Heroes of the Storm

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
HotS is way more casual/noob friendly than those two. Though I think it is a common misconception on the internet that HotS == LoL == DOTA2. All 3 are totally different games.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Been playing this again recently after maybe a year or so and holy shit is the matchmaker still awful.

Yeah, I quit playing 2 years ago because of this very reason. Recently returned and it doesn't seem to have improved much. I think it's less the matchmaker though and more just how the game "works". The biggest issue is that because HotS is such a team-focused game, just having 1 shit-tier player or troll essentially puts your team 20% behind.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Yeah, I quit playing 2 years ago because of this very reason. Recently returned and it doesn't seem to have improved much. I think it's less the matchmaker though and more just how the game "works". The biggest issue is that because HotS is such a team-focused game, just having 1 shit-tier player or troll essentially puts your team 20% behind.

Yeah one troll can ruin the game very easy. You can't really carry in HotS which is another big issue in some games like Dota2 you can overcome shitty teammates but not in HotS. Also even in just a quickmatch game you will get some of the most unbalanced character picks that it becomes almost insulting to play. I still play with a couple of friends at time and the enjoyment of the game and success rate of games go up dramatically even when duoing.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Yeah queuing with a friend or two is definitely the way to go for QM, solo queue can get pretty hellish, especially if you're playing tank/support.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I like when salty players babyrage because you miss one fissure when your team first hits 10, and he cries "WhY DiD THis Kt TAke ThAT UlT iF HE HAs No AIM OMG"
then you proceed to murder the enemy team with sick ass KT combos

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If anybody is interested in playing Team Hero League with a buddy and I, add me: Kirun#1416

We've been doing a lot better since changing up our duo a bit in the lower leagues, but the queues as a duo are awful, so adding a 3rd would be awesome.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
krovVy#1486, Just recently started trying the league. Matching against mid golds and high golds on solo, def like the team league more than solo queue. Only really play Valla and Tyrande, but game isn't hard to play anyone else.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Added you guys, yeah I have been playing this a bit more recently so it would be cool to group up some. Whats really frustrating is people don't even know how to draft basic stuff in this game.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
On a side note they need to ban new heros from competitive play for like the first month. So many times you get these retarded cunts on your team who dont even know how to use them.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hots sure feels more casual on the surface but you're in for slap in the face if you're thinking of just waltzing to grandmaster. The fact that 1 player on your team can indeed fuck the biggest lead you have makes it way more brutal than it looks.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hots sure feels more casual on the surface but you're in for slap in the face if you're thinking of just waltzing to grandmaster. The fact that 1 player on your team can indeed fuck the biggest lead you have makes it way more brutal than it looks.

I placed silver 5 in hero league because I only won 3 games. The other 7 were with throwers, quitters, afk bots, people who wouldn't peel, people who would solo lane single player, or bronze level players. Meanwhile it always seemed like I was playing grandmasters.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
At least they adjust your mmr much quicker now. TBH, if you really outclassed your teammates it should be really easy to carry in a bronze/low silver lvl. Its quite noticeable when doing my placements the difference between low plat and low diamond and I'm sure its a similar jump to masters. People in bronze/silver don't know or understand basic gameplay mechanics. A much higher skilled player wouldn't only outclass them in play, but also macro.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
The problem is despite what people try and say you cannot really carry in this game. What blows my mind is how crazy the shift in games can be. You can have decent games but I would say more often than not in Hero League people throw the game during the draft which is frustrating to say the least. I don't even mind the non-popular picks but when people go all melee into ranged or other dumb shit. Hey have have a beefy team with a tank and a bruiser lets go all squishy against them. Then you are forced to tank or support for the dumbest fucking faggots on earth and they have the gall to complain, protect me, heal more, its like you cunts picked trash and you can only tank and heal so much.

In the end I am starting to see why I quit playing this piece of shit in the first place, while the game can be fun with a decent group win or loss.. its fucking frustrating as fuck when you are paired with complete failure trash.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
11-18 so far in hero league, de-ranked to Bronze 1 last night. Usually the best player on my team any given game. Thanks for making this game fun and giving me the ability to progress up the ranks with quality teammates Blizzard. /s

Bad picks, throwing, diving, feeding, constant disconnects then the bots are free kills, super toxic people who think they are MLG hots pro's...jesus fucking christ.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Was curious what Ana's other ult was, pretty neat.

Global sniper stance that lets her heal/poison from across the map lol

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
Had a chromie on my time that saved more enemies from deaths than their healers did with that stupid time stop and the worst possible times.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I really like how Ana looks and her kit with the skill shot heals is pretty cool mechanic. Not sure how she will fair as a solo support, she would probably be alright running a Tass or Kharazim with her.

Also looking forward to see Junkrats kit and how it fits in with the current physics of the game, looking forward to the new map as well, the double mech idea is pretty cool.

I am assuming it is pretty easy to port over OW toons to HoTS because they already have the abilities to work with, major challenge looks to be tuning the talents properly, just my opinion, could be wrong or right.

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
What you y'all think about Ana so far? I really don't think she is a solo support she needs another pseudo-support (ex. Tassadar, Brightwing, Lili, and even a Tyrande would help). She is still new though so maybe once people start getting better with her skill shots she will be more viable. Now what do y'all think about the new map?!?!

I fucking love the new map, the conveyor belts mechanism and also I am getting a lot better piloting the mech, don't have much experience with being the gunner yet.

I am digging the the new shit thought, really looking forward to Junkrat too..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user