Hearthstone

Duppin_sl

shitlord
I"m not doing very well trying to get into the Heroic part of Naxx (cleared the regular version).

Do I just need to build up some better cards? I've tried to throw a variety of decks at Anub and he still tends to wipe the floor with me. I don't have much in the way of "good" cards yet since I just started playing.

My question isn't so much about "how do I beat Heroic Anub" because I can google that. My question is how much better later cards are than what I have access to right now, if that makes sense.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
I"m not doing very well trying to get into the Heroic part of Naxx (cleared the regular version).

Do I just need to build up some better cards? I've tried to throw a variety of decks at Anub and he still tends to wipe the floor with me. I don't have much in the way of "good" cards yet since I just started playing.

My question isn't so much about "how do I beat Heroic Anub" because I can google that. My question is how much better later cards are than what I have access to right now, if that makes sense.
Absurdly so.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Well you don't really need legendary cards, for the most part the popular meta decks can clean up the heroic fights. If you're able to complete a few of the meta decks minus the legendary cards you should be able to beat them.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anub is probably the hardest to beat with cheap cards. Faerlina and Maexxna can both be managed with relatively cheap cards once you figure out the best way to work around their hero power.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Alright, that was sortof what I was figuring. I'm in no particular hurry, just not wanting to keep beating my head against the wall if he just flat-out requires better cards.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The only reward for Naxx heroic is a card back, which you cant get until you have beaten all the heroic bosses.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Vs. Mage. She didn't say 'Hi' or 'Well Done'....

rrr_img_72153.jpg

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I beat all three heroic bosses with 100% basic-only decks, no commons or above allowed. You do not need better cards to beat the heroics.

I beat all 3 bosses on normal with just the basic decks. Think I died twice between all of them. I just started playing and have yet to do any multiplayer or arena. Just been doing practice mode to get all classes to level 11.

DrLifetilt_sl

shitlord
I have enough dust to craft a legendary, so far i have:

Thalnos
Tinkmaster
Milhouse
Leeroy
Illidan
Ysera
Alexstrasza
Malygos

I also have Grommash, but i don't want the new one to be a class legendary. I like midrange decks, so i am between Rag, Cairne, Sylvannas and TBK. Particularly intrigued by TBK, because this card has given me a lot of grief in the ladder before.

Chakravartin_sl

shitlord
Been playing for about a week, no legendaries or $ put into the shop. Here's the decks used to clear heroic spider wing. Nothing that should take too long to craft. Widow was so easy I forget what I used, just a standard mage deck minus flamestrikes, didn't have them at the time. Just keep your hand empty

Anub:
rrr_img_72181.jpg

Maex:
rrr_img_72182.jpg

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone doing token druid with the new cards egg/spider/poison seeds style? Gets pretty lulzy, was wondering if anyone had a solid deck going for that. I made one that had midrange/lategame to it but thought maybe it could go aggro/weenie style too.

Arch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Anyone doing token druid with the new cards egg/spider/poison seeds style? Gets pretty lulzy, was wondering if anyone had a solid deck going for that. I made one that had midrange/lategame to it but thought maybe it could go aggro/weenie style too.
I got fucking blasted by a Druid running this type of a deck last night, seems really strong when you draw well (shocking). He was running the new spiders and eggs, Imp Master, Teacher and standard Roar/PotW etc. I can't tell you what else, game didn't last long heh. Did seem like it would be fun when it worked.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I have enough dust to craft a legendary, so far i have:

Thalnos
Tinkmaster
Milhouse
Leeroy
Illidan
Ysera
Alexstrasza
Malygos

I also have Grommash, but i don't want the new one to be a class legendary. I like midrange decks, so i am between Rag, Cairne, Sylvannas and TBK. Particularly intrigued by TBK, because this card has given me a lot of grief in the ladder before.
Partly it depends on which deck you like to play. TBK, Rag, and Cairne fit into many...I'd go TBK, or Rag...Sylvannas is just ok and Cairne, while really good...Is not as change swinging as the other two. I think you are correct to go TBK...It can be slotted into many o the archetypes.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I got fucking blasted by a Druid running this type of a deck last night, seems really strong when you draw well (shocking). He was running the new spiders and eggs, Imp Master, Teacher and standard Roar/PotW etc. I can't tell you what else, game didn't last long heh. Did seem like it would be fun when it worked.
Played against that earlier when doing daillies, I was playing my standard ramp druid but I still had my 2 starfalls from doing heroics(forgot to remove one but I still usually run one while most meta decks have removed both). I mulligan bunch of cards, end up with starfall and swipe in starting hand, by turn 7 I had drawn 2swipes 2starfalls 2wraths and 1 pyromancer, so the guy didn't really get to do anything, that was pretty disgusting draws and everytime he had 2 cards down I just cleared everything.

It's a good idea otherwise, works pretty decently from what I've seen on streams and shit.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I played against it earlier on shaman. He had me at just over half health and he was at 24, but I had a full board with totems minions and a couple fatties. He had an egg and spiders and something else and popped the seeds which filled my board with 2/2's and he dropped Power of the Wild to give him a 5/5 and full board of 3/3's. I guess he expected I'd have to start trading and get rid of his 5/5 and as many 3/3's as I could, but I hit the 5/5 for two, totemed into lucky spell power, and dropped my lightning storm to clear his board. He conceded as I started going to the face with all my 2/2's. Must not have been sitting on a Thalnos/Swipe or he still might have had a chance.