Heroes Charge (android)

lindz

#DDs
Ah yeah mystic would be for a magic team while commando works better with a agi.

I should probably start spending some crusade points on mystic too tho.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
No tank? Saw a few videos of people 77+ running with DK/Mystic/DM/OC/Chaplain and steamrolling Crusade.

You definitely go OC first, but from what I can tell DK is king for Crusade tanking and pretty important.
I run no tank at level 70 and just melt everything within the Crusade. I basically ran War Chief through most of the levels up until around level 40 and then started to hire a merc DK when needed. If you click on the "Tips" button located in the upper right while on the Crusade map you'll see that pre-purple levels, DK is definitely strong. The Death Mage in the post-purple level setup is basically the tank as her ultimate (Summon Wraiths) does a great job at AoE while stealing life force to heal her back up to full.

This has great synergy with the Mystic who AoE silences, the OC who freezes, and Frost Mage who debuffs magic resistance.

Commando has been a staple hero in just about everything I do outside of Crusade and is my first and only max'd star character at 5. I used her all the time during the Crusade up until I built my caster team as she can not only boost the physical attacks/movement speed, but she can also boost magic attack and dizzy (stun) the first enemy she encounters.

lindz

#DDs
Just got bear warrior from a gold chest and wondering if he's worth leveling up to replace my brute for tanking campaigns or if brute is still better. Level 46~.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got most of my main guys up to 2* in the last two days. In my 5 arena fights today I climbed about 4000 spots.

I've heard Crusade opponents are based on arena ranking. I probably should have sandbagged that for a while...still never cleared it(level 43). Run out of steam on 13 or 14 generally.

lindz

#DDs
Yeah this morning I got to 14 on Crusade and got an opponent 3 levels higher than me. My secondary team couldn't even make a dent in them for my primary team to finish off. Sad.
frown.png

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My opponents for 1-14 today were all lower than me. Some by 6+ levels. Then on 15 they were 5 levels higher than me.

Nice. And still probably weeks away from Old Curse to put together a real Crusade smashing team.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I'm at 390 rating in arena, 1 or 2 days away from old curse. Have a 2 star commando from crusade. Phoenix carrying me through a million fights.

Maxed commando haste move speed - Maxed Phoenix ultimate + Commando ultimate wipes the entire back line.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I honestly don't think that it is based off your arena score. I was in the top 150 and the crusade didn't seem any different when I was 1000+

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Running Commando, Pheonix, Iron Hoof, Succubus, and Old Curse, all 3 star except OC which is 2.

For crusade I swap out Pheonix for chaplain, haven't had a problem with 15/15

lindz

#DDs
I swapped my arena team out over night the other day to test it. Dropped like 3k rating and crusade was no different. Someone said that worked for them but I haven't seen a change.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's been said by others, but honestly just run whatever you have the highest star/color heroes for the most part. There are "better" heroes, but if you don't have them or they are low compared to your other options they will not be as good for you.

I've had two viable strategies work for me, at least in campaign and area:
1.) 1-3 tanks, 1-2 support 1 massive dmg dealer, fill in the leftover with a burst dmg hero. Basically you outtank the other team letting your 1-2 dmg dealers whittle them away before your front line dies. The difference in survivability for the tankish heroes and the magic/archer types is huge, not to go underutilized.
2.) This one varies in it's success but I've gone 4 massive dmg dealers and 1 tank. It seems to be much more luck/opponent based but it can work. I find that magic damage dealers work better as they can burst down the other team quickly....or at least try to. This is harder to win against teams that build in start 1 i listed because it's more likely they can outlast/outheal the burst and once your single front line hero dies you are basically fucked.

Again these all depend on how good your heroes are and what luck you've had in farming/evolving/promoting. The guide for crusade is good. It's a fantastic source of money and some hero cards. You can buy them with the crusade points and you can often draw hero cards from the purple chests. I typically get something decent every other day.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
I swapped my arena team out over night the other day to test it. Dropped like 3k rating and crusade was no different. Someone said that worked for them but I haven't seen a change.
I browsed the forums on this myself. I think it's tied to the highest ranking you ever had, not your current one.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still not positive how tied in it is to your arena rank at all, but my Crusade line up today was definitely harder. Only got to 11, and 3 of the teams I faced were higher than me.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Hit rank 166 in arena today - lvl 47 - Old Curse Phoenix combo is op.

I also joined the goon squad guild in this game. ROFL. they have death mage and death knight though. I'm the highest level in the guild.

lindz

#DDs
Damn 166, that's awesome. I was at 900 something the other night and lost a match during the night that bumped me down 2k rating. Must have been someone that hadn't done arena at all to have such low rating with a 12000~ power team.

I got death mage yesterday so was pretty jazzed. Still a few days away from old curse and warchief.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
My highest was around 150 in the late 40s. Starting to get a lot harder to crack 200 now with all the p2w players 4-5 levels higher. I'm at level 50 now where a few levels is the difference between all purples and all blues

Vitality

HUSTLE
Hit rank 69 today beat a 14000 power team with my 11.5k power setup without losing a unit. Level 49

DoctorSpooge_sl

shitlord
Game is kinda fun, but the p2w is particularly strong with this one. Having to pay ludicrous amounts for a VIP level necessary to refill energy more than four times is patently ridiculous.

Anyway, definitely shot myself in the foot trying to acquire a lot of heroes instead of evolving the ones I like. Currently using Shadowleaf, Chaplain, Lightning barbarian dude, Ember Mage, Cleric. Working on Commando and Mystic because I hear they're considerably better than what I have.

dangler_sl

shitlord
I'm finding nothing to complain about with this one. Probably my biggest grip is that I pulled Admiral, but since I already had her it gave me 7 pieces instead. Not enough far an evolve. Not even close. I feel cheated, from the free pull.... in the free game.

My main lineup is Phoenix, Shadowleaf, Commando, Chaplin, and Succubus. Succ gets subbed out more and more for Wandering Spearman, Lightning Elemental or Sniper. All blue +2.

Note, on the ucool splash screen, looking at it upside down, does anyone else read it as 'poon'?