Hearthstone

The Master

Bronze Squire
Hunter is really inconsistent in arena. Some of the easiest 12-xs I've ever gotten have been Hunter decks and I've also literally gotten 0-3 Hunter drafts. Most of the Hunter cards suck on their own, they are only good with synergistic pieces. So if you get all the pieces, odds are you'll stomp every other deck, if you don't it sucks hard.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Think I just played against my first bot. Never highlighted any cards, never emoted, and every single thing he did had a very particular 5 second cadence to it. Oh, and it was a Zoo deck.

Flank_sl

shitlord
This is the first of the new Naxx Zoos I've liked.

Interestingly I used a Haunted Creeper to kill a a Harvest Golem with a knife thrower out thinking I had a pretty good shot of hitting him with one of the knives. He didn't reappear as a target though until after my knife thrower finished though.
The deathrattles trigger in the order that the minions were played. You could not target it because you played the creeper before he played the golem.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
The deathrattles trigger in the order that the minions were played. You could not target it because you played the creeper before he played the golem.
I think the Golem just triggers after creepers period. I tested it again later and made sure the Golem was played first.

Cyni

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I went 7-3 with that hunter arena deck... feeling confident I queue up again.

Pick mage... feeling good. I get zero fireballs, zero flame strike, and zero polys. Went 2-3.

Sure seems to be rng based... I got absolutely stomped.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
So I went 7-3 with that hunter arena deck... feeling confident I queue up again.

Pick mage... feeling good. I get zero fireballs, zero flame strike, and zero polys. Went 2-3.

Sure seems to be rng based... I got absolutely stomped.
Arena can be very RNG. I find I have to meditate before I play Arena so that I'm all zen, otherwise I can rage quite bad... and I never rage at games anymore FFS. In all fairness having zero Fireballs and zero Flamestrikes is very hard. It's like going Paladin and getting zero Consecrate zero Truesilver... good luck with that. Poly isn't that amazing though. I wouldn't draft more than 1 normally, unless under extreme circumstances.

Oh god it is soooo satisfying to play against a Mage that is setting up a massive Flamestrike after freezing 3 turns in a row and then you drop Loatheb and hit them for 20+ damage next turn. Hahaha.

The dream:

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Warlock is fucking atrocious on the ladder right now. I have 2 5 win quests for it and I just can't win a game to save my life. Some are just draws, but a lot of it is just lol hunter.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Warlock is fucking atrocious on the ladder right now. I have 2 5 win quests for it and I just can't win a game to save my life. Some are just draws, but a lot of it is just lol hunter.
It's the first day of a new season so you're going to see a TON of Huntards over the next couple of days. Huntards have a couple of really strong decks with few counters so everyone thinks they can rush to Legendary really fast with it. Doesn't quite work out when over half of the matches are mirror matches though...

Once you're done with your daily, if you're seeing an extremely high rate of Huntards, both Amaz's priest and Miracle Rogue counter Huntards pretty well. Neither are guaranteed wins but both are well above 50% against them. If your collection doesn't allow for that, then just grind away with whatever works best for you.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just switched from Zoo to Handlock and got lucky to get a streak of not Hunters and was finally able to knock it out.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I eagerly await the Blizzard white knights to explain this one.
The worst part was my hand was full haha. My opponent went "I'm sorry". I was like what the fuck... scanned the board a few times to see if I was missing anything, but nope, Dancing Swords clearly attacked my face, Freezing Trap popped and sent it to his hand, and I drew a card, hand was too full, and it got discarded. Crazy. I don't care what kind of crazy logic you spin on this one, there's no way you can explain that bullshit. The white knights don't have a good explanation for a ton of shit as it is, but this one is indefensible.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Just had some guy stall a game forever. He did it by holding the card out to play but never played it. Not sure wtf the timer did not go on but it didnt. Fucking faggot, i was zoo smashing his face and he had to cheat to get a win. Pussay.
frown.png

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I eagerly await the Blizzard white knights to explain this one.
You won't find too many Blizzard White Knights here on this site. We're pretty critical of the game. We'll give Blizzard credit when it's due but we don't, blindly, give them loyalty.

As for the actual issue, you should Bug Report it over on Blizzard's site since that's, obviously, what it is. A bug.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
You won't find too many Blizzard White Knights here on this site. We're pretty critical of the game. We'll give Blizzard credit when it's due but we don't, blindly, give them loyalty.

As for the actual issue, you should Bug Report it over on Blizzard's site since that's, obviously, what it is. A bug.
That's fair, maybe stack wizards is the better term?

I'm not exactly a fan of the binder of MtG rules, but the 'touchy feely' rules feel like they could be entrenched a bit more. This one is obviously a bug, but some of them? Hard to tell.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Cool. Just played a Priest with 3 Ragnoros in Arena. I hate this game. I had 5 good weapons, Greenskin and my own Ragnoros, and I played a full draft without getting to play any of them. So done with Arena right now. It's just not enjoyable with so much RNG. I don't know how I ever enjoyed it in the past. I have maybe one draft in 5 that don't make me rage.