Hemlock Grove - Netflix series

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I think Peter is good, the little black haired/white haired chick is good (but has bad dialogue). Roman is awful, so so cheesy. And he seems to have issues pronouncing words, some weird accent, like English isn't his first language. Or second. Norman is just one note and Famke is still fucking smokin hot. I say god damn.

To me, if you watch the show with the idea that it is supposed to be "Twin Peaks with werewolves" then you'll be satisfied. Up until the ending, I don't even know what to make of that. Seriously, it is like they fired every creative person on the show after episode 12 and went into episode 13 with a whole new crew who had never seen the show.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This show is even worse than True Blood but in a different way. It is incredibly boring and drawn out whereas True Blood is pretty stupid and zany yet somehow it manages to be entertaining from time to time (as long as you scene skip past certain characters). I am up to episode 8 and I just cannot continue to watch it, it is that dull and yes Roman is a horrible character and gets way too much screen time.

Caliane

weird.
I liked it a hell of alot more then Grimm, once upon a time, American horror story, or the like. Im not really sure what level of comparison you guys are making.

Fammke's accent. yeah. that was like nails.

fris

Vyemm Raider
show's retarded, wish i could get my ~12 hours back. the coolest part of the series is the dude changing into the wolf. Roman has to be the worst actor on the world. I gave the show n early pass due to early tits (roman w/ the whore in his car) and seeing the wolf transformation trailer. in the end, it wasn't worth the bad writting and acting. wish i had rather spent the time catching up on Vampire Diaries, for which I'm a few seasons behind.

they seemed to rush wrapping up a ton of stuff in the final 2 episodes. let me know if i understand Famke's character correctly:

her dad is a vampire/dragon. she feel in love with a gypsy, who left her shortly after they ran away together. the gypsy stole her rings and horses, and she blames her tail, and thus cuts it off. dad finds her dead boy, which i assume the cause of death was bleeding to death from cutting off her tail? dad has the ability to touch her and bring her back. is this a hint that the werewolf Peter is her child she gave up after the gypsy left her?

and why did Norman Godfry go back and forth in being in love with here? there was no character development behind the random back and forth with that, nor why Framke's character loved that brother but seemed to be disgusted by his brother, Romans's father (or was Roman's dream true and Norman was his father?)

and what about the bizaar older sister w/ the giant eyeball? fine, a character that we never get to full understand. but the slow walking, can't speak, hand to have her hands wrapped up, but can use a stylus to type on a phone fast enough to talk to anyone? and when she runs away at the end, shows up just in time to pick up the just realized 2nd werewolf and snap its neck in an instant?

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
show's retarded, wish i could get my ~12 hours back. the coolest part of the series is the dude changing into the wolf. Roman has to be the worst actor on the world. I gave the show n early pass due to early tits (roman w/ the whore in his car) and seeing the wolf transformation trailer. in the end, it wasn't worth the bad writting and acting. wish i had rather spent the time catching up on Vampire Diaries, for which I'm a few seasons behind.

they seemed to rush wrapping up a ton of stuff in the final 2 episodes. let me know if i understand Famke's character correctly:

her dad is a vampire/dragon. she feel in love with a gypsy, who left her shortly after they ran away together. the gypsy stole her rings and horses, and she blames her tail, and thus cuts it off. dad finds her dead boy, which i assume the cause of death was bleeding to death from cutting off her tail? dad has the ability to touch her and bring her back. is this a hint that the werewolf Peter is her child she gave up after the gypsy left her?

and why did Norman Godfry go back and forth in being in love with here? there was no character development behind the random back and forth with that, nor why Framke's character loved that brother but seemed to be disgusted by his brother, Romans's father (or was Roman's dream true and Norman was his father?)

and what about the bizaar older sister w/ the giant eyeball? fine, a character that we never get to full understand. but the slow walking, can't speak, hand to have her hands wrapped up, but can use a stylus to type on a phone fast enough to talk to anyone? and when she runs away at the end, shows up just in time to pick up the just realized 2nd werewolf and snap its neck in an instant?
The show is retarded, but meh, so is most stuff out there. Pretty disappointing that Netflix went from House of Cards to this True Blood/twilight hybrid. I'm only a couple episodes in, but...
I remember gypsy werewolf asking someone about angels...my assumption was the the giant chick was an angel. I'm guessing this got shot down?

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
I think Peter is good, the little black haired/white haired chick is good (but has bad dialogue). Roman is awful, so so cheesy. And he seems to have issues pronouncing words, some weird accent, like English isn't his first language. Or second. Norman is just one note and Famke is still fucking smokin hot. I say god damn.

To me, if you watch the show with the idea that it is supposed to be "Twin Peaks with werewolves" then you'll be satisfied. Up until the ending, I don't even know what to make of that. Seriously, it is like they fired every creative person on the show after episode 12 and went into episode 13 with a whole new crew who had never seen the show.
He's Swedish. Looking at IMDB, many of the actors are not American.

As for the sister died as a baby/toddler and was reborn by the medical center. That's what the brother was trying to do after his daughter died. But I'm assuming since it was the first try, it didn't work so well.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Some of the one liners cracked us the fuck up. Campy? Maybe...yea ok it was. We (wife and I) took the better part of the week to watch this. I enjoyed the unanswered and wrong assumptions the characters made all over the place. We mostly enjoyed the way the lore was treated. Close to tradition yet unique enough to not be boring. I hope there is a second season simply because we talked about this more than anything on network Tv.

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Some of the one liners cracked us the fuck up. Campy? Maybe...yea ok it was. We (wife and I) took the better part of the week to watch this. I enjoyed the unanswered and wrong assumptions the characters made all over the place. We mostly enjoyed the way the lore was treated. Close to tradition yet unique enough to not be boring. I hope there is a second season simply because we talked about this more than anything on network Tv.
These are pretty much my feelings entirely. I can understand why some hate it but I was intrigued and would watch another season. Granted I'd prefer another season for firefly but we get what we get.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The show is retarded, but meh, so is most stuff out there. Pretty disappointing that Netflix went from House of Cards to this True Blood/twilight hybrid. I'm only a couple episodes in, but...
I wouldn't be surprised if they purposely got bad actors because they were cheap. Maybe they spent more than they could recoup on House of Cards and used it just to garner some extra subscriptions for the rest of the subpar shows.

Let's face it, Arrested Development doesn't have many big names on the cast (I am really looking forward to it though), most of them will probably work for pennies on the dollar comparatively. I'm curious what they come up with next.

But honestly, Hemlock Grove has some of the worst acting I've ever seen. Roman is obviously awful, his weird accent and pronunciation of some words reminds me of this dude in Zoolander:
meekuszoolander.jpg

But I thought Dr. Clementine Chausseur was even worse.

meekuszoolander.jpg

Venijk

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well that makes perfect sense, since the picture I linked from Zoolander is the guy who plays Erik Northman on True Blood, I had no idea until just now.
Any Swedes around here? Maybe they just talk like that.

fris

Vyemm Raider
the story is stupid. they spend 90% of the time on drama when what sold everyone on watching the show was a werewolf

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
I just wish they would've spent a bit more time explaining what everyone was. And tied up the baby, shelley and ouroboros storylines.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I just wish they would've spent a bit more time explaining what everyone was. And tied up the baby, shelley and ouroboros storylines.
It was pretty apparent they were planning on coming back for a second season.

Shelley was on the side of the road as peter and his mother were leaving town
Ouroboros in egyptian mythology was basically an unending cycle, if you die you are reborn, you cannot be extinguished etc etc. This makes me believe the "human" we saw inside the experiment chamber is someone that is being reborn
As for the baby, no idea where they are going with that one, we found out it was incest and Roman's after all but what does that mean? Human/Vampire hybrid? Big taboo in the world of vampires? Who knows.

At any rate they did a terrible job of making me interested enough to check out a second season.

a_skeleton_04

<Banned>
I wouldn't be surprised if they purposely got bad actors because they were cheap. Maybe they spent more than they could recoup on House of Cards and used it just to garner some extra subscriptions for the rest of the subpar shows.

Let's face it, Arrested Development doesn't have many big names on the cast (I am really looking forward to it though), most of them will probably work for pennies on the dollar comparatively. I'm curious what they come up with next.

But honestly, Hemlock Grove has some of the worst acting I've ever seen. Roman is obviously awful, his weird accent and pronunciation of some words reminds me of this dude in Zoolander:
meekuszoolander.jpg

But I thought Dr. Clementine Chausseur was even worse.
Just watched this. Ironic cause dude in Zoolander Aka Eric from True Blood is Bill's real life older brother

meekuszoolander.jpg