Hearthstone

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Honestly don't know if those changes do anything at all to the meta. Maybe DH cuts sigil runner for more aggressive 1 drop like Urzul Horror or Shadowhoof Slayer.

They just don't seem to understand that it's the entirely too synergistic design philosophy of the DH card pool that makes it so obnoxious.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Needs more interesting Battleground changes. Also I fucking hate BGs, the grind is so rough.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What should they nerf? I don't pretend to know HS well enough to make any suggestions here. Even if DH is too synergistic, why overly nerf them when the meta seems to be dealing with them?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What should they nerf? I don't pretend to know HS well enough to make any suggestions here. Even if DH is too synergistic, why overly nerf them when the meta seems to be dealing with them?

The meta is "dealing with them" by flooding the ladder with warrior, which is not a healthy meta either.

The problem cards are still Altruis and Skull, and I also think Twin Slice is sneaky op.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
lmao ... seems like Blizzard silently made scrap imp not get drawn until the bottom 5% of your deck. Every grandmaster who played warlock today it has happened. PNC(warlock) vs Frozen(Priest), Frozen played 3 scrap imps before PNC even drew 1 of his.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It’s a crystal caverns situation. The omni presence of dh is meta warping. Druid/shaman/Paladin are all complete dumpster tier. Priest is only seeing play because it crushes Warrior. Warrior is going to sky rocket because it beats dh.

I also don’t like “it’s high skill so it’s okay for it to be bullshit” argument for warrior. It was a bullshit argument for patron warrior and it’s bullshit now.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
lol says who? People play priest because they're stubborn masochists, not because it has any advantageous spot in the meta.
Priest is the 4th highest class played overall, and it sure as shit isn’t because it is fun to play. Maybe next expansion priest will be given a win condition other than 1000 board clears and boring your opponent to death.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
lmao ... Opponent plops down a Solarian Prime which right away gets a box about half way of that gets another box.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Priest is the 4th highest class played overall, and it sure as shit isn’t because it is fun to play. Maybe next expansion priest will be given a win condition other than 1000 board clears and boring your opponent to death.

Is that just standard or standard+wild? Because priest is in a decent spot in wild atm.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
I enjoy playing Galakrond priest. What I don't enjoy is the fucking faggots like you that love to vomit their hands on the board by turn 3 and then hope that's good enough to win.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Priest is just the most boring aids game ever. I concede instantly to Priest.

Almost hit Legend last night with Enrage warrior. But ran into a loss streak of faggots with unbelievable god draws for like 6 straight games. Will try again tomorrow.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was one win away from Legend, played for four more hours, now I'm at rank 3. As I was dusting my collection for the second time, I pondered what I actually enjoy about this game.

Winning a game is fun, especially when it's close and it feels like you made the right choice.
Collecting cards is fun, I guess. But I've got more than enough disposable income that that really don't make a difference.
Playing with friends, especially my brother, is a plus.

But I never feel like I have enough experience to home brew a deck. I'm always just pulling decks off the net. Nor do I feel like I have enough games played at any moment to tech against the meta. I played a mirror match where the warrior executed my Rampaged Grom. That lost me the game but I feel like that was the wrong tech decision for my opponent. The really frustrating thing is that I don't have the necessary amount of games played to actually confidently speak to those opinions. Law of averages says you need hundreds of games for that to prove out.

I didn't want to hit legend to qualify for Grandmasters or deal with the even more cutthroat meta. I wanted to stop caring about the impact of losses on progression. It was at this point I went through the above, trying to find some reason I enjoy the game besides artificial progression.

Making the right choices when the game provides you the cards to do so seems to be pretty much it. Maybe I'm just super salty right now, but I don't feel like that happens often enough. Sorry for the rant.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I was one win away from Legend, played for four more hours, now I'm at rank 3. As I was dusting my collection for the second time, I pondered what I actually enjoy about this game.

Winning a game is fun, especially when it's close and it feels like you made the right choice.
Collecting cards is fun, I guess. But I've got more than enough disposable income that that really don't make a difference.
Playing with friends, especially my brother, is a plus.

But I never feel like I have enough experience to home brew a deck. I'm always just pulling decks off the net. Nor do I feel like I have enough games played at any moment to tech against the meta. I played a mirror match where the warrior executed my Rampaged Grom. That lost me the game but I feel like that was the wrong tech decision for my opponent. The really frustrating thing is that I don't have the necessary amount of games played to actually confidently speak to those opinions. Law of averages says you need hundreds of games for that to prove out.

I didn't want to hit legend to qualify for Grandmasters or deal with the even more cutthroat meta. I wanted to stop caring about the impact of losses on progression. It was at this point I went through the above, trying to find some reason I enjoy the game besides artificial progression.

Making the right choices when the game provides you the cards to do so seems to be pretty much it. Maybe I'm just super salty right now, but I don't feel like that happens often enough. Sorry for the rant.
Yeah, the ladder system still sucks. It's even worse now that you're playing people based on MMR instead of rank. Why have a rank and a reset every month if you're just playing people based on MMR

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, the ladder system still sucks. It's even worse now that you're playing people based on MMR instead of rank. Why have a rank and a reset every month if you're just playing people based on MMR
Yeah, I don't get that. Why not make ranks based on MMR and ditch stars altogether? I bet the bouncing around trying to get to your next rank floor would feel better if you could see your opponent's MMR.

I'm still not sure I would be satisfied settling at a certain MMR.