Heroes of the Storm

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think BL will be far more viable with the CD change. Especially if ADC is back with the changes to Imposing Presence and the nerf to the two mage characters.

Honestly though I was kind of hoping to see healing normalized to what BW was after her re-work. I kind of hate that this game is ride or die on healers.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Played abathur for the first time... weird ass character but pretty fun to be able to clone zeratul and destroy mages lol

Tenks

Zera isn't the world's best target to use clone on. In general you want to clone heroes who don't gain a whole ton via talents. Like Jaina is a perfect example of someone you want to clone. Zera clones don't have FA, FT or double bombs or any of that so the simple 20% increase on AD and AP doesn't really make him a great clone.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I know he isn't the best, there wasn't a jaina to clone heh
It was a QM to try the character out with shitty characters on a haunted mines map

Kael changes look pretty fun, can pretty much throw out bombs constantly

Tenks

Yeah Abathur is rough in QM (note my win% with him even though I consider myself an extremely competent Abathur.) You can get bad comps, bad maps and people who don't fully understand how to use an Abathur hat. You'll try and save a fleeing hero with your shield but they'll take that as an invite to run their ass back into 3 people. You'll get a Nova who makes it her personal mission the entire game just to ruin your life. You'll get a team of 3 ranged damage and a Tassadar. It can be a pain to solo queue Abathur.

Xith

I didn't want to pay cash for monk, but playing against him.. he seems kinda crazy good. Was doing assassin-like damage, while healing people.. oh and he has a rehgar-like complete heal ult, and can port around to people.

Kerrigan changes don't seem very good to me. They increased combo mana costs and reduced damage.. the blood for blood replacement is way worse, imo. I'd much rather have health than a shield that wears off in 6 seconds. All the assimilation talents just seem lackluster.

Needless

Toe Sucker
his non ult healing seems underwhelming and can't compete with the three 'main' healers currently though, much like tyrande. Alternatively he does a lot of damage for a support lol

plus you need to time it on somebody as they die since its more of a 'divine intervention' via EverQuest than it is a heal like rehgars. I'm definitely going to play the shit out of him though since he feels really fun from the few games i tried on PTR

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'm pretty sad Abathur came up in the free rotation after I bought him like a week ago. Not that I'm sad to have Abathur, I just think I wouldn't have got him right now over something like Azmodan had I known he was going to be on free week.

Xith

Between gathering power and ignite changes, Kael's damage definitely toned down a lot. Chain bombs build might be best option for a lot of damage. I think his popularity is going to drop off though.. not sure if his damage justifies the complete lack of mobility. Bolt getting nerfed sucks a lot for Kael. Gravity Lapse build is kind of fun though.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i'm sick of getting 24 hour bans for using "offensive" language. there's an obscenity filter that's on by default, and options to ignore players and turn off ally chat entirely. is this what the world has come to? are we so pussified that i can't tell my teammate he's a fucking retard when he runs 1v5 into the enemy team?

The Master

Bronze Squire
Free abathur week jesus fucking christ it's bad.
The problem with Abathur is he is basically a support. If the team doesn't play with him, he sucks. If he actually sucks, he sucks. He has twice as many ways to be bad as a Warrior or an Assassin. I played him to 5 today for the gold and it was pretty bad. Bearing in mind I played him quite a bit in beta and he hasn't had that many changes.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Queueing as Abathur for QM is awful, i will 100% agree. I don't like his playstyle at all though so i'll do like 1 or 2 more games to get lvl 5 then never play him again lol

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Someone on reddit said you can leave the game on in Practice mode(not vs AI) and you'll get xp at the end, so you can afk grind shitty heroes when they're free as long as you restart the game every 20ish mins. Haven't tried yet but probably gonna do that with Abathur.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Someone on reddit said you can leave the game on in Practice mode(not vs AI) and you'll get xp at the end, so you can afk grind shitty heroes when they're free as long as you restart the game every 20ish mins. Haven't tried yet but probably gonna do that with Abathur.
This 100% works. In fact, if you have a friend bonus, it's actually better xp/hour by just shitstomping practice mode. You can stomp the computer in 9-12 mins and earn 70-90k with friend bonus. So, you earn around 420-540k/hour. QM can take you 20-30 mins, still result in a loss, and you earn about 80-120k.

A friend and I did a lot of testing on this last week, because it had a bunch of heroes neither of us really wanted to play in QM.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Chu8 going full damage with Kharazim on PTR. Looks pretty powerful. I like how he's basically sustained damage + heals. But his auto attack is so fast that stutter stepping is going to be hard (for me).

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
This works, but playing Abathur and afking (so my team is 4v5) my team still wins 50 kills to 0 inside of 10 minutes. Kinda funny.

Ortega

Vyemm Raider
Chu8 going full damage with Kharazim on PTR. Looks pretty powerful. I like how he's basically sustained damage + heals. But his auto attack is so fast that stutter stepping is going to be hard (for me).

Yeah I think the monk is awesome, but it's going to be really frustrating in Quick Match having him classified as a support heh.

Needless

Toe Sucker
QM match making is fubar anyway so it doesn't really change much. It's still going to be 3 warrior vs 1 half support and 4 assassins, 9 times out of 10 anyway.