Helldivers II

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
With the new upgrades I think emplacement are going to be a lot more meta. 100 seconds of is a huge buff. I just wish mortars event so bad about nailing you 6 seconds after the target died already

Sludig

Anything that roots you to a spot will be niche at best.
At old cooldown times sure. But you have like half the missions now are some flavor of defend or hold. How often on slightly open maps are mini bases and objectives within range of each other.

Look at my history saying they are dumb. If just for friendly fire. I need to see what the math is, but if they are a 2.5 min cooldown or whatever kinda puts them on par with a 500lb or other strike, basically trading off vulnerability to precision great for creaming a wave or two of things or screening a trickle of bullshit by itself.
I won't suddenly be using them just yet, but id say there's more a use case for having a few on team vs being a outright bad choice outside of horde defense map.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Mortar turrets are fucking retarded OP on the new "holdout while the rockets launch" maps. Same with tesla coils and minelayers right near the gates.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At old cooldown times sure. But you have like half the missions now are some flavor of defend or hold. How often on slightly open maps are mini bases and objectives within range of each other.

Look at my history saying they are dumb. If just for friendly fire. I need to see what the math is, but if they are a 2.5 min cooldown or whatever kinda puts them on par with a 500lb or other strike, basically trading off vulnerability to precision great for creaming a wave or two of things or screening a trickle of bullshit by itself.
I won't suddenly be using them just yet, but id say there's more a use case for having a few on team vs being an outright bad choice outside of horde defense map.
Defend mission is the niche I’m referring to. I would never want to be tethered on a big objective map, which are my favorite missions by far. Light armor, eagle airstrike, 500kg, shield, and AM rifle. Strike bases quickly and prevents drop ships from ever being call. Avoid patrols.

Cybsled

I think so long as you've logged in while a major order has been active, you'll get credit when you log in again if the order is met

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not sure you even have to have logged in. I hadn't played since mid-March and just logged in to ones completed in the last 3 and 10 days.

• 1Like

Aazrael

The Yellow Credit you get after a mission, sometimes (often) I just get the first one. We did all the bonus objectives and bot outposts etc.

Also, I might have played too many of the easier shooters the past few years (Fortnite/Overwatch) so this game really feels like chaotic war times.Add in the reload system, calling in strikes and resupplies. I like it a lot but I do suck at playing it...

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The Yellow Credit you get after a mission, sometimes (often) I just get the first one. We did all the bonus objectives and bot outposts etc.

Also, I might have played too many of the easier shooters the past few years (Fortnite/Overwatch) so this game really feels like chaotic war times.Add in the reload system, calling in strikes and resupplies. I like it a lot but I do suck at playing it...
People spend WAAAAY too much time taking EVERY fight and trying to kill EVERY mob. Don't do that. Keep moving. This game is all about hit and run, especially at the higher difficulties. Stratagems are there to give you breathing room. The mobs are never going to quit spawning, so GTFO and book it to your next objective.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard

I sucked at first too, around level 30 it clicked for me. It's some guerilla warfare shit, it's best to hit hard and jet, it's very hard to duke it out gaining ground slowly. Sometimes you just run away and come back later. or fall back and lead them into a trap but you have to have cleared room to do that, and then there are patrols. I still suck sometimes. Just now, I found the super samples and was running for extract, looked at the map and blam dead because I didn't see a mine. Had to run back for the samples.

Also, understanding patrols helps, see part one and part two:

• 1Like

Cybsled

You get completely fucked by the flying gunships if you don't have the right loadouts to counter them. We had a map with 2 control towers right near eachother and suddenly had 6 gunships all gangbanging our squad while we couldnt do shit lol

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

I just play right now to learn the quirkiness of this game. It got some controls getting used to but as I said I like it. Started aiming with the scope but not sure if that made it easier or harder. Still getting used to it.

I think I do one thing wrong and that is engaging stuff that has not seen me, I guess I should start avoiding stuff and run to the next objective.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Scope vs no scope is all personal preference. I only scope when using AM Rifle or need to target something further away with a main weapon.

and yes, it’s better to let patrols walk in by or go around them than engage most of the time. You get nothing for killing patrols.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Scope vs no scope is all personal preference. I only scope when using AM Rifle or need to target something further away with a main weapon.

and yes, it’s better to let patrols walk in by or go around them than engage most of the time. You get nothing for killing patrols.

Also depends on. The weapon and situation, I use the dynamic aim mode where hold to shoulder fire and one click to ads. DMR or long range eat shots I go first person for better accuracy.

Having the reticle set to always on also helps with those oh shit white devil is on me and I don't have time to aim.

Sludig

Hekotat Hekotat For whatever reason, noticing my crashes and blue screens seem more common w/ anyone on friends list feels like. Not sure I want to keep playing w/ blue screens worried it's going to somehow fuck something up vs a crash to desktop no biggy.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Hekotat Hekotat For whatever reason, noticing my crashes and blue screens seem more common w/ anyone on friends list feels like. Not sure I want to keep playing w/ blue screens worried it's going to somehow fuck something up vs a crash to desktop no biggy.

I haven't had any crashes since this last patch, I also haven't had any bsod at all. What does your event log say?