Hearthstone

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i just beat dungeon run as warrior. got >5 cost becomes 5, then kept picking the legendary, taunt, or recruit option. perma-stealth helps even more.

Perma-stealth is nice, but remember it hoses Taunt.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
ROFL, that's some super lazy programming on blizzard's part, wow..

I'm happy I downloaded gwent yesterday, so far it seems pretty cool. Definitely different, but a lot more strategic.
Yeah they probably created every single zombeast by hand, and the intern who did it is no longer there and no one else wants to do that.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Imagine they had designed their actual WoW raid encounters like that. You get one attempt on each boss, you can't swap players between bosses and some bosses required 8 priests, others required 8 warlocks and you don't know in advance which boss you'll face.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
Imagine they had designed their actual WoW raid encounters like that. You get one attempt on each boss, you can't swap players between bosses and some bosses required 8 priests, others required 8 warlocks and you don't know in advance which boss you'll face.
The best part is, I can't wait for the tear-jerking Brode video where he talks about how "they invested so much into this new format, but everyone min-maxes and no one plays it because they're just not engaging in the spirit of Hearthstone, and the community is at fault, etc. etc."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Just finished the dungeon runs as well. I hadn't had that much fun in hearthstone in a long time.

Anything with jade was easy. Longest for me was Mage by far. I suspect it's not that mage is harder, it's just that there is mucho RNG involved. I thought RNG in deck building was not as bad as RNG in which last boss you faced and what cards their abilities got them.

Devourer was the easiest boss if you had a good tempo deck, you can just rape him before Doom. He has no efficient removal that I know of. The Darkness was fair, little RNG involved. You eventually know all the cards he has. The other 3 (BWL dragon, goblin and beam) could be very frustrating, I never felt like I knew what I was doing vs them.

• 1Like

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Reynad Video on meta prediction:
(I skipped past the paid advertisement)

I wouldn't say Reynad is always spot-on accurate, and he's not really saying anything new here...Patches has always been broken.
Most of the decks he highlights are decks I've seen numerous times already at my lowly rank ~13.

I also put "Corridor Creeper" in my "Neutrals to watch" 3x, and I've seen the card played a lot already.

Aggro is stronger than ever, even with all the new fancy tools and cards.

Looks like Pirate Warrior is back.

Hearthstone is such a predictable meta. When you reach this time of the year there are just way too many cards in Standard, you'd think that would make for a diverse meta, but it actually just makes all the decks the same. Which is what Reynad is claiming. Every class just cherry picks the best Neutrals and puts a few class cards for support. It's happened the last 2-3 years now. Last year it was literally just "Pirates" and "Reno" decks. No diversity.

I didn't say it exactly, but in the back of my mind it was another reason I didn't care about this expansion. I just knew it'd be a shit meta. I've still only constructed 1 deck (taunt druid).

The dungeon run is cool though, but they dropped the ball on the rewards. For Hearthstone to continue being successful they need to spend more resources on new modes & new rewards. Unless they decide to change the fundamental gameplay of Hearthstone, which they'll never do.

Even Tournament mode would drastically change how the game plays out. I'm fine with aggro/cancer decks as long as you can strategize for them. But the current ladder will always be the shittiest gameplay we can imagine.

• 1Like

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Below are the decks that I've been monkeying with...I agree that Corridor creeper is strong and I need to slot it more.

As always, these are works in progress...but I thought it would make it easier to get the ball rolling with actual lists.

### kaz drag priest 2.0
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Holy Smite
# 1x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 1x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 1x (1) Psionic Probe
# 1x (2) Netherspite Historian
# 1x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 1x (2) Shadow Visions
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (2) Spirit Lash
# 1x (3) Curious Glimmerroot
# 1x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (3) Twilight Acolyte
# 1x (4) Duskbreaker
# 1x (4) Hoarding Dragon
# 1x (4) Kazakus
# 1x (4) Mass Dispel
# 1x (4) Priest of the Feast
# 1x (4) Twilight Drake
# 1x (5) Cobalt Scalebane
# 1x (5) Drakonid Operative
# 1x (5) Holy Nova
# 1x (5) Raza the Chained
# 1x (6) Bone Drake
# 1x (6) Dragonfire Potion
# 1x (6) Holy Fire
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza
# 1x (9) Ysera
# 1x (10) Deathwing
#
AAECAZ/HAh6XAsUE5QTCBskGjQiiCdMK1QrWCtcK8gyStAKCtQKDuwK6uwLYuwLqvwLRwQLYwQLZwQLJxwLHywLKywLwzwKQ0wLz0wLL5gKb5wL86gIAAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

### Big V1
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (0) Circle of Healing
# 2x (1) Pint-Size Potion
# 2x (2) Embrace the Shadow
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (3) Dragon Soul
# 2x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 1x (4) Barnes
# 2x (4) Eternal Servitude
# 1x (4) Greater Healing Potion
# 2x (4) Shadow Word: Horror
# 1x (6) Dragonfire Potion
# 2x (6) Shadow Essence
# 2x (7) Lesser Diamond Spellstone
# 1x (7) Psychic Scream
# 1x (8) Shadowreaper Anduin
# 1x (8) The Lich King
# 2x (9) Obsidian Statue
# 1x (9) Ysera
# 1x (10) Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound
#
AAECAZ/HAgqiCdIKqKsChbgCt7sC6r8Cws4C6NACkNMC2OMCCtMK1wqhrAKnrALovwLRwQLlzALmzAK0zgLj6QIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

### Thijs Seal Lock
# Class: Warlock
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Dark Pact
# 2x (1) Kobold Librarian
# 2x (1) Mistress of Mixtures
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Defile
# 1x (2) Tainted Zealot
# 2x (3) Chittering Tunneler
# 2x (4) Hellfire
# 2x (4) Lesser Amethyst Spellstone
# 2x (5) Possessed Lackey
# 1x (6) Rin, the First Disciple
# 2x (6) Siphon Soul
# 1x (7) Bonemare
# 2x (7) Corridor Creeper
# 2x (8) Twisting Nether
# 2x (9) Voidlord
# 1x (10) Bloodreaver Gul'dan
#
AAECAf0GBu0Fps4C+NACl9MC2OcCl+gCDNsGtgfECMwI3sQCk8cC58sC8tACiNIC+9MC/OUC6OcCAA==
#

### Big Spells
# Class: Mage
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Artificer
# 1x (1) Babbling Book
# 2x (2) Arcanologist
# 2x (2) Doomsayer
# 2x (2) Medivh's Valet
# 2x (2) Raven Familiar
# 1x (3) Acolyte of Pain
# 2x (3) Ice Block
# 1x (3) Tar Creeper
# 1x (4) Polymorph
# 2x (4) Saronite Chain Gang
# 1x (5) Cabalist's Tome
# 1x (5) Deck of Wonders
# 1x (5) Dragon's Fury
# 2x (6) Meteor
# 2x (6) Spiteful Summoner
# 2x (7) Firelands Portal
# 1x (8) Medivh, the Guardian
# 1x (9) Dragoncaller Alanna
# 1x (9) Frost Lich Jaina
#
AAECAc2xAgpN+wySrAKBsgKhtwLKwwKb0wKg0wLX4QKj6wIKigHAAaO2Ate2AsHBApbHApvLAtXhApbkAtfrAgA=
#

• 1Like

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Worth noting that Zalae Chakki and Muzzy won Trinity with a line up literally only consisting of aggro decks, and they have to bring every class

• 1Like

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
HS has and always will be a game about strong tempo and agro. Just like the Reynad video pointed out, the combat being entirely decided by the attacker alone makes it that way. I will continue to play the game because im dumb but it's such a piss poor design. Being designed around mobile devices really hamstrung it from having any true depth.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think mobile devices are the root cause for it's design flaws. Eternal, whether you like it or not, implemented its complete rule set in mobile.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
HS has and always will be a game about strong tempo and agro. Just like the Reynad video pointed out, the combat being entirely decided by the attacker alone makes it that way. I will continue to play the game because im dumb but it's such a piss poor design. Being designed around mobile devices really hamstrung it from having any true depth.

I agree until the last sentence. They decided gamers weren't smart enough to figure out complicated gameplay and went with the lowest common denominator like they always have with their games. It was also far easier for them to design it as such. Blizzard has gotten lazy but their games are well made cash cows. They know what people are willing to put up with better than almost anyone.

After a lot more play, I really like the dungeon runs until the last boss. The ongoing RnG to create the deck as well as certain styles and cards being completely fucked over against certain bosses is frustrating. The normal Blizzard kind of frustrating.

• 2Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have been enjoying a couple of variances on Rogue. The weapon is easily acquired thanks to the new creature that fetches creatures and of course the one that fetches the weapon. The spiders help with board wipe and it does not hurt that they are 4/4's along with the goblin which adds to card draw. Throw in the 2 spell giants and the destroy target creature plants and Its a fun deck that does pretty well against Priest. Its weakness is most likely swarm since it cannot deal with lots of creature that suddenly get larger. Still debating whether or not I want to throw in Darkness but not sure what to remove for it. I do have it in the rogue mill variant.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Dungeon Run should be... 1 x New Pack (or even classic /barf) for the first time you complete it with a class (So 9 packs in total), with the Cardback for doing all 9. And let people do daily quests in there.

Otherwise, it will be dead when the novelty wears off and as said above, Brode will weep and gnash about how people don't want new modes.

• 1Like

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Welp I lasted two days in this shit game. Garbage.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I was tempted to re-download HS after I heard about the dungeon runs, but now I saw people here talking about its "rewards". It killed my interest in downloading, the game's poor design (plus lack of formats/rewards) finally got to quit many months ago. Now I've been to spoiled by eternal/gwent.

• 1Like

Leon

<Silver Donator>
shamelessly took this from Savjz stream, not a competitive deck BY ANY MEANS, but just so much fun.

warrior control with very few minions, draw most of your deck, swap deck with opponent. By this point your deck has 1 or 2 cards left. Play explore un'goro, replace all of his cards with 1 cost discover card.

By this time either he fatigures cause you left him with nothing, or he plays ransom and get his deck back. Play skulking gheist, destroy his entire deck.

Play dead man's hand to keep you out of fatigure. Make sure you keep removal or massive armor gains to deal with the end of the game.

Watch as the opponent is confused as fuck as to what just happened.

• 1Worf

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
shamelessly took this from Savjz stream, not a competitive deck BY ANY MEANS, but just so much fun.

warrior control with very few minions, draw most of your deck, swap deck with opponent. By this point your deck has 1 or 2 cards left. Play explore un'goro, replace all of his cards with 1 cost discover card.

By this time either he fatigures cause you left him with nothing, or he plays ransom and get his deck back. Play skulking gheist, destroy his entire deck.

Play dead man's hand to keep you out of fatigure. Make sure you keep removal or massive armor gains to deal with the end of the game.

Watch as the opponent is confused as fuck as to what just happened.
sounds amazing. lol.

• 2Like