a priest who proceeded to buff his light well so I started to buff it also to see how high I could get it. Ended up getting it to 41 then the priest dispelled it and quit the game. I had eye for an eye on and was curious if the game would have ended in a draw? Anyone know?

• 1Like

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Games can end in a draw Gator, yes. I don't believe it counts as a win or loss, but does break a win streak.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider

I still just do my quests in either Brawl or ranked depending on what quest it is and what brawl. Anything with "class cards" I just throw everything in at the lowest cost till its full (and win games lol). For hero power I just built a mage deck with inspires and cards that let me use my hero power multiple time. Finish the quests usually in 3-4 games max.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I just reroll the quests for classes i dislike. So druid and rogue quests get tossed. The rest of quests are usually easily done within 5-10 games just grinding ladder.

PS FU rank 7 aids :(

PPS I miss playing hunter :(:(

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I try to reroll 50g quests now, though it doesn't always end up in my favor. Like today I got the 40g deal 100 damage to heroes after rerolling which will end up getting completed. My log doesn't usually back up with stuff I don't want to complete, so I figured might as well try to get 60+ still

• 1Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I just reroll the quests for classes i dislike. So druid and rogue quests get tossed. The rest of quests are usually easily done within 5-10 games just grinding ladder.

PS FU rank 7 aids :(

PPS I miss playing hunter :(:(

I'm yoyoing betweej 4 and 8...I almost feel like I'm flipping coins...At least it is all just burning time on conference calls.

7 is definitely the home of every cancer deck in creation.

• 1Like