Helldivers II

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That bolt action explosive gun is absolutely insane.

1 Shot all medium armor
1 Shot Stalkers
Kills Chargers if you can hit them in the mouth (Very hard shot to make, have to hit them as they rear up to charge and it has to be perfect)
Closes bug holes
Gratuitously sized Flak explosion
Bullshit it's not one shotting medium ie devastators, unless maybe a headshot, in which case the fucking shotguns do that. Meanwhile what are you doing vs any decent sized swarms, your smg doesn't last long. Also seems to have same issue as EAT for me, you click to go into aiming and it long pauses where you almost have to double click it to get it to scope.

Bugs not the mission so maybe it's miraculous for them.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Bullshit it's not one shotting medium ie devastators, unless maybe a headshot, in which case the fucking shotguns do that. Meanwhile what are you doing vs any decent sized swarms, your smg doesn't last long. Also seems to have same issue as EAT for me, you click to go into aiming and it long pauses where you almost have to double click it to get it to scope.

Bugs not the mission so maybe it's miraculous for them.

I haven't tried with bots yet. I've only played against the bugs so far and its' great against them.

I use the Arc thrower, grenade launcher or LMG. Main gun is my big man clear.

Sludig

I haven't tried with bots yet. I've only played against the bugs so far and its' great against them.

I use the Arc thrower, grenade launcher or LMG. Main gun is my big man clear.
Polar opposite for me, hate how the arc feels, though it is nice for the stagger now on hulks etc. I'm dominator is almost as good as old slugger, quasar, and usually 500/airstrike and shield or EAT.
I think I enjoy bots now more, the skeleton rockets seem toned down, shoot retarded more retarded now vs a big pack of 3 meaning almost always getting hit. I think the various heavies are all far easier to deal with, no hunters interrupting your shit in your face while trying to do stuff.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Polar opposite for me, hate how the arc feels, though it is nice for the stagger now on hulks etc. I'm dominator is almost as good as old slugger, quasar, and usually 500/airstrike and shield or EAT.
I think I enjoy bots now more, the skeleton rockets seem toned down, shoot retarded more retarded now vs a big pack of 3 meaning almost always getting hit. I think the various heavies are all far easier to deal with, no hunters interrupting your shit in your face while trying to do stuff.

I like fighting both, good to have options.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

The grenade pistol is pretty alright at least. Doesn't seem game breaking, kinda easy to fuck up, but kinda nice to have on hand think I can kill more than a few clips of smg would.

Sludig

2 Random video's of the eruptor where they are like omg i love it but watching the clip just looks like dogshit. But I'll give it a little further research paired with an LMG and EAT, but still feels slow innefficient if I wanted a shield still. Bugs that's ok, still needed on bots imo.

Kiki

Log Wizard

I agree, I much prefer bots (although I hate gunships). Just too much swarming on bugs, hunters are annoying, etc. I like having gunfight standoffs with a bot base, plus with an autocannon I can kill anything bots throw at me. Artillery becomes much better, because you aren't running constantly to avoid killing yourself.

I wouldn't mind a mode where it was just heavies and up, no trash mobs.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I agree, I much prefer bots (although I hate gunships). Just too much swarming on bugs, hunters are annoying, etc. I like having gunfight standoffs with a bot base, plus with an autocannon I can kill anything bots throw at me. Artillery becomes much better, because you aren't running constantly to avoid killing yourself.

I wouldn't mind a mode where it was just heavies and up, no trash mobs.
This. Bugs are absolute trash to fight ever since the changes a couple patches ago to Chargers and whatnot. Right around the time they patched in the bug sprayer missions. The amount of swarm they do now is just dumb and unfun. You almost have to run guard dog just to keep all the miscellaneous shit off you. I haven't played at all since the automatons were "destroyed".

Sludig

Man, for bots the one thing i still can't stand. Chainsaw faggots. Shoot waist/head they still take a lot of hits, can take a direct impact grenade etc. I dont know how to cleanly stomp them, and this last game is like here we pretend we bugs, just fuck tons of those tanky fuckers and jet back guys which are a joke except for blowing up in your face when they die.,

Kiki

Log Wizard
Man, for bots the one thing i still can't stand. Chainsaw faggots. Shoot waist/head they still take a lot of hits, can take a direct impact grenade etc. I dont know how to cleanly stomp them, and this last game is like here we pretend we bugs, just fuck tons of those tanky fuckers and jet back guys which are a joke except for blowing up in your face when they die.,

Laser rifle or scorcher to the face. Thats the one mob autocannons suck at and how I pick my primary. Zerkers shouldn't take as many autocannon shots as a dominator or whatever but it does so I feel like it's just a waste of ammo.

Sludig

Laser rifle or scorcher to the face. Thats the one mob autocannons suck at and how I pick my primary. Zerkers shouldn't take as many autocannon shots as a dominator or whatever but it does so I feel like it's just a waste of ammo.
Ya, sadly I don't have the laser, hate scorcher. Kinda wish I hadn't gone for the new war bond and stuck to unlocking the laser one since it seems to have been more useful maybe

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Play one or two missions a week. I get a team and do well, did bugs for the first time. Took on what reminded me of a Tyranid Warrior solo and mission complete. I hoot with victory. Then teammate killed me. Bad feels man. not good

Kiki

Log Wizard
I was in a level 4 game just fucking around and had a guy call extract when I was across the map, after I kill all factories and I was just finishing a few side objectives (stratagem jammer and research station), so I ran all the way across the map as the shuttle is landing. There were only 3 of us and the other guy (who was also far away) left for some reason at this time. So i get to the landing pad with like 5 seconds to spare and shoot the guy in the head. Then I start heading back to the secondaries. He tried to ping once but then left (it was his mission too, I had joined him). I"m going to get banned at some point.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Why do none of these nigynogs even bother extracting super samples, like do these retards not need all the new upgrades.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Is this game the only modern one that have you waste bullets if you reload a mag before you are out? I really like that as it adds a bit of planning instead of reload shoot reload shoot reload shoot.

I know PUBG etc had this but its wierd they all went unrealistic with the reloading in most if not all games.

Sludig

Is this game the only modern one that have you waste bullets if you reload a mag before you are out? I really like that as it adds a bit of planning instead of reload shoot reload shoot reload shoot.

I know PUBG etc had this but its wierd they all went unrealistic with the reloading in most if not all games.
Tarkov

Casuals hate that stuff though that's why

• 1Like

Gator

Molten Core Raider
I've been having fun with my bot build. Heavy armor, scorcher, airstrike, autocannon turret, shield turret, AMR. Works surprisingly well but requires some planning and setup. Shield has a fast cooldown so you can usually throw it all over giving you cover to snipe or escape. AMR is two shots to a Hulks eye. Autocannon/airstrike cleans up trash. Airstrike takes out tanks and fabricators. I was close to maxing everything out and they released more levels to everything so the grind continues.

Edit: Figured I'd add more context since that build is for more open missions. The eradicate and save civilian ones I usually will bring the emp mortar and orbital laser in place of the autocannon and shield. I do hate the long cooldown and three uses the orbital laser comes with but I haven't figured out what I'd rather run instead.

Last edited: