Heroes of the Storm

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
From the sound of I don't know if it's really going to compete with either league or dota, as it isn't really a moba. I'm sure there will be erosion from both because blizzard, but if anything it sounds like a standalone alterac valley.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
what's the differences between Dota and LOL?
LoL is all about spamming low damaging abilities, your character has a less individual impact on games compared to the team. Smaller map, no fear of teleports, less punishing for mistakes made, items have less of an impact, overall more "casual".

Delly_sl said:
I took that comment as 'compete with', because LoL and HOTS are more casual friendly games.
I could see this passing up LoL. They're basically the same type of play style, and there's some more interesting aspects about HOTS like no individual XP, the whole team gains XP together (from what I gained from the video) and far more early team fights happening.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
No individual EXP means I can kind of hide just how much I suck and blame others!

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well that's kind of the downside to the game I'd imagine. Really really bad team mates stand out much more when all you're doing is team fighting.

And 5 man groups can dominate that much more.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Well that's kind of the downside to the game I'd imagine. Really really bad team mates stand out much more when all you're doing is team fighting.

And 5 man groups can dominate that much more.
Yeah, this is the impression I got from the video. Looks like it'd be pretty fun if you have 5 organized people on voicechat and very frustrating if you don't.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't get it. Dota2 is better than LoL because it's more complex. This new moba-type game is better because it's less complex. Speaking from both sides of your mouth.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dota isn't better than LoL because it's more "complex". Not really going to go in-depth about why I think one's better than the other because it's like comparing WC3 to SC2. They're the same "type" of game but completely different.
This game is more the same type of game as LoL and does it better.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Dota isn't better than LoL because it's more "complex". Not really going to go in-depth about why I think one's better than the other because it's like comparing WC3 to SC2. They're the same "type" of game but completely different.
This game is more the same type of game as LoL and does it better.
Because you have enough information to make that call..

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mounts? Really?

Also did not like how they go below in a mine to do a "dungeon" and players are open for attack for the first 1-2 seconds as they come down.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Sutkeh long-time hater of league for no apparent reason, so don't mind him.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I still somewhat agree with Sutekh, which is rare, that this is more likely to rival LoL. Yeah I do like Dota 2 more than LoL, but I played League for years.. also I have a Black Alistar skin since I preordered the game which makes my opinion > yours. Suck it bitches.

RIP Dota. Hopefully valve stops caring about Dota2 and just turns all their focus to CSGO. I mean, Dota2 already can't compete against LoL. What are their chances when a Blizzard MOBA starts up.
Why would they focus on a game where it's decade old ancestor still has more concurrent players than it at any given time.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
From watching the match, it suffers the same problems like any other Dota - if you aren't playing, you will have really big problems understanding wtf is going on. This will be multiplied by various maps and objectives.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Meh after watching the video, I don't know, on one hand that looked decently fun, on the other, objective based normalized pvp, on internet? Who the fuck wants to play that? I mean it's not like LoL or Dota where you can have your carry farm up while you're getting trashed and then he, well, carries you to victory, as the name implies. Everyone has the same level on the team, there's no items/farming. If you can't coordinate properly as a team, there is no hope, no chance of comeback or chance of winning. If someone plays better than his team, he gets dragged down by everyone's shit and can't actually make a difference. It feels like a pretty poor way to fix the issues of the genre, if anything it's going to be even more frustrating for good players if they ever get matched in a team of weaker players.

Anyway guess we'll see when it's released in 2019.

Caliane

From watching the match, it suffers the same problems like any other Dota - if you aren't playing, you will have really big problems understanding wtf is going on. This will be multiplied by various maps and objectives.
Skulls thing seems particularly obtuse, yeah.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Meh after watching the video, I don't know, on one hand that looked decently fun, on the other, objective based normalized pvp, on internet? Who the fuck wants to play that? I mean it's not like LoL or Dota where you can have your carry farm up while you're getting trashed and then he, well, carries you to victory, as the name implies. Everyone has the same level on the team, there's no items/farming. If you can't coordinate properly as a team, there is no hope, no chance of comeback or chance of winning. If someone plays better than his team, he gets dragged down by everyone's shit and can't actually make a difference. It feels like a pretty poor way to fix the issues of the genre, if anything it's going to be even more frustrating for good players if they ever get matched in a team of weaker players.

Anyway guess we'll see when it's released in 2019.
I was thinking about this exact point last night. You can't snowball. You can't carry. People like doing that stuff.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I don't know I feel the objectives stuff were fairly clear, at least as a gamer. The lanes, creeps and pushing system were the same as dota/lol, the objective/collection/spawning special creeps was the same as Alterac Valley(old one). The skulls were easy to understand once I saw it once in action, you collect skulls, once 100skulls have been collected, golems spawn, power based on the amount of skulls your team collected.

The confusing part was reading the teamfights since I have no idea what most of these spell effects actually do, that's par for the course for this type of game though, unlike RTS where you can kinda understand due to the action being units shooting at each other, dota-likes tend to be a lot more confusing since it's all abilities/spells, and a lot of them per character.

There was a clear lack of aoe lockdown or hard CC from what I've seen, very similar to LoL in that regard, and every hero had a bunch of movement skills so it again similar to LoL. Also there was a Heimerdinger clone, dropping turrets everywhere and shit. Illidan looked pretty fun, maybe Akali like? His charge looked insanely long range and he used it repeatedly at times. Anyway their inspirations seem very much to be LoL Dominion rather than Dota anything.