Hearthstone

elidib

Vyemm Raider
try Crusher shaman then instead of the regular build. it's not too awful against hunter as long as they waste hunters mark on your blademaster/deathlord/fire elemental and not your earth ele/sunwalker/taunted up ragnaros. it's also more fun to play than regular shaman and does waaaay better in the control matchups, of which there are still many.

Column_sl

shitlord
Professional gamer Ryan Masterson (also known as Realz) announced on Twitter that he has been hired by Blizzard as an Associate Game Designer to aid in the development of Hearthstone.
Should have hired Reynad imo. Hes already expresses interest in the job.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
glad I held off on disenchanting that southsea captain.

rrr_img_74903.jpg

Brand

Molten Core Raider
I bet he didn't even put in an application, and I would bet Realz did
Hiring Reynaud just wouldn't happen...He is a young kid who delivers pizzas. Would you put him in charge of your game's design? Also, he does more as a unofficial ambassador to stir up interest. There is no upside to hiring him.

Column_sl

shitlord
Hiring Reynaud just wouldn't happen...He is a young kid who delivers pizzas. Would you put him in charge of your game's design?
It's Reynad, =P, and it's basically a consultant job, not head of game design..

The Master

Bronze Squire
Rank 5 Mage just Arcane Misseled my face turn 1. Turn 2 Loot Hoarder. Turn 3 Sorcerer's Apprentice+Mirror Image. Turn 4 Undertaker and then Fireballed my Face.

Needless to say I won, but how can that possibly be working for him?

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
That's basically the deck I threw together randomly and it works surprisingly well against some matchups. It's kind of like a zoo deck that runs out of steam faster though

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Okay what the hell? I was really happy when I saw that Kelthuzad brought back my 4/6 Druid of the Claw with Taunt back as a 4/6 with Taunt, assuming that he brought back Druid minions correctly. But then this happened? What the fuck? I know when Druid of the Claw is Silenced as a 4/6 taunt, it stays as a 4/6 and that Ancient of War for some dumb reason goes to a 5/5, but this doesn't make sense. If KT brings back one of them with the choice you made (e.g. Druid of the Claw with 4/6 taunt) then surely it should do the same for Ancient of War??? I mean that's not consistent at all, doesn't make sense. Either both should be with no taunt, or both should have their chosen ability. My Druid of the Claw got his taunt, Ancient didn't. Has to be a bug. So dumb.

Northerner

N00b
Yeah, the stack in Hearthstone is mysterious at best.

At least in MtG it is exceptionally Byzantine (to the point where I shit you not but I've as a multi decade programmer argued with real world lawyers over how to interpret certain rules...) but it is also absolutely clear once you wade through the language. Hearthstone? It is spaghetti code on top of nebulous Blizzard logic. Fuck, how many years of "add X percent to Y" meaning five different possible things did we deal with?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Difference between Druid of the Claw and Ancient of War is that the Druid of a Claw is a natural 4/6 with taunt whereas the Ancient of War is a "buffed" 5/5 minion. You choose a "buff" to apply to the minion whereas the Druid you are choosing between 2 different types of minions. You can silence a AoW to make it 5/5, you can't silence a Druid of the Claw (other than to remove taunt). You can tell this because the AoW has a green number for his health, meaning it is buffed.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Difference between Druid of the Claw and Ancient of War is that the Druid of a Claw is a natural 4/6 with taunt whereas the Ancient of War is a "buffed" 5/5 minion. You choose a "buff" to apply to the minion whereas the Druid you are choosing between 2 different types of minions. You can silence a AoW to make it 5/5, you can't silence a Druid of the Claw (other than to remove taunt). You can tell this because the AoW has a green number for his health, meaning it is buffed.
Still stupid as fuck and totally unintuitive. The silence difference between the two of them is bad enough (and stupid), but the KT thing is even worse imo.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
I actually thought about even mentioning most people dont run aow in that deck because it only comes back as a 5/5, but I thought it was pretty common knowledge.

Flank_sl

shitlord
Still stupid as fuck and totally unintuitive. The silence difference between the two of them is bad enough (and stupid), but the KT thing is even worse imo.
Never had these minions sapped and replayed them? Cat an Bear are two different minions, War is the same minion with a different buff.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why the hell would you expect KT to function different than any other interaction with ancient of war?

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
AoW seems 100% intuitive to me based on how it reads, Morrow, sorry but that one's on you.