Hellraiser

Juvarisx

Florida
Fair enough, I suppose its cool they are going more to the source, but if thats the case you cant push the random female cenobite to the front like Pinhead was.

Like this is a case of failure because you want to go another way but glob onto the past greatness. You could tell the original source perfectly without Pinhead and make a good flick but you cant go both ways, you know?

You cant make the main poster about one of the three most iconic horror figures of the 80s without people assuming you are going all in on that character

Cenobites really dont have a gender, that was a creation of the first film, they all should appear androgynous in some way. As for using Pinhead at all, you really have to if its a reboot to get people back into the material. My hope is that they make Pinhead not obviously a women or man like it probably should be

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Literally the only way I would be interested in this is if they go in this direction:

Pinhead-Websize2[1].jpg

• 2Mother of God
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Cenobites really dont have a gender, that was a creation of the first film, they all should appear androgynous in some way. As for using Pinhead at all, you really have to if its a reboot to get people back into the material. My hope is that they make Pinhead not obviously a women or man like it probably should be

Its just such a challenge to change the appearance, or how the public perceives them. Its a losing battle. They need to accept it, No matter what, going this route is doomed to fail.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

---------------------------------

Where, two moments before, there had been an empty space, there was now a figure. It was the fourth Cenobite, the one that had never spoken, nor shown its face. Not it he now saw: but she. The hood it had worn had been discarded, as had the robes. The woman beneath was gray yet gleaming, her lips bloody, her legs parted so that the elaborate scarification of her pubis was displayed. She sat on a pile of rotting human heads, and smiled in welcome.

The collision of sensuality and death appalled him. Could he have any doubt that she had personally dispatched these victims? Their rot was beneath her nails, and their tongues—twenty or more—lay out in ranks on her oiled thighs, as if awaiting entrance. Nor did he doubt that the brains now seeping from their ears and nostrils had been driven to insanity before a blow or a kiss had stopped their hearts.

Kircher had lied to him—either that or he’d been horribly deceived. There was no pleasure in the air; or at least not as humankind understood it.

He had made a mistake opening Lemarchand’s box. A very terrible mistake.

“Oh, so you’ve finished dreaming,” said the Cenobite, perusing him as he lay panting on the bare boards. “Good.”

She stood up. The tongues fell to the floor, like a rain of slugs.

“Now we can begin,” she said.

While the others were indeed androgynous the one for Frank was HOT AS FUCK HOLY SHIT

1660841963961.png

• 3Like
  • 2Worf

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I may give this a go, but expectations will be low.

A woke cenobite would be fucking hilarious.
1660856852372.jpeg

• 3Worf
  • 2Like

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
This is the Hellraiser Clive Barker has been trying to get made since 2006. Director is pretty good, i liked The Ritual a lot so he has the chops to make it scary enough. Glad to see they arent skimping on what draws people to these movies though, I'll probably watch it.
No shit? Well I guess I might be a little bit more optimistic. The first two movies are fantastic, third is okay, and then they're pretty bee movie schlock after.

If Clive Barker is involved in it at all at least I'll give it a shot, as long as he's not just getting a paycheck to throw his name on it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/

Where, two moments before, there had been an empty space, there was now a figure. It was the fourth Cenobite, the one that had never spoken, nor shown its face. Not it he now saw: but she. The hood it had worn had been discarded, as had the robes. The woman beneath was gray yet gleaming, her lips bloody, her legs parted so that the elaborate scarification of her pubis was displayed. She sat on a pile of rotting human heads, and smiled in welcome.

The collision of sensuality and death appalled him. Could he have any doubt that she had personally dispatched these victims? Their rot was beneath her nails, and their tongues—twenty or more—lay out in ranks on her oiled thighs, as if awaiting entrance. Nor did he doubt that the brains now seeping from their ears and nostrils had been driven to insanity before a blow or a kiss had stopped their hearts.

Kircher had lied to him—either that or he’d been horribly deceived. There was no pleasure in the air; or at least not as humankind understood it.

He had made a mistake opening Lemarchand’s box. A very terrible mistake.

“Oh, so you’ve finished dreaming,” said the Cenobite, perusing him as he lay panting on the bare boards. “Good.”

She stood up. The tongues fell to the floor, like a rain of slugs.

“Now we can begin,” she said.

While the others were indeed androgynous the one for Frank was HOT AS FUCK HOLY SHIT

View attachment 428728
hell-priestess_hell-priestess_gallery_5c4d91109f392.jpg

I'd say sure, but the actress isn't rocking the necessary knockers.

Literally the only way I would be interested in this is if they go in this direction:

scared zapp brannigan GIF

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
There are a series of comics from I think Image that are excellent. Kirsty Cotton leads a group of people that all had their lives torn apart by the box on a quest to destroy every Lament Configuration there is. It turns out there's some serious consequences to doing that. As a sequel to the story began with the first two films they're great great great. On the other hand Clive Barker's long awaited The Scarlet Gospels was awful. Harry D'Amour vs Pinhead, spend some time in the first city of Hell, final confrontation, etc. and it was really a chore to get through.

The Ritual was super good though so having that director on this gives me hope.
The comics are fucking fantastic. They were a perfect extended universe for the movies. Just such a creative and unique way to explore everything in further detail.
Was pretty blown away when Kristy becomes the new Pinhead, and it wasn't a weird woke deal. Those comics are very underrated

• 1Splash the Pot
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So supposedly while reading about this a few months back, Clives OG work had Pinhead as a chick. Never read that stuff I think it was short stories from way back, and not sure if true or not.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
So supposedly while reading about this a few months back, Clives OG work had Pinhead as a chick. Never read that stuff I think it was short stories from way back, and not sure if true or not.

Yes but none of the hell priests have all that much character. I posted probably the passage with the most description and they don't say or do that much.

edit - without Douglas Bradley I don't think you have a franchise.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
YEah I just saw that after my reply. Only stuff I ever read by clive was Damnation game which I quite enjoyed. Back in my High School Horror / S King stretch.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Yes but none of the hell priests have all that much character. I posted probably the passage with the most description and they don't say or do that much.

edit - without Douglas Bradley I don't think you have a franchise.
Is he reprising his role or is he retired at this point?

Edit: looked back at the cast list... :(

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Clive Barker has a few good stories but most of his work is just pure degeneracy. He focuses so much of his books detailing all of the things that are supposed to make you squirm that he forgets to write anything very engaging beyond the initial hook of how off-putting the subjects are compared to "normal" life.

• 5Like

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Well it seems to have higher production values then last handful of movies made, but any Hellraiser movie without Doug Bradly is bleh, and female pinhead here isn't doing it for me

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
In the Hellbound Heart that particular hell priest is a lady!

The real issue everyone is going to have to deal with forever is Douglas Bradley FUCKING CRUSHED IT as Pinhead. There's nowhere to go but down.
Pretty much have to agree. The Bradley made pinhead. Its going to take a lot to eclipse this scene:

(and I still hate that fucking nail scene....)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, that actually looked pretty good. I think the voice of the female pin head is pretty well done. I will watch this. I especially liked the detail about the box itself. I always thought that the world could be vastly expanded upon. This kind of looks like it might be going that direction.

Juvarisx

Florida
Voice of Pinhead here is 10/10

The Cenobites in here all here look fucking stellar, they arent a CGI mess, and that view of The Labyrinth (plus Leviathan) gives me a lot of hope. Yes no Douglas Bradly will hurt but they can make up for it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user