Hearthstone

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yeah, for all the talk about how good that card is, it has some huge downside potential. Like the card is basically unplayable against ramp druid.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Yeah, for all the talk about how good that card is, it has some huge downside potential. Like the card is basically unplayable against ramp druid.
Card is great against ramp Druid. Depriving them of an Ancient of War or Ancient of Lore is so valuable. What the card is is a huge gamble. If you grab a minion with an important Battlecry for the deck, that sucks for them. I love it in Paladin right now, because of Aldor/Humility. If I accidentally summon a big guy it suddenly didn't happen.

Also I beat Miracle Rogue by summoning his Leeroy and killing it today. Can't beat that.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I guess most of the Druid cards have that quasi battlecry. I'd just be too scared of that game ending rag summon.
It's very playable if you have good removal. Like you have a BGH already or equality or shadow word death or hunter's mark or to an extent syphon soul. Sometimes it might lose games but playing it a bit, it does give you generally a massive 2 turns advantage until it's removed, or eats a prime removal on a 3drop. It sucks when it summons something good and you also need to use a removal on it but quite often it summons jackshit or better, it summons something they didn't want summoned. I'd say it wins more than it loses. It's a bit like the old tinkmaster, where sometimes you'd use it to "remove" an annoying card and instead it'd become a dino and eat your face, but most of the time the result was worth it. I'd say in general the results is more often positive than negative.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, the card is just terrible vs hunter you're just gambling if they have hunter's mark in their hand or not.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it's still a great card in a lot of decks. I play it in quite a few, but Hunter is definitely one of the riskiest to play it against because it's so easily removable. Then again, Hunters have a lot of shitty minions so maybe not. When he played it I was so excited, but I didn't think I'd get the Hyena since I already had one in my hand. Was so happy when I did. good times.

Column_sl

shitlord
Heh Trump started playing Amazhs priest on Friday, and hes already rank 3 Legend.

How much does that guy play offstream ..
Also everyone copied my Deathlord strat that I came up the day of the new wing. =P, and people were saying that shit was bad to play in this thread.

Trump wants thats 250k at Blizzcon!

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Trump on a streak of 7 Rogue in a row, 6 Miracle. Good thing Leeroy doesn't need a change.
rolleyes.png

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Heh Trump started playing Amazhs priest on Friday, and hes already rank 3 Legend.

How much does that guy play offstream ..
Also everyone copied my Deathlord strat that I came up the day of the new wing. =P, and people were saying that shit was bad to play in this thread.

Trump wants thats 250k at Blizzcon!
I've actually tried it in zoo, it works pretty well

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like watching Priest because of all the humorous Thoughsteal plays. Versus Hunter after a Cabal Shadow Priest grabbed a Charging Rhino, Trump played Buzzard + Animal Companion (Leokk). Beast Priest!

Column_sl

shitlord
He needs to quit now imo, he just made a pretty dumb play, and hes not keeping up with the cards.

*Edit heh, he just quit.

Flank_sl

shitlord
The day they were released, i ran those 2/8 taunts in control warrior. I made the mistake of playing 2 of them on turn 6 or 7 against a paladin. He did an equality combo and got both Ragnaros and Tyrion. I don;t use those cards anymore.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Deathlords are actually quite good in the proper deck. I'd say warrior is probably not that deck, but they do work in Priest.

The Master

Bronze Squire
Priest, Paladin, certain Druid decks, I can imagine them in tempo/backspace Rogue, face Warrior (would improve the Zoo match up). I don't see the value in Warlock at all. Hunter, Shaman, and Mage.... pretty much the same thing. Don't see the value. Shaman have great removal but problems with card draw, you don't want to help your opponent get ahead of you there. No real synergy with Hunter, either face or beast Hunter. Mage... maybe. Freeze Mage needs to protect their life total early on and a full board is just more value for your clears. Turn 3 Death Lord makes that turn 6 Blizzard happen at a higher health total and to greater effect, in all likelihood. I know people are experimenting with it in Zoo. I don't see it, but I want to see games where it is played to really see how it does.

EDIT: Control Warrior to actually. I think that'd be good, with Brawl, Execute, Shield Slam, Weapons, etc.